Calculator for purchased skill costs

Achgut

If you are like me interested in how much Yen you need to save to buy a certain skill level for your hero in the market place, this can be easily calculated in Excel.

I have attached a file where you only need to enter your current skill level, the price for buying 1x skill point of the respective skill and your target skill level.

I calculate the desired skill goal minus the current skill level (=skill difference). Divide the skill difference by two, and add this to the current price for a 1x increment in skill. This will give you the average price of all increment steps. Then multiply this average cost with the skill difference, and you end up with the cost you should plan.

HH calculator.xlsx

Edited by Achgut
Removed personal information from file

38 minutes ago, Achgut said:

If you are like me interested in how much Yen you need to save to buy a certain skill level for your hero in the market place, this can be easily calculated in Excel.

I have attached a file where you only need to enter your current skill level, the price for buying 1x skill point of the respective skill and your target skill level.

I calculate the desired skill goal minus the current skill level (=skill difference). Divide the skill difference by two, and add this to the current price for a 1x increment in skill. This will give you the average price of all increment steps. Then multiply this average cost with the skill difference, and you end up with the cost you should plan.

HH calculator.xlsx

Hm, you are aware of the fact that the price for a stat level up increases over time? 

And my "dumb end user problem" is not to enter a certain skill goal, it is that I know only my level and not my skill goal. 

So adding the current price is only the lower end.

So thanks for a rough calculation. Just not what I thought before opening it.

@Camuga: Yes and no, because the script will only tell you the maximal purchaseable amount and what that is goign to cost. It's not going to tell you how much you need to get to a certain value of your own picking

Edited by Achgut

4 hours ago, Achgut said:

Yes, and this is factored in

It's not even correct for the initial cost progression, let alone for how it works at higher values.

There's also a fencepost error in the calculations, but that's a minor problem compared to the other thing.

I just reached a skill level where the cost increment was no longer 2, but above that. I have to rectify my previous assumption that this was a fixed constant for the cost increase over time. As there are apparently unknown variables I cannot make a better version. The fencepost error was known to me but considered negiglible.

Thank you to all the critical reviewers!

If a moderator reads this I guess this thread can be closed or deleted.