You make my whole computer freeze !

test_anon

Hi,

HC makes my whole computer freeze, even when I do nothing (without beating girls in the office), and am not on the tab.

I found a little fix by diminishing the maximal number of processes in my browser. (I set it at 3).

I am quite curious how the game achieved to do that, do you mine crypto-currencies or what ? 😆

The game lag a lot when I beat girls instantly, so I assume asynchronous tasks are launched when beating a girl, and has no time to finish when the next girl is beaten. I assume the Ymen animation when beating a girl is part of it. I also think the whole background is redrawn when beating a girl, so it might also be part of the issue. Obviously, the game seems to not use setAnimationFrameRequest (~= vsync).

More curious, the game also makes the computer freeze when doing nothing. It's quite strange as my computer is able to stand way more heavy computation, and I am not the only one to have this issue.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I added tags that seem relevant to me (feel free to edit them or add others if needed). This isn't a bug (or multiple bugs) but it's a legitimate issue to raise. Since the Hentai Clicker forum has one section for Bugs and Feedback combined, you've posted in the right place.

This is most likely a code optimization issue, as you've suggested. While any clicker game will eat up a lot of computer resources sooner or later, especially in the late game and/or during extremely fast phases (when you get to one-shot opponents faster than they can even appear on screen), this particular one is the most resource hungry I've played. The fact that it's also the only browser-based clicker game I've played, and the fact that my computer is pretty outdated come into play, but still, it could probably be improved upon.

I've experienced similar issues as the ones described above from day one myself, and since I started playing it again a couple weeks ago, I can confirm that it hasn't really improved on that front throughout the updates and major design changes it went through over the past six months or so, unfortunately. I even installed a separate, lightweight browser (Opera) just to run HC outside of my main browser (Firefox), which helps a little bit, at least with the frequent crashes. But I still have to be extra cautious not to run anything else that demands CPU and/or memory usage at the same time as HC, or else I'm almost guaranteed to have either or both freeze or crash. Even just having HC running alone in one browser and HH in the other, I often have a significant lag in HH due to HC.

I'll ping @Noacc to ask if there is more info available, perhaps tips on how to reduce the amount of resources used up by the game, and otherwise to pass the feedback on to the dev and/or tech team(s). I suspect this has already been brought to their attention in the past, but we'll see. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager

@test_anon
We don't mine with it, but it's a bit heavy indeed. 
It's heavy on my PC as well 😅

The team has already started optimizing it...but it will not be anytime soon...
I'll ask the HCL team if they have any recommendations on this and get back to you.

• Thanks 1