Does the MOJO (ELO) system for Seasons mean I should expect to get stuck at some Tier?

pek123

I'm just getting started, so it's my first time I've seen a new Season start (Demon Season).

Does the MOJO (ELO) system mean I should expect go get stuck at some Tier of the Season?  (Will the game eventually give me opponents so tough that I can only win half the time, losing MOJO as quickly as I gain MOJO?)  It's new to me because in other games (e.g. Magic Arena), you can reliably progress on the track just by grinding faithfully.

I want to reach Tier 26 for Shegobara Degosaka...

Edited by pek123

• pek123 changed the title to Does the MOJO (ELO) system for Seasons mean I should expect to get stuck at some Tier?
21 minutes ago, pek123 said:

I'm just getting started, so it's my first time I've seen a new Season start (Demon Season).

Does the MOJO (ELO) system mean I should expect go get stuck at some Tier of the Season?  (Will the game eventually give me opponents so tough that I can only win half the time, losing MOJO as quickly as I gain MOJO?)  It's new to me because in other games (e.g. Magic Arena), you can reliably progress on the track just by grinding faithfully.

I want to reach Tier 26 for Shegobara Degosaka...

As far as I understood the discussions since the feature launched (last November), the system tries to give you similiar opponents.

Yet there is no algorithm known, that tries to make it easier or harder.

What is known: there is a range of level your opponent can be above or below your level. And your opponent needs to be in a certain mojo range regarding your mojo.

If I remember correct, it was more a percentage than a fixed number of +-1000 mojo.

The level range is somewhere in patch notes since November.

So, in theory, the "stronger" opponents might "swarm out" to higher mojos - yet they have also the "strongest" opponents against them^^

As long as you get round about 20 mojo for opponents, you know they progress very similiar to you.

If your opponents tend to give less than 15 mojo, you are ahead of them - while 25+ means you coming into a higher mojo group.

Which does neither mean it will be easier or more difficult - it just means you might slower or faster progress in case of winning.

I have no clue how it is for a beginner. 

Edited by windia
  • Thanks 1

If your character has a strength around the average for your level with upgraded stats in the market, decent multistat gear and upgraded girls of your specialty, and you are not an absolute beginner (under level 100), you should reach tier 26 easily.

• Thanks 1

For the matchmaking you are in a lvl range. So  if all your stats are good for your lvl you should get there. The problem appears at higher lvl when a lot of players use booster 24/7 for leagues making seasons more difficult if you don't want that koban expense, that's the only complain in challege i hear in my club

• Thanks 1