Opera browser no longer supported?

Kedra

So apperently since todays update Opera (gx) is not supported anymore. Is it just mine thats fucked up or do others have the same issue?

I'm gonna be honest here, I won't be downloading another Browser just to keep playing the game that got increasingly worse and timeconsuming over the last months. And now I can't even tell my club because the chat is deactivated on mobile devices.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Kedra said:

So apperently since todays update Opera (gx) is not supported anymore. Is it just mine thats fucked up or do others have the same issue?

I'm gonna be honest here, I won't be downloading another Browser just to keep playing the game that got increasingly worse and timeconsuming over the last months. And now I can't even tell my club because the chat is deactivated on mobile devices.

They dropped support for Opera just now without any prior announcement and without providing a proper reason to Opera users.

There you have it. As for myself, I do not mind dropping Opera at all, but yes, I am also surprised by the course of action.

14 minutes ago, Nimano said:

They dropped support for Opera just now without any prior announcement and without providing a proper reason to Opera users.

There you have it. As for myself, I do not mind dropping Opera at all, but yes, I am also surprised by the course of action.

Personal taste I guess. Thanks good to know I didn't just miss any information but getting screwed straight up by them. 

• Like 1

I'm especially surprised as Opera is chrome based since a while now.

And I start again to dislike any browser specific optimization thus the "need" of "browser junctions".

That is just plain crap - remove that user agent query and let the player choose.

maybe any of these addons helps:

https://addons.opera.com/de/search/?query=user+agent

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

To me, it might become a reason to stop playing.
I think a programmer should not 'block' every other browser than the known ones, they should check for supported features.
Being a chromium based browser, glitches should be the same as chrome.

For some reason, it's not just a check on the user agent. I tried spoofing it, didn't work.
We are forced in a corner to use the big 4 browsers. I don't like being forced.

• Like 7

I am very dissatisfied with what the developer is doing. It's a shame! 😡🤬
Opera is as popular a browser as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge. Even more annoying, Opera has been working on the Chromium engine for a long time! What "genius" came up with to prohibit the use of the Opera?! I used the User-Agent Switch plugin to disguise my Opera as Google Chrome and... EVERYTHING WORKS! Not a single bug!!! And again the question arises, what "genius" forbade the use of the Opera?! I believe that such employees should be kicked out of work, they are incompetent!!! The developer just took and spat in the face of all those who prefer to use the browser they like, simply because the developer is too lazy to work, although in fact, no optimization work for the Opera is even needed, because, I repeat, Opera WORKING on the Chromium engine, just like Google Chrome and the current Microsoft Edge(yes, Edge has two versions on different engines: EdgeHTML (2014-2019) and Chromium (2019-present)).
For now, I will use this workaround, but if the developer makes it so that I still cannot use my favorite browser, I will give up the game. I don't want to support developers in any way who treat their clients so badly!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stalker696 said:

Any User-Agent Switch plugin to disguise the browser under the name of another browser.

The ones that windia posted all seem to be outdated based on the comments though

il y a 3 minutes, mark121212 a dit :

swapping user agent doesn't actually work :(

Apparently, it seems to work :

il y a 16 minutes, stalker696 a dit :

I used the User-Agent Switch plugin to disguise my Opera as Google Chrome and... EVERYTHING WORKS!

@stalker696 Which User-Agent plugin are you using?

This is bullshit. I've been playing for years, and suddenly i can't access the game anymore. I'm a high level player, i've put a dumb amount of money into the game, and now i can't get access.

For some info (despite my childish username here) i'm Mick, level 472. I've been playing a long time. My browser is the PS4 browser. I have no other way to get access. Devs, PLEASE reverse this. You'll lose alot of money, i assure you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mark121212 said:

Tried with both an add-on and by manually changing it in "inspect element"

I thought so too, but if you clear the site data (cookies etc), it does work.
Looks like the server remembers the browser support somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, mark121212 said:

Tried with both an add-on and by manually changing it in "inspect element"

Oh, sorry, I forgot to clarify, it is imperative to clear the cache and cookies, because in that data there is information about the User-Agent. Only after clearing the cache and cookies, the site begins to see the replaced User-Agent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom208 said:

@stalker696 Which User-Agent plugin are you using?

"User-Agent Switcher" but I think that it will work with any plugin, the main thing is to clear the cache and cookies for the game site after replacing the User-Agent so that the old User-Agent information is erased.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom208 said:

Apparently, browsers are not blocked anymore.

Can confirm that. Either it was a mistake (a REALLY weird one) or they actually listened to feedback for once.

il y a 2 minutes, Kedra a dit :

Can confirm that. Either it was a mistake (a REALLY weird one) or they actually listened to feedback for once.

There were some complaints on Discord about that. It probably helped.

8 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Good thing. It didn't impact me personally, but come on...

It worked for me. You may also need to clear the cache to display the latest data.
P.S. although the problem has been solved, but I will not remove the plugin, my trust in the developers has been greatly undermined! 😒