Oh no, another Avatar!

lepidocter

Great! I won 6 Mythic orbs! Let's roll!

And 3 new Avatars are here.

Cool! There's Valentine  Belle avatar!  I like Belle a lot! Generally, I don't think avatars are a waste, they look like collecting stickers.

...and Hell begin.

Now I want to challenge the devs. I'll pay them the plane journey and three days of hotel housing. So they can come my house. After a good italian dish and coffee, I'll force them to scroll 900+ avatar parted in groups of 6 with a lazy interface, just to remove that bouncing exclamation mark (that, uncanny but true, slow down the interface even more).

If they found the thing atrociously boring, enervating, unuseful and wasting the whole fun of an excellent game, they had to refund me the expedition.

Now, not to be pretentious, but I'm quite sure the query to sort out the new avatars should be something like 5 line of code. I can do it by python in 3 lines. And I'm sure I've already funded the coder enough to have him spend 30 minutes of his life, and add a button to sort out avatars on criteria (NEW/ GLOBAL). So one can click a button, check the new avatars and be fine.

(as long... and this is my actual fear... the avatars are not sorted by a query but are an hardcoded list... and that will be scary on various layers of scaryness- hopefully is not so).

Let's say that each avatar is an object, so probably it does own properties, one of it is the 'new' property. I'm sure you can do a query that sort out all the objects that own the 'new' property and rearrange the avatar list accordingly. Even if such operation will cost 3 seconds (it shouldn't), is uncanny more faster than scrolling 900+ elements manually (not speaking it will be more efficient on server data too).

ALTERNATIVELY. I'm quite sure there's a global that's set to determine the presence of that f°ç*°ç° green mark on top. It suffice to turn it off the moment you'll enter the profile/avatar/proper section. Not when you see the exact new element. Or give an option in the settings to turn off such enervating notify.

I can't do more on my side without inspecting the code. I hope someone will appreciate the contribution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

So... I was getting really anoyed by spending over 5 minutes scrolling through the new avatar pictures to find the one single picture that had an exclamation mark. Then i thought, 'Hey! i should put up a post about this on the suggestion forum! I don't know jack about coding and such but an option to select/scroll through different categories like 'New' and 'Currently Owned' avatars should be really easy to add to the game yeah?'

And i found your post here LOL.

I guess over 2 months and zero replies for the devs/admin team tells me all i need to know.

HAHAHAHA  HAHAha Haaaaah.... *starts crying in despair*

Edited by Kaskardious

• Slynia locked this topic