PLEASE move "Skip" back to the bottom of the screen

NYPup2Train

All of the buttons that initiate combat are low on the screen. So, now every match goes like this:

1. Hit "Challenge" or "Perform" or whatever to start combat
  2. Trek clear across the entire¹ height of the interface to reach the "Skip" button
  3. Immediately go back all the way DOWN to the bottom again, because that's where the "OK" button for the results will be

It's like a tiny bit of unnecessary torture that's been slipped into the UI. (And not the fun kind of torture!)

Notes:

1. (Or, if I'm not exaggerating for dramatic effect, ⅔ of the way up the screen height. Since that's about how far above "OK" and/or "Challenge"/"Perform", the "Skip" button will now appear. But that's still crazy far, to require a round-trip each match!)
Edited by NYPup2Train
Add unexaggerated footnote
  • Like 24

Random "alternative" idea: Just have the full battle as a toggle-able setting (always skip/always see results).  I think I've watched maybe 10 full battles since I started playing this game years ago.  I highly suspect most people skip (or 1 shot, which is effectively skipping) most if not all their battles.

It's clear from the quest information popup (e.g. xp gained) showing even before the skip button, you don't need to skip/wait til the end to know results.

Edited by jpanda
2nd clarify
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...

The worst part is, it seems like they moved "Skip" to make room for the (honestly pretty silly) battle animations — but it didn't even accomplish that because there are still quite a few that extend up high enough to block the button, and I still find myself having to re-click "Skip" sometimes after my first click didn't register due to the edge of a character blocking it.

So the button position was made far more inconvenient for effectively no reason, when it would've been far more effective to just place "Skip" BELOW the animations where it really would be out of the way!

Still, after 5 weeks it's starting to feel like a "no" on this, disappointingly. @jpanda Nice idea, but I have trouble imagining a bypass option being offered without a Bonbon or Krampon or whatever they're called (Koban!) tax to make use of it. (Like the 6 Kobans coming and going, now, to auto-populate or auto-clear the Places of Power activities. Zoinks.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, NYPup2Train said:

The worst part is, it seems like they moved "Skip" to make room for the (honestly pretty silly) battle animations — but it didn't even accomplish that because there are still quite a few that extend up high enough to block the button, and I still find myself having to re-click "Skip" sometimes after my first click didn't register due to the edge of a character blocking it.

So the button position was made far more inconvenient for effectively no reason, when it would've been far more effective to just place "Skip" BELOW the animations where it really would be out of the way!

Still, after 5 weeks it's starting to feel like a "no" on this, disappointingly. @jpanda Nice idea, but I have trouble imagining a bypass option being offered without a Bonbon or Krampon or whatever they're called (Koban!) tax to make use of it. (Like the 6 Kobans coming and going, now, to auto-populate or auto-clear the Places of Power activities. Zoinks.)

I don't give up, they've implemented some of my ideas after months maybe years.  Over time I do believe they listen, I believe some things are misunderstood (we want X, they give X-2) and they have a lot going on (maybe also a small team).  Tho some things they have a purpose (I hear) I don't understand such as the moving icon when you click on money collection in harem.