Best equips to run

Archevald

Hi, I was wondering what are the best equips to run, I'm lvl 425 and I've always runned rainbow equips but is it really the best option ? I checked the stuff of the highests ranking players in the Tower of fame each week but some of them run all rainbow like me while others have 1/2/3 single stat equips (of their main stat).

Thanks for your help.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, Archevald said:

Hi, I was wondering what are the best equips to run, I'm lvl 425 and I've always runned rainbow equips but is it really the best option ? I checked the stuff of the highests ranking players in the Tower of fame each week but some of them run all rainbow like me while others have 1/2/3 single stat equips (of their main stat).

Thanks for your help.

It depends on the opponents. We have 6 rainbows and 6 monostat and switch them depending on the opponent. What you see is what that player has left equipped when not playing, on "defense", not necessarily what he uses when attacking.

Edited by Kenrae

On 8/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, Kenrae said:

It depends on the opponents. We have 6 rainbows and 6 monostat and switch them depending on the opponent. What you see is what that player has left equipped when not playing, on "defense", not necessarily what he uses when attacking.

So it is reasonable to assume then that you feel that using all rainbow is best for defense? Conversely, is it best to use all monos when attacking? Presumably matched to the opponents class?

9 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

So it is reasonable to assume then that you feel that using all rainbow is best for defense? Conversely, is it best to use all monos when attacking? Presumably matched to the opponents class?

No 😛
First of all, class is not important since they changed the battle mechanics. At all.

For "defense" it doesn't really matter much, your points don't depend on that. Only when you think the difference with someone else will be small and only when that opponent attacks you. It can mean that opponent having 2-3 less points in the end. I tend to use three monos but I'm still learning the new system.

On offense you try to optimise the number of monos against every opponent so you get the most "base" points (points without having crits) but using the minimum number of them to have more harmony. The only way to do this is using the simulators that comes with the HH+ script but you first need to understand what's that simulator really showing. The maths behind a battle.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, the equips are the only place where class is still relevant. The only equips you should be considering are Rainbow/Super Sexy and Monostats of your own class. Using any other type of Monostat (including Endurance and Harmony) will weaken you immensely.

In terms of the number of Monostats to use, the thing to be looking out for is reducing the number of turns it would take to get the win, hence why it's very situational. If you'd prefer to not stress so much about optimising to that level, full Rainbow is a very workable cruise control.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 6:29 PM, Kenrae said:

For "defense" it doesn't really matter much, your points don't depend on that. Only when you think the difference with someone else will be small and only when that opponent attacks you. It can mean that opponent having 2-3 less points in the end. I tend to use three monos but I'm still learning the new system.

Surely optimising on defense, while not important for gaining your own points, is about preventing your competitors scoring additional points much like trying to minimise the windows where you are unboosted? With it being so competitive in D3, those 2-3 points might end up being the difference in bracket of finish. Obviously less important to stop each opponent gaining 2-3 additional points on you than ensuring you gain an additional 1-2 points in every fight, but still a possibility for optimisation.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:29 PM, Kenrae said:

On offense you try to optimise the number of monos against every opponent so you get the most "base" points (points without having crits) but using the minimum number of them to have more harmony. The only way to do this is using the simulators that comes with the HH+ script but you first need to understand what's that simulator really showing. The maths behind a battle.

Now we're getting down to the meat and veg! By simulator I assume you mean this:

image.thumb.png.b38203d9bbc2ab0face456992e6856f3.png

Or is there some more expansive tool that allows you to sim a battle thousands of times and produce a bell curve of the results etc? Is there a resource to read about what the simulator is doing here beyond providing a estimated Ego/pts outcome with a basic traffic lighting system?

On 8/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, 45026831 said:

Just to clarify, the equips are the only place where class is still relevant. The only equips you should be considering are Rainbow/Super Sexy and Monostats of your own class. Using any other type of Monostat (including Endurance and Harmony) will weaken you immensely.

In terms of the number of Monostats to use, the thing to be looking out for is reducing the number of turns it would take to get the win, hence why it's very situational. If you'd prefer to not stress so much about optimising to that level, full Rainbow is a very workable cruise control.

Noted. I suspect the second point about reducing the number of turns is covered in the resource about the simulator I asked Kenrae about, but just in case, is there some way to derive this from the traffic lighted number seen above?

On 8/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, JustVisiting said:

Surely optimising on defense, while not important for gaining your own points, is about preventing your competitors scoring additional points much like trying to minimise the windows where you are unboosted? With it being so competitive in D3, those 2-3 points might end up being the difference in bracket of finish. Obviously less important to stop each opponent gaining 2-3 additional points on you than ensuring you gain an additional 1-2 points in every fight, but still a possibility for optimisation.

Being boosted is much more important than your equipment. In the end it's only the fight against you, so it's a small number of points, but yeah, you can try to optimize that of course. Having more monos makes you do more damage and gives you more ego, but not enough to offset the amount of defense. It takes out harmony so you'll crit less. Right now I tend to use three monos but I don't think too much about that.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, JustVisiting said:

Now we're getting down to the meat and veg! By simulator I assume you mean this:

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Take a look at the javascript console (F12 in most browsers). You'll see the turn by turn simulation instead of only the final result. That final result comes from you having 0 crits and your opponent having 1 crit, so you need to think about other options to really optimize. We're all learning the new system, but first you need to understand that report, look at some battles instead of skipping them, look at that simulation, and try to understand what's happening. It takes some weeks to get used to it and in the end there's only so much we can tell you, because there's a lot that depends on your own stats.

And be prepared to use more time on your battles. If that's what you want.

• Like 1