Today's Patches: Why Dilute PoP with Single Green Orbs?

Toys4Twats

Please don't dilute the PoP rewards with 3 single green orbs. This is one of the few areas where heavy players such as myself can accrue somewhat valuable resources for free. This change significantly hampers that ability.

Also, I like the mythic boosters but I am not a fan of losing a legendary booster slot. I suppose that it is minor though since it is battle related and we all have to deal with it. But it does hurt the p2p the users such as myself that enjoy punching above their weight class in PVP more than others. Not sure if that was an intended consequence or not.

Overall I feel like the game is generally progressing very well with most patches, but every once in a while there are patches like today's which take away from the user experience that I think required more thought to the player. I understand Kinkoid wants to make money but the most important thing above all is to make the gameplay as enjoyable as possible.

• Like 7
  • Thinking 3

Just picked up 6 single GPs. Meaning that my ability to level up girls has been severely hampered due to lack of funds. What might have taken days to achieve now looks like will take several weeks, per girl. Super-awkward. Like swimming in treacle rather than water.

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1

I will just say this.

If you're going to nerf and take away things that were given to players for free, that sucks, but fair enough. The temporary PoPs are one thing, because it cost players nothing to use that feature. But it is not fair to have players permanently invest resources in a feature, maybe even spending real money to do so, and then downgrade the rewards months later after they've already spent their money.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

They listened, and then they went and nerfed all the other places of power introducing new "quests" with single item epic gift and xp rewards AND the one legendary Booster nobody uses anyway. Not one Orb is possible as a reward now for me this week.

I swear to god, I've had it. One more change that is to the detrimand of players and I might just book it.

Edited by botc76
  • Like 1

Just now, botc76 said:

Oh bullcrap. It's a complete waste of space for PVP and you don't really need boosters for anything but PVP anyway.

I didn't say it was good or smart to use. I said people used it. 10% ego is helpful to people in pvp, even if it's not as good as ginseng or cordyceps. More impactful in Seasons than Tower, but some people don't compete in tower all the time

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I didn't say it was good or smart to use. I said people used it. 10% ego is helpful to people in pvp, even if it's not as good as ginseng or cordyceps. More impactful in Seasons than Tower, but some people don't compete in tower all the time

Some people are so careless they shoot themselves in the leg while cleaning their guns, it isn't useful, but it still happens.
Still not something to strive for or use as an example.

I mean, you are probably technically right, but only in the way that people do stupid things all the time.
And to be honest here, I've played this game a long time, I concern myself with what is useful to me and other players in a similar position, not what might be useful to someone just starting out.
And from this place, the new changes make the temporary POP next to useless.

30 minutes ago, botc76 said:

And to be honest here, I've played this game a long time, I concern myself with what is useful to me and other players in a similar position, not what might be useful to someone just starting out.

There's plenty of long term players who use them to, and it's optimal for them to do so, because they're trying to increase their score without spending unnecessary kobans to ensure they have the optimal boosters at all times.

Theres also nothing wrong with focusing on what's optimal for you. Just you know, don't speak as if you're speaking for anyone else and say

49 minutes ago, botc76 said:

the one legendary Booster nobody uses anyway.

When you actually mean "the one legendary Booster I don't use". Also if you're using jujubes, I think the other players are much better than you.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There's plenty of long term players who use them to, and it's optimal for them to do so, because they're trying to increase their score without spending unnecessary kobans to ensure they have the optimal boosters at all times.

Theres also nothing wrong with focusing on what's optimal for you. Just you know, don't speak as if you're speaking for anyone else and say

When you actually mean "the one legendary Booster I don't use". Also if you're using jujubes, I think the other players are much better than you.

And you could stop trying to be so facetious for once, or are you actually being paid by kinkoid to behave this way? (I think not)
You ask practically anybody, which boosters to use to place high in pvp, and you'll always get the same answer, Cordyceps and Ginseng roots, with chlorella being an option when you aim for a somewhat lower bracket (16-30), for which I can't think of any good reason to want that, as it just means less rewards. So no, I'm not using jujubes.

Anyway, I would love to see some numbers supporting your claim, about the long time players who are you using chlorella, or are you perhaps just giving me your own slanted opinion?! "Gasp!"

Edited by botc76

1 hour ago, botc76 said:

You ask practically anybody, which boosters to use to place high in pvp, and you'll always get the same answer, Cordyceps and Ginseng roots, with chlorella being an option when you aim for a somewhat lower bracket (16-30), for which I can't think of any good reason to want that, as it just means less rewards.

Uh... no. That's not the meta anymore with the new battle mechanics.

2 hours ago, botc76 said:

And you could stop trying to be so facetious for once, or are you actually being paid by kinkoid to behave this way? (I think not)
You ask practically anybody, which boosters to use to place high in pvp, and you'll always get the same answer, Cordyceps and Ginseng roots, with chlorella being an option when you aim for a somewhat lower bracket (16-30), for which I can't think of any good reason to want that, as it just means less rewards. So no, I'm not using jujubes.

Anyway, I would love to see some numbers supporting your claim, about the long time players who are you using chlorella, or are you perhaps just giving me your own slanted opinion?! "Gasp!"

I don't need to be paid in order to tell someone their point is invalid. Telling someone they're wrong is a pleasure in itself.

I never said it was the booster to be used to be placed highly. I said it was used. Most often it's by people who don't think they'll be able to compete for a top 4 (too hard a league, spending time away so they can't micromanage the league as much as needed ect), but still desire top 15. It's useful

You don't use jujubes, but chlorella is the one booster noone uses? Hmmm, it seems you can't even keep your own story straight. Can't say I'm surprised that someone who tries to talk for everyone is that incompetent.

I've seen plenty of comments by it on discord and the forum, but not much point digging back for them since you'll just invalidate them since they were made before the mythic boosters came out. At present the current booster meta hasn't stabilised, so most people aren't commenting what they're using.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, botc76 said:

with chlorella being an option when you aim for a somewhat lower bracket (16-30), for which I can't think of any good reason to want that, as it just means less rewards.

I use chlorella all the time because I have more of it. I am also in a place where changing between ginseng, cordyceps, or chlorella would not affect my rank bracket in league. So why not save the good ones when I need them?!

• Like 4

On 9/16/2021 at 9:36 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

You don't use jujubes, but chlorella is the one booster noone uses? Hmmm, it seems you can't even keep your own story straight. Can't say I'm surprised that someone who tries to talk for everyone is that incompetent.

If the tone of a forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks, the forum moderator usually has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent heated, interchanges.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:36 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

I don't need to be paid in order to tell someone their point is invalid. Telling someone they're wrong is a pleasure in itself.

I never said it was the booster to be used to be placed highly. I said it was used. Most often it's by people who don't think they'll be able to compete for a top 4 (too hard a league, spending time away so they can't micromanage the league as much as needed ect), but still desire top 15. It's useful

I've seen plenty of comments by it on discord and the forum, but not much point digging back for them since you'll just invalidate them since they were made before the mythic boosters came out. At present the current booster meta hasn't stabilised, so most people aren't commenting what they're using.

Dude, you are a riot. You take what I write and interpret it however you want.
You ever heard the term "figure of speech" or that people tend to exaggerate to make a point?
That's what I was doing, in case you really missed it.

Also, why would I need to "keep my story straight?" What reason would I even have to tell a story? When all I do is make a point about a change I don't like in a game I spend actual money on?

I do not seriously claim to speak for EVERYBODY playing the game, that you go and ride on and on about that, as if you actually think I do is pretty ridiculous in my book, as claiming to speak for thousands and thousands of players would be completely silly without anything to back it up.
And yes Chlorella is not the ONE booster no one uses, Jujubes is also a candidate, but even with this one, I have seen people claim it's the best. That's how it is with these things, not EVERYONE understands the principles of how this stuff works and not EVERYONE has the same opinion.
Again, that you either think I actually claim to be speaking for everybody or at least use it as an argument to devalue my opinion as a whole is so ridiculous that until now I didn't even feel the need to address it seriously, because it would be such an outlandish claim to make, but since it does seem as if people are actually falling for your cheap tactics, I obviously had to change my approach.

I do find it telling, that you concentrate so much on these specific exaggerated expressions I use, instead of the general intention of my post.
It is actually the reason why I think you are being facetious, that what you are trying to do is nothing but an attempt at diverting attention from my actual point, that these changes are bad, that they go to the detriment of the players and that they are yet another factor robbing me of the joy I once got from playing this game. You think my post was about how I speak for every player or that Chlorella is the one booster nobody uses? You think those were the main issues I wanted to address?
Or were you perhaps just intentionally splitting hairs, so that you could try to rip me and my opinion apart, without really addressing what was obviously my main issue, that these changes were negative changes for players?

In addition, you have by now several times questioned my intelligence specifically and even called me incompetent. I wonder why you feel the need to repeatedly personally insult me, when you seem to think you have so much over me argumentation wise. Not to even mention how inappropriate it is for a mod in a forum to go about and insult members.
I might not post a lot here, but I read enough to know that this is your typical modus operandi, so perhaps try a new stick once in a while.

• Like 2