Blessing x Dominations - Team Selection

JustVisiting

I'm going to preface this post by saying that I'm not convinced that anyone will have the *right* answer at this stage, but I felt it would be interesting to have a conversation and share some thoughts on how to balance Blessings against Dominations.

Next week's Blessings on both Nutaku and HH servers raise some interesting dynamics.

I'm going to look at Nutaku first, because that's the server I play on. The Blessings are Dominatrix and Legendary:

image.thumb.png.1e5bd20af77a8190efb4c32a53aba847.png

So it's possible to create a very strong Dominatrix team for offense. Top 7 as listed above.

But then there's defense to think about.

Do you go Rainbow - Avaritia, Hazel, Stacy, Eliana, Iba'lee, Beatrix, Madeline? Very strong team, but you are sacrificing quite a lot of stats to avoid selecting Dominatrix as your Domination. Is the stat sacrafice worth it to prevent the +20% crit chance for your opponents? (My guess on this one - given the importance of crits - is yes)

Another option is to leave it as Top 7 Dominatrix. Stronger stats with the knowledge that a Voyeur dominant team is going to be more challenging to put together so many of your opponents won't be able to exploit Dominatrix anyway (it's actually pretty tough to make a Voyeur dominant team - there are only 4 5* Legendary girls and you'd have to have at least 3 available).

Alternatively you could go Voyeur (if you have the girls available), knowing that it has dominance over Dominatrix and that a lot of players attacking are going to go in with a Dominatrix team? Does the counter bonus even work on defense? You're going to have to drop fairly far outside of the Top 7 to get a Voyeur dominance. So Avarita, Hazel, Stacy, Eliana, Venus, Bianca, Darla. And if you go Voyeur on defense, to counter Dominatrix on offense, you are opening yourself up to being dominated by Submissive, but again it's tough to put together a Submissive dominant team with only 3 available (Lapis, Layla, Fanny & Fione) and there's a significant drop off in stats to do so. How many of your opponents are actually going to be able to construct this team? (this last question will depend largely on the league your playing in.

And then we can actually circle back to offense - if you catch players with their Dominatrix team, is it going to be worth taking the drop in stats to go Voyeur to gain the +20% crits?

There are a lot of possible approaches here. Personally, I don't think I have enough of the girls available to really play with the options (I'd have to drop way too far down to construct a Voyeur team as an alternative, the penalty for not using the best team is likely too high to be made up even by the +20% crit bonus).

-------------------------------------------------

Looking at HH very similiar Blessing combinations (!!) have come up - Legendary and Voyeur:

image.thumb.png.7594328466c7a1b330311aee0830236f.png

Again Offense is easy - Top 7.

Defense we can go Rainbow - Venus, Bianca, Avaritia, Hazel, Stacy, Eliana, Iba'lee.

Again the alternative would be to leave the Top 7 with a Voyeur dominance, with the knowledge that any opponent is going to have to have all 3 of the Submissive Legendary 5*s to be able to create a decent Submissive team to dominate you. And if someone does go to the Submissive team, it's straight forward to pick a far stronger Dominatrix team. So whenever they switch in their Submissive team, they're opening the door to other players using this like a booster drop and picking them off with a Dominatrix team. Which you would then give you a similar window of opportunity against those who are picking off the Submissive teams that are trying to pick of your Voyeur team...... Complicated

----------------------------------------------------

Anyone comfortable asserting the best strategy here? I'm certainly not.

• Like 2

We'll see, but base stats over 40 are brutal. I think I've only seen those in abundance when mythic was a blessing, and the stats went over the roof.
My guess is that using the top stats girls is going to be the best option.

By the way, on defense: you don't care about what most opponents get against you, only your direct opponents. You should think "what do my direct opponents have?". If a player that's going to end lower or higher than me no matter what gets more point against me, well, I couldn't care less about that. And even then, it's a small number of points.

I know I'll make some simulations when the blessings change :D.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 2

I agree with Kenrae on this one. Top girls are probably the best option despite them not giving you the "Balanced" team. Their numbers are just too big to ignore.

But maybe this will not be an issue for long. If the rumors are true and the styles will be used instead of Elements then such situations will no arise again cause only the third of girls with the same Element will be blessed. After all, the BDSM system is not fully implemented yet.

• Like 2