For All Performance Battles Contest Rewards are shown at the start and you know you won already before it even begins

Beatum Studeo

The rewards for the contests are shown right when the performance begins and you know if you won or not already so it spoils the whole fun of it. I like them and don't want them removed but it is an issue when displaying them right at the start of the performances. So ideally they would show after the performance; perhaps during or after the results screen? This is not a developer bug but for a UAT/UX it defeats the point of watching the performance. If I think it will be a good close fight, I would like to watch it without the contest reward notifications spoiling the outcome before it even starts. Other than that, great game. I am enjoying it a lot. Thanks!

Edited by Beatum Studeo
  • Like 2

• Beatum Studeo changed the title to For All Performance Battles Contest Rewards are shown at the start and you know you won already before it even begins

It's just that, as far as I understand, the results of the battle are calculated immediately so that if the connection is broken, you do not lose the results of the battle, and, accordingly, the points received are shown immediately after receiving. Enabling delay can lead to additional load on the device and the server, as well as to the appearance of additional bugs. At the same time, such "spoilers" are completely harmless and the question arises - is it worth the risk at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master-17 said:

It's just that, as far as I understand, the results of the battle are calculated immediately so that if the connection is broken, you do not lose the results of the battle, and, accordingly, the points received are shown immediately after receiving. Enabling delay can lead to additional load on the device and the server, as well as to the appearance of additional bugs. At the same time, such "spoilers" are completely harmless and the question arises - is it worth the risk at all?

The delay would be on the client side, it doesn't increase the load in the server, it's just showing it later.

That doesn't mean it's worth the risk, I'm sure KK would introduce new bugs in their javascript code...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2022 at 11:46 PM, Kenrae said:

The delay would be on the client side, it doesn't increase the load in the server, it's just showing it later.

For the delay to be on the client side, it must be a client application. The browser processes the information sent from the server. Thus, for this plate to appear with a certain delay, it must be written in the code sent from the server.

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:16 PM, Master-17 said:

For the delay to be on the client side, it must be a client application. The browser processes the information sent from the server. Thus, for this plate to appear with a certain delay, it must be written in the code sent from the server.

Let me guess. You're not a programmer, right? xD

• Haha 2

The main problem that would most likely lead to more bugs its right now I think the code is used everywhere(market,pachinko,Harem, etc) anywhere it tracks an contest items. So the code would need to be somewhat universal to work with them all. if you need to make it do something different for only a part of it then it would need to be broken out and would need to be managed as a separate piece of code. So for example tracking wins and xp, wins would be league exclusive but xp would not be, leading to more version of the code to have issues with each other. The simpler it is the less likely there with be problems.

• Like 1

@Beatum Studeo

This is it for the moment. Just wait to do 10 Pantheon + 15 League + 10 Season + 20 Troll + 10 Club + 10 Champion battles each fraction of time. You'll surely want to go lightspeed after  a while and get the results ASAP.

As the game is mostly idle and passive, and you don't have any way to influence the outcome out of metagaming, you can simply do an overall math in advance - technically you already know the outcome even *before* the engine notify it. So you have a spoiler even earlier.