Why big game update close to end of event?

Honza

The update should be over before the end of MD (Hopefully. I'm still at 92% myself :D ).

Although, we should always keep in mind that updates always happen on Wednesday. And then events are also planned on a monthly basis (e.g. Classic event from 1st to 10th, MD from 3rd to 6th, ...), so they are very predictable. Sometimes the 6th of the month is a Wednesday and we have to be careful, but it's not really a surprise.

There's been a lot of complaints about the timing of updates in the past, and nothing really changed (I think there has been one update delayed by one day to avoid a significant conflict with ongoing events... but it was a major update; not a simple maintenance patch).

The update is already over (has been for half an hour now) and was properly announced in advance.

And no, they can't and definitely shouldn't patch the game AFTER the daily reset. It's much safer to do it before.

Last but not least, this event has been the least successful MD ever. There are over 100k shards left for Mythic Titania. So BOOH-HOO HOO me a river.

Good day.