Boss Bang Strategy for Low-Level Player

DvDivXXX

7 hours ago, Mongooo said:

Start level 280, booster: 1x ginseng, 2x chlorella

Team 1: all girls level 450, 2x blue, 2x red, 3x brown, 3x Legendary 5*, 3x common 5*, 1x common 3*

Team 2: all girls level 450, 2x blue, 1x black, 1x white, 2x yellow, 1x red, 2x Legendary 5*, 5x common 5*

Team 3-5: all girls level 400, mostly 3x brown + strongest girls

Hindsight is 20/20 ofc, but looking at this, and the unsuccessful run you had this way, and you ended up paying 1.8k kobans to complete the event, I'd suggest this as a more viable option you could have gone with (and more importantly, you could aim for next month):

2 ginseng, 1 cordyceps or even 3 ginsengs. Lose the chlorellas, they're no good. (You didn't mention equipment, but full Rainbow legendary is advised).

Team Everything: all girls level 450, 4x Blue, 1x Dark, 2x Red.

I can't be more specific with the layout you've shown above, but basically you want as many of your strongest Blue girls as possible in one team. Then Dark and Red, and then Orange or Green if you have to (but seeing your list, you already don't.) Regardless of any other consideration (I don't know which girl is a 5* leg in your list etc.), the team above would have had twice the LifeSteal as either Team 1 or Team 2 that you've used. At player level 280, you likely have very little of the 10% permanent passive LifeSteal bonus from your Harem. Each Blue girl in your team adds +3% LifeSteal as an active bonus. So, both your Teams 1 & 2 above only had 6% LifeSteal (or maybe a bit more, say up to 8% if you own 20 Blue girls total). The Team I suggest above would have had at least 12% LifeSteal, which is still a bit short, but much more significant to survive in BB. Dark and Red girls add to your Attack and Crit Damage respectively, both of which increases your Lifesteal efficiency when you hit. With 2 or 3 gin boosters and a full set of Rainbow equipment, you should have a high enough Harmony that you'll crit frequently enough to benefit from the Lifesteal regularly in each fight without needing Orange ("brown") girls' Crit Chance bonus. Such a setup also gives you more balanced stats in general than using chlorellas to boost your HP, and if there's one stat you benefit from boosting a bit more than the others, it's Attack (which ginsengs do slightly on top of a bit of everything, and just one cordy along with them enhances a lot) instead of HP. Among other reasons, the LifeSteal from Blue heals you based on a % of the damage you do, not a % of your total HP (and it doesn't "overheal" you, it only kicks in starting with your second turn, once you've taken damage). So a higher Attack (mostly gins, one cordy, some Dark or Red girls) makes your team more durable than a higher total HP (chlorellas and Green girls).

Anyways, just food for thought (bit off topic but this event has been over for days now and I'm just replying to your post; I could split this into a new QA thread if you'd like to discuss it further though). Hope this helps. Good luck for the next one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@DvDivXXX Thanks for your advices. Yes, it might be a good idea to split it into a Q&A thread. We both know where we ended the last time . Compared to my first Bossa Bang (21 potions) and second one (31 potions), this was still a success for me. :)

My equipment was full legendary rainbow. I forgot to mention it.

Boosters were set because I had many chlorellas and wanted some extra wins in leagues to get the girl. The other players in my league were not too hard to fight and I forgot that I could need the boosters for Boss Bang. My bad. In stock: 35x ginseng, 7x jujuben (I know they are not worth it), 50x chlorella, 6x cordyceps (only way to get them is the pachinko and I mostly use GP1x & GP10x orbs while contests are running. I often forget to check the thread where you post the available girls in mythic pachinko, looking for a 5* girl. ^^).

I was not sure if 3x/4x blue would be a good idea on my level because Donnatella was yellow and counters blue girls. So I tried to team up three orange girls to counter Donnatella and get the 10% Damage & Ego boost (like you said: more damage = more heal).

I know most of the shown builds in this and the last threads are like the team in your advice but most of them were from people who are somewhere around level 380 or even above level 400. Therefore I was not sure if I could use that team with blue being countered by yellow.

My 5* girls are:

Legendary:

- 2x blue

- 1x white

- 1x black/grey/dark (not sure what the official color is)

- 1x orange (my fault, I thought it is brown)

- After Boss Bang and League ended, I got 2 yellow girls (still not upgraded)

Common:

- 3x blue

- 3x red

- 1x dark

- 1x orange

- 2x white

- 1x green (+1 girl I got last week but still not upgraded)

- 2x yellow

I usually upgrade my girls if there is a contest (level up and awaken) or in PoA (spending money), but I think I should focus in the next PoA more on the stats I can buy in the market instead of the two yellow girls.

• Like 1

Thanks, done. I end up being the OP of this new thread as removing your post from the Boss Bang thread didn't feel right, and I quote a big part of it in my previous post. So, if you'd like me to change the title, just ask. I just went for something clear and simple.

About colors, you're not the first to see this shade of orange as brown (I think it depends on one's own eye sight, graphics hardware and screen quality). As for Dark, it's just a fair compromise since Kinkoid kind of screwed up with that one: the gems are black, but the element symbol is grey. ^^ Not that it's an official terminology or anything, I just prefer referring to these by color than by all the long and far less intuitive names they put in game (or the scrapped first batch that's still in the game code somehow, where Dark was "Stone", Red was "Fire" etc. ^^).

The counter-color bonus to the Boss by using a Blue-tagged team this time around for was a legitimate concern for lower level players indeed (even some mid to fairly high levels were initially worried it would be an issue). I can confirm a few of my low-level clubmates have had success with the Blue strat even with the counter. +10% to the Boss' HP is meaningless, especially when you have a lot of Lifesteal, you're not in a rush to win fast, you want to hit her multiple times to fully heal or at least end the fight as close as possible to max HP. +10% to her Attack is a bit more difficult, but since she starts at your own level and only ever gets 100 "hero levels" higher than you, all the while effectively fighting your team of 7 girls with just the 1 girl (herself)... She should never get such high attack values that she can one-shot you before you can heal it back.

Your pool sounds promising for BB. And I know you've been doing better from month to month already, I'm just trying to guide you to maximize your chances of winning the next one without having to spend kobans to resurrect your team.

Next month, no matter what color the Boss is (very unlikely she'll be Yellow again anyway) and regardless of Blessings, I'd strongly advise trying something like this:

On 4/20/2022 at 2:48 AM, Mongooo said:

5* girls. Legendary:

- 2x blue

- 1x dark

Common:

- 3x blue

- 1x red

Unless you get stronger Blue girls up to your max level by then.

• Thanks 1

If I can add my humble suggestion: wait the last day. In the meanwhile many stuff can happen, like a change in blessings, you drop gems/books to max out a crucial girl, you can level up for good and drop new relevant items + spending on stats. The boss have a fixed grow rate decided at sorting, in the meanwhile you can go beyond such math with your boosting.

Just 1000 attack points more can turn the odds, as you deal more damage she does and you regen lost ego, having a team last for way more steps.

You can use two cordyceps + one ginseng just the last day, and play the League with whatever you like (to notice that this setup *can* work in the league too: the early you defeat the opponents, the less Ego they deplete to you...).

As there's no advantages into rushing, and you need all the possible help, this small strategy can be usefull too along others.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks, done. I end up being the OP of this new thread as removing your post from the Boss Bang thread didn't feel right, and I quote a big part of it in my previous post. So, if you'd like me to change the title, just ask. I just went for something clear and simple.

That's fine with me.

About colors, you're not the first to see this shade of orange as brown (I think it depends on one's own eye sight, graphics hardware and screen quality). As for Dark, it's just a fair compromise since Kinkoid kind of screwed up with that one: the gems are black, but the element symbol is grey. ^^ Not that it's an official terminology or anything, I just prefer referring to these by color than by all the long and far less intuitive names they put in game (or the scrapped first batch that's still in the game code somehow, where Dark was "Stone", Red was "Fire" etc. ^^).

Good to know, I am not the only one who mess up with the colors. Yes, I needed some time to remember those names of the elements and I also prefer naming them by their color. "Stone"? "Fire"? Sounds like Kinkoid were about to create a different game. ^^

The counter-color bonus to the Boss by using a Blue-tagged team this time around for was a legitimate concern for lower level players indeed (even some mid to fairly high levels were initially worried it would be an issue). I can confirm a few of my low-level clubmates have had success with the Blue strat even with the counter. +10% to the Boss' HP is meaningless, especially when you have a lot of Lifesteal, you're not in a rush to win fast, you want to hit her multiple times to fully heal or at least end the fight as close as possible to max HP. +10% to her Attack is a bit more difficult, but since she starts at your own level and only ever gets 100 "hero levels" higher than you, all the while effectively fighting your team of 7 girls with just the 1 girl (herself)... She should never get such high attack values that she can one-shot you before you can heal it back.

I was worried more about the 10% additional damage. Did your clubmates beat Donnatella without spending Kobans? I doubt I could have done it with your strategy completely without Kobans but I maybe I could have saved 600 or even 1200 Kobans.

Your pool sounds promising for BB. And I know you've been doing better from month to month already, I'm just trying to guide you to maximize your chances of winning the next one without having to spend kobans to resurrect your team.

Next month, no matter what color the Boss is (very unlikely she'll be Yellow again anyway) and regardless of Blessings, I'd strongly advise trying something like this:

Unless you get stronger Blue girls up to your max level by then.

Thanks, I will do it your way. I really appreciate your help.

10 hours ago, lepidocter said:

If I can add my humble suggestion: wait the last day. In the meanwhile many stuff can happen, like a change in blessings, you drop gems/books to max out a crucial girl, you can level up for good and drop new relevant items + spending on stats. The boss have a fixed grow rate decided at sorting, in the meanwhile you can go beyond such math with your boosting.

Just 1000 attack points more can turn the odds, as you deal more damage she does and you regen lost ego, having a team last for way more steps.

You can use two cordyceps + one ginseng just the last day, and play the League with whatever you like (to notice that this setup *can* work in the league too: the early you defeat the opponents, the less Ego they deplete to you...).

As there's no advantages into rushing, and you need all the possible help, this small strategy can be usefull too along others.

Thanks for your hint. I already waited for the last day. I nearly forgot to do Boss Bang. xD But yes, you are right, waiting is a good point. I can level up 2-3 levels (or more if I spam the XP from PoV, but I will not do it. They are for contests ^^) while Bossa Bang is running which helps a bit.

Unless I spam all my MyP orbs, I just have cordycepts for the next three Boss Bangs. I will go two ginseng and one cordycept but I know what you mean how it works in League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mongooo said:

"Stone"? "Fire"? Sounds like Kinkoid were about to create a different game. ^^

Yeah or from a different (type of) game(s) rather. ^^ Rosso pretty much picked up the elements from classic RPGs, and the prevalent genre for that is old-school medieval fantasy, so you get stuff like "Nature", "Darkness" or "Light" that feel right at home in WoW or PoE but not at all in HH (this is also where stuff like "Potion of this" and "Potion of that" must come; it's so common in RPGs that it's a cliché, but it really doesn't fit the Haremverse lore very well). I think they originally used these as placeholders until they came up with the current official list.

But these are way too long to memorize and they also lack any automatic association with their respective colors (I mean in games where they use stuff like "Nature" it's not hard to pick up it's Green, or that "Fire" is Red, "Water/Ice/Frost" is Blue etc.). Here, what's eccentric about the color red? What's sensual about the color blue? Why would white be submissive and dark dominant (okay, these two make some sense, in a light vs darkness theme ^^). So yeah, plain colors are nicer and simpler imho (as long as we don't mix them up).

8 hours ago, Mongooo said:

I was worried more about the 10% additional damage. Did your clubmates beat Donnatella without spending Kobans? I doubt I could have done it with your strategy completely without Kobans but I maybe I could have saved 600 or even 1200 Kobans.

I can't guarantee you that, and some of them are a bit higher than you in player level (but not necessarily in girl level; 450 is pretty strong for a hero below 300). But I'm almost certain two of them beat her without refills, going the Lifesteal route as I advised them to.

Glad I could help. Don't hesitate to ask further questions here if in doubt. Looking forward to your hopefully easier win in next month's BB. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, DvDivXXX said:

5* girls. Legendary:

- 2x blue

- 1x dark

Common:

- 3x blue

- 1x red

Thanks for the Q&A guide. It helped me win my first Bang Girl today.

One thing I would like to note in comparison to your advise above.

I tried following the heavy Legendary/5* method focus and it didn't quite work out for me.

When I just set my filters for anyone with the Color I wanted I found other girls were higher than  my 5* Legendary due to Blessings. So that would be something to keep in mind when sorting.

In the end, what I came up with was similar to what you suggested but it made it much easier to see what I had to work with by focusing on color alone.

General ranked from highest to lowest

3 Rare 5*

2 Legendary 5*

1 Legendary 3*

1 Legendary 5*

All level 450

• Thanks 1