Does Girl Upgrade Cost Increase Forever With Harem Size, Or is It Fixed per Girl?

HexagonBen

I've read in several places that the best strategy is to avoid getting weak girls so it'll be less expensive to upgrade strong girls when you get them, because girls cost more to upgrade the larger your harem gets. But I also read in one place that upgrade costs no longer work like that and all girls have a fixed upgrade cost now as of 2018.

Can anybody confirm for me that all girls have a fixed upgrade cost and I don't have to fear "polluting" my harem with 1 and 3 star common girls?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

@HexagonBen Upgrade cost depends on the type of girl you are upgrading, not harem size. Rare girl is more expensive than common, epic more expensive than rare, legendary more expansion than epic, ... Higher the star higher the cost too. Upgrading a 3-star girl costs the same as upgrading a 5-star girl to only 3 stars.

• Like 3

Girl upgrade costs depend on rarity.  The higher the rarity the more expensive.  1-star common girls are actually absolutely necessary, to help unlock level 750 quicker & cheaper.  They require less affection, less GXP, and most importantly, less gems.  You don't have to upgrade every girl.  You can choose to leave the 1-stars w/o affection, and still get them to level 700, to unlock 750.  They're so cheap, that I maxed them to 1-star anyway.

2 hours ago, HexagonBen said:

Can anybody confirm for me that all girls have a fixed upgrade cost and I don't have to fear "polluting" my harem with 1 and 3 star common girls?

Yes, I can confirm that "polluting the harem" isn't an issue to worry about.  The more girls the better.  It increases your endurance bonus, which affects your Ego (HP).  I have 744 girls, so if my harem level is 252k, then my avg level per girl is just 339.  Despite that, I've unlocked level 750.

2022-08-28_3-21-30.png.ce53e2d77a6e027fac2ba6af836b550d.png

It also increases every elemental passive, depending on the element of each girl.  Which becomes maxed, once you have 100 girls of each element.  You can see, that my dom and exhibitionist passives are maxed, b/c I have at least 100 of those girls.  I'm lacking eccentric girls the most.  I need 21 more eccentric girls to max the passive.

2022-08-28_3-21-53.thumb.png.5e715c28877eab6e48d8508780d3ccdf.png

These are the "fixed affection costs" from the wiki:

2022-08-28_2-48-23.thumb.png.e6b1ab1410cbbec0183886ee5c2918cf.png

I use this table to help calculate how much GXP a girl needs:

gxp.png.d2734753f5de6cb98770095bd231efb8.png

I use this one to know how many gems are needed to awaken a certain level:

gems.png.1328bf6177ab261ac5ca344ff5ea1b48.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4

Il y a 2 heures, HexagonBen a dit :

I've read in several places that the best strategy is to avoid getting weak girls so it'll be less expensive to upgrade strong girls when you get them, because girls cost more to upgrade the larger your harem gets.

I think this is a misunderstanding. The cost is fix (As stated above). However, the problem is that you won't have enough resources to upgrade all girls. So you'll have to choose some girls to upgrade, and some girls to ignore. In this case, it's better to focus on strong girls first (5* and above), and to include cheap girls (Common/Rare). The ones to skip, if you don't have enough resources, are Legendary 3* (L3), because they're both really expensive and really weak.

Of course, this doesn't mean you should ignore all L3 girls; but try not to waste too many resources on them. You might need these resources for more important girls.

All your answers are great. Just for context, it used to be as the OP heard it. A long long time ago, in a far away galaxy. The more girls you had, the more expensive the next one you grabbed would be to upgrade slash level up. There are even ancient threads somewhere in the forum's limbo that discussed various strategies to deliberately avoid claiming map girls to make your first legendary cheaper and so on.

Thankfully, that's only a faint memory for veterans and nothing more these days. It's been changed years ago indeed.

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies guys. These are some great answers.

Here's an example of one of the old threads that had me confused: 

Notice the 6th post down by MarcusV which recommends starting an account over to avoid getting weak optional girls so you don't have to spend as much to upgrade strong ones later on.

• Like 1