Club Contributions

Labradorite

Both good trivia questions. I have an answer for neither, but what's certain is that because of this merge it's impossible to tell who spent thousands of kobans building the club from the ground up from who just likes to fight the CC a lot. That never made sense to me.

Approximately (not sure where the rounding occurs exactly): round(sqrt(participants) * 0.6) + max(1, round(%dmg))

So if there are 36 participants in the club, you get round(3.6) = 4 for all club members, and each participant gets extra shards based on their individual contribution: at least 1 shard for 1 ticket, 2 shards for 1.5% damage, and one more shard for each additional %

I'm reasonably sure they were both talking about the little piggy banks, not the shards or anything to do with the CC itself. Just the stuff that used to represent investment in the club's construction and development and now shows that but completely mixed in with whoever hits the CC the hardest and the most consistently.

• Like 2

@Labradorite

You collect Contribution points *exactly* when your own report screen is shown, for a single or multiple fights. You get ymen and contribution points that moment.

You can also see CP listed as the reward (right bottom corner) for the fight, so you collect them just after solving those fights.

Nowhere else in space or time.

This, and when you upgrade the club. No other point for no other action.

You'll notice that those points serve no purpose *at all*, anyway.

@OmerB

If my discalculia didn't hit me this time, it look you collect 1 point + 1 point for each 20.000 damages you do to the champion.

I dunno if 20.000 is a fixed sum or a percentage of the boss life... as I don't own another boss to compare with right now.

If you wanna try, mark down your total damage so far, attack once, mark down collected Contribution, make the difference between new and old damage to know how much damage you dealt this time, and divide by the collected contribution. It should be around 20.000.

Tell me so and maybe we found the formula.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

So the answer to my question is no.  No contribution points for resetting Club Champion.

I didn't need the long version of how contributions are received, but thanx anyway.

As for them serving no purpose, that is correct with respect to gameplay, however if your club requests that you achieve a weekly contribution quota then it does serve a purpose.  It shows that you are an active contributing member.

Omar, no disrespect, but there was no need of hijacking my question.  Pretty sure I have read the scoring formula for hitting club champion in numerous places here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lepidocter said:

If my discalculia didn't hit me this time, it look you collect 1 point + 1 point for each 20.000 damages you do to the champion.

I dunno if 20.000 is a fixed sum or a percentage of the boss life... as I don't own another boss to compare with right now.

If you wanna try, mark down your total damage so far, attack once, mark down collected Contribution, make the difference between new and old damage to know how much damage you dealt this time, and divide by the collected contribution. It should be around 20.000.

I get a contribution point for about 10,000 damage at the champion in CxH (which has lower HP), so I'm guessing that it has to do with the percentage of his total Hp.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Labradorite said:

As for them serving no purpose, that is correct with respect to gameplay, however if your club requests that you achieve a weekly contribution quota then it does serve a purpose.  It shows that you are an active contributing member.

Sounds to me like you are in a rather shitty club. There are much simpler and more efficient ways to implement rules regarding CC participation in a club than using this terribly vague and useless unit. What shows you're an active member is being active. A rule based on how many piggy banks you accumulate could be followed without actually helping the club at all.

The most helpful things each member can do for the club until it is fully upgraded is spend kobans on upgrades, which isn't correctly shown by piggy banks (since there's no way to tell whether they spent kobans on upgrades or just fought the CC a bunch). And once a club is fully upgraded, the most helpful things each member can do for the club are not shown by how many piggy banks they accumulate either (including but not limited to: using at least 1 ticket in every CC run to boost the number of participants for the global shard bonus, not killing the CC on Wednesday during the CbC Day 3 contest, following some intelligent club rule to ensure everyone gets a shot for each run, resetting the CC every now and then especially when they're the one ending the previous run, etc.).

"Accumulate X piggy banks per week" sounds like a really lazy and useless criterion to build rules around for a club.

Anyhow, yes, you have your answer. If your club is already maxed out, then you can satisfy your club's leadership weird demands only by fighting the CC until you've stacked enough piggy banks to make them happy. If your club is not yet maxed out, then you could make much bigger efforts and spend kobans on upgrades, but no one will be the wiser as to who bought these upgrades to help the club and who just made a bunch of CC fights for their own benefit.

Either way, the freebie piece of advice from yours truly here would be to run like hell and find a club with better leadership.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sounds to me like you are in a rather shitty club. There are much simpler and more efficient ways to implement rules regarding CC participation in a club than using this terribly vague and useless unit. What shows you're an active member is being active. A rule based on how many piggy banks you accumulate could be followed without actually helping the club at all.

The most helpful things each member can do for the club until it is fully upgraded is spend kobans on upgrades, which isn't correctly shown by piggy banks (since there's no way to tell whether they spent kobans on upgrades or just fought the CC a bunch). And once a club is fully upgraded, the most helpful things each member can do for the club are not shown by how many piggy banks they accumulate either (including but not limited to: using at least 1 ticket in every CC run to boost the number of participants for the global shard bonus, not killing the CC on Wednesday during the CbC Day 3 contest, following some intelligent club rule to ensure everyone gets a shot for each run, resetting the CC every now and then especially when they're the one ending the previous run, etc.).

"Accumulate X piggy banks per week" sounds like a really lazy and useless criterion to build rules around for a club.

Anyhow, yes, you have your answer. If your club is already maxed out, then you can satisfy your club's leadership weird demands only by fighting the CC until you've stacked enough piggy banks to make them happy. If your club is not yet maxed out, then you could make much bigger efforts and spend kobans on upgrades, but no one will be the wiser as to who bought these upgrades to help the club and who just made a bunch of CC fights for their own benefit.

Either way, the freebie piece of advice from yours truly here would be to run like hell and find a club with better leadership.

I agree that it isn't the best way to gauge it.  I guess it's setting goals and hoping players spend kobans to upgrade the club.  If I can't make the cut hitting the CC then so be it, being a ftp I am not going to invest real$ to stay as a member.  I don't mind putting some I have earned in occasionally.  One of the best leaders I have seen suggested that we upgrade POPs first rather than putting our kobans into the club.  Anyway, thanx for the input.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

(since there's no way to tell whether they spent kobans on upgrades or just fought the CC a bunch)...

If your club is not yet maxed out, then you could make much bigger efforts and spend kobans on upgrades, but no one will be the wiser as to who bought these upgrades to help the club and who just made a bunch of CC fights for their own benefit.

Just a note, it's quite easy to see who contributed via upgrading vs fighting the CC, as the upgrades are always multiplications of 60.

Also, a new player will have a hard time to get high contribution vs the club champion (as it will get very low damage), so the quickest way for a rather new player to contribute will be by upgrading the club (and yes, doing at least 1 fight at the CC in each run, we agree on this one).

@Labradorite If not for my contribution to this thread, it was just your 'yes or no' question, which you could've easily check and answer yourself, by just doing one restart of the club champion fight, and check if had increased your contributions. As DvDivXXX had written, this is a Forum, it is meant for discussions, and that's what we're doing, as long as they're related to the thread's topic.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

Just a note, it's quite easy to see who contributed via upgrading vs fighting the CC, as the upgrades are always multiplications of 60.

Also, a new player will have a hard time to get high contribution vs the club champion (as it will get very low damage), so the quickest way for a rather new player to contribute will be by upgrading the club (and yes, doing at least 1 fight at the CC in each run, we agree on this one).

@Labradorite If not for my contribution to this thread, it was just your 'yes or no' question, which you could've easily check and answer yourself, by just doing one restart of the club champion fight, and check if had increased your contributions. As DvDivXXX had written, this is a Forum, it is meant for discussions, and that's what we're doing, as long as they're related to the thread's topic.

I would have done it myself, but I was trying to wait till it was cheaper.  (Budgeting koban usage.) Thanx for the input.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OmerB said:

Quite easy, huh? :D Ah, Omer, you're so adorable. Are you talking about actively monitoring this useless indicator day in day out and counting how many piggy banks each member gained, and how many multiples of 60 are in there? Because that's not only just as much if not more work than checking any of the useful, non-misleading indicators instead, but also completely moot. Everyone's piggy bank total includes all of their club upgrades (if any) AND all of their CC fights ever (since they joined the club).

For instance, tell me what you see quite easily here:
image.png

These are the two top useless piggy bank owners in my club. As you can see, I'm #1 by a comfortable margin. Ahead of Hockrick, the club founder and leader. How will dividing by 60 help you figure out that all of my piggy banks come from CC fights only (the club was maxed out long before I joined it), exactly? Or that a large part of Hock's piggy banks come from actually building and growing the club itself? ^^

Useless is useless. Dividing useless by 60 is like dividing anything by zero.

Apart from that, I agree with your post. This was a more interesting interaction and discussion with our exchanges than if someone had just answered Labrador's question in a one-liner and done with it. (That said, it's still important that he got his answer, even if I'm glad we had this larger talk on related topics). ❤️ 

• Like 2