Club Champion Leveling

Methos2

I don't think anything counts as a loss vs the CC. The club either finishes the run (win) or the run is left unfinished, in which case I think it's just not counted. Not 100% sure, but in any case even if that works it would only be possible once a month, so I don't foresee this or anything else really stopping the CC from taking levels overtime.

Maybe Ken or someone else will remember more on this topic. But even if it worked, wouldn't it require the club to purposely limit itself to 9 runs a month, so that the CC stays at the same level? It doesn't sound worth it to me.

In any case, I'm still unclear on what makes a CC grow up in Tiers on top of Levels, or which is significant in terms of their effective power level (perhaps a combination of the two). Our Ezekiel is Level 279, Tier 7 right now. It doesn't seem that long ago that he was at Tier 2 or 3 and maybe 50 levels lower or something. I haven't noticed a real difference in how hard he is for us to kill (of course I rose in power level myself since then, but I mean even those of my club mates who are still in the mid-game still seem to hit him hard enough).

Basically, I'm wondering why you're wondering about that. ^^

• Like 1

Our club have never had a lot of heavy hitters. We could do no more than 9 matches a month with Chad and Ezekiel. So, forcing a loss at the end of month helped preventing the champ from leveling up. I noticed that the champ had been leveling up for a few months now. First, I thought I miscounted the number of matches because I didn't pay much attention to CC when I had no girl available. Now, I don't think I miscounted that many months in a row. Our club has also grown a bit. We can do 10 or 11 matches with Chad and Ezekiel. But if we let the champ to keep leveling up, this will make it worse for lower level members and drive down participation. If there is no way to stop the champion from leveling up, then we just fight as hard as we can and deal with the consequences.

• Like 1

I get you, thanks for elaborating.

Well, the really early-game accounts I just recommend them to contribute the one ticket per run (which is important, not just for them) and let the heavy lifting for those who can pull it off. I remember a new recruit once who really wanted to give us the extra help and spent over 30 tickets, but unfortunately that wasn't enough damage to even earn them one extra shard compared to just the default for participation. And such players often need those tickets for their regular champs still (and tend to accumulate them slower than us late-gamers).

A typical run for us will have 20-25 participants but the bulk of the damage done by 1/4th of them. The participation bonus really helps everyone, but beyond that one ticket of mine is both more disposable and more impactful than a ticket from a low-level club mate. As long as we have the bonus for 20+ participants for the extra shard and a handful of us hitting hard enough to finish a run in a day or two, we're good. Since there's no bonus for 30+ and the next one is for exactly 40 participants (which I doubt even the most active clubs manage to get very often), hitting the participation boost every run hasn't been an issue so far. As for damage, we're more motivated at times (say, on CbC Day 3 when we have a recent CC girl available ^^) but even during the sad months of "congrats, you've beaten the mighty Club Champion again! here's one cheap flower bunch", we carry on for the team (and out of habit). Sometimes the motivation can be pretty specific: for instance one of our club mates was missing just a few shards for a previous girl before Chad moved away, so we pushed a final run before the switch to help him out (he got her, barely, but worth it). Hmm okay, I now realize even this somewhat low-key level of cooperation can only happen in a club with consistent and clear leadership and a minimum of communication, which isn't necessarily the norm. So this might feel simpler to me because things go smoothly in my club.

In any case, I haven't read the word "quota" for what feels like an eternity, and it's really good for my nerves. :ph34r:🚬

Best of luck for your CC raids in your own club, man.

• Like 1

Can the Club champion level down?

I recruited some new players to my old club (much older than my time on this game, it was inherited to me), and the club champions are very strong, too strong for most of the club members. So I'm wondering if the club champion level can get down,,,

20 minutes ago, OmerB said:

Can the Club champion level down?

The champion level is your club level average / 2 + 10 x champion tier or something like that.  So when your club average level goes down (getting more lower level members than higher), the champion level does go down but that change is usually small. Each champion tier adds 10 levels. That's why I'd like to limit this growth.

• Like 2