My email got hijacked, anyway I can link my account to a different email address?

I have tried to change my email they told me we do not change emails.

So once i finish changing my email with everyone else they will loose the ability to contact me as the email they have will no longer exist I told them that but it didn't seem to matter to them.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:24 PM, Peregrine Took said:

Lovely, thanks so much.  I'll give this a go.

Oh yes, I meant to say I cannot access my account.

I did get a response from the HH team.  No they cannot let me change my email if I'm locked out of an existing account because of email problems, or because I had forgotten my password.  Security reasons, they said.  Yes, you can change your password, even if you can't access the game, but HH send the new automatically generated password you can use to an inaccessible email address.  I can understand this so I simply abandoned that account and started a new one.  It's a bummer, but there you are!  I'm going to find out if they can remove this account entirely.  Word of warning... make sure you write down your passwords and keep them secure somewhere, even if in another secure device.  If you're still in the game and have saved your login details in your browser you can still access your game, even if the email it's registered to has been discontinued or deactivated.  While you can still access your account you can change your email address from there as the many helpful screen shots from other members amply illustrate.  If you use Firefox as your browser, you can view all login details by going to <Tools> <Options> <Privacy and Security>.  Click on <Saved Logins> and click on <Show Passwords>.  A list of all associated web pages and their respective login usernames you are using will appear and passwords will be shown beside each.  You can also delete saved passwords or add new ones in this utility.  This is useful if you had forgotten a password, even though you can access a game through a saved login.  Look up what the saved login is and write it down.  If I had done this I would have saved myself a whole lot of grief after Firefox ceased working and I had to reinstall it!  The game I lost was the one game I could not remember the password for as it was one of those HH-generated renewed passwords after I had forgotten it the first time.  I remembered all the others, but I was too complacent and lazy.  I'm sure other browsers have similar security utilities.  I hope other players find these tips handy.

Do not have an email associated with that mail that is associated with the other mail ... or mobile? That shit is used to recover emails another option to send a message to retrieve your mail ... This has happened to you with a Microsoft account, Google, zoho ...?

• 4 months later...

I recently contacted Kinkoid Support regarding the same issue. I can still access my HH account but the original email account is gone. For now everything is ok but if there ever were any problems with their backend that corrupted passwords or whatnot, I'd be SOL. Also I'd be unlikely to create a new account.

It shouldn't be too hard to create a mechanism to migrate game progress or change the username. They could e.g. display a verification code within the player profile page that could then be used to confirm the transfer request. Security reasons just sounds like bit of a cop-out.

Edited by Esthree
Addition