Awakening & Leveling 600 & up

Karxan

I have Awakened 2/3 girls needed for a 3 Awakenings goal, & leveled enough girls to 600 that i can finally do Awakenings at Lv 600.

i only have enough 💎Gems to Awaken Common Girls atm, & have several i Like to choose from.

Thoughts on keeping Common & Rare Girls max Level?

Awaken all the 5-star Commons first (on rare occasions, they can see play when very blessed). Beyond that, any common girls (3-stars or 1-stars) to reach the next milestones. It doesn't matter.

Rares are twice as expensive to awaken, so I'd recommend avoiding them altogether for now. Once you unlock max level with your batch of Commons and can start maxing out some L5s and M6s, eventually it'll be worth upgrading some of the 5-star Rares, and also the couple of 5-star Epics as well, because they're cheaper but also see play occasionally thanks to favorable Blessings.

Don't spend gems on 3-star girls (Legendary, Epic and Rare) even when they're blessed. It's not worth it especially when you're tight on resources.

• Like 4

I agree with what @DvDivXXX has written, but there are so few 5* rare and Epic girls and they're quite hard to obtain, so I think it's pretty usefull to upgrade some 3* rare and Epic girls. Especially the rare ones are quite cheap to awaken, and they can be handy with a certain blessings.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

My thoughts:

- Start with Common 5*. They're super cheap and may also be useful

- Follow with maybe some Rare 5*. They're not too expensive, and may also be useful

- Add a few Epic 5* (only 2 of them exist) and Legendary 5*/Mythic. They're expensive, but will always be useful. You can't focus all your resources on them just yet though; they're too expensive. You probably want 3 of each element, to cover all possible elements, but not more than that (So 24 strong/expensive girls in total, until you reach lvl 700).

- Complete with Common 3*, and Common 1*. They will never ever be useful, but at least they're cheap. Rare and Epic 3* are both useless and more expensive. Legendary 3* may be useful once every couple of years, and are super expensive. So Rare/Epic/Legendary 3* are the worst combination, being useless (most of the time) and expensive (always). Forget about them (At least until you reach end game / lvl 750, but even then, I wouldn't recommend it).

(I used 8 Rare 3* girls, either Purple or White, because I had plenty of gems, and I didn't have enough C3/C1 girls back then. But that was a mistake; they cost twice as many gems and are still useless to this day).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OmerB said:

I agree with what @DvDivXXX has written, but there are so few 5* rare and Epic girls and they're quite hard to obtain, so I think it's pretty usefull to upgrade some 3* rare and Epic girls. Especially the rare ones are quite cheap to awaken, and they can be handy with a certain blessings.

This doesn't actually hold up. Epic 3* girls have a base stat total of around 18, as compared to a modern 5* Legendary at 25. Even with a maximum +40% Week of the Epic blessing, that 3* epic is only roughly at parity with that unblessed 5* legendary. If you need a +40% week of the epic just to be equal to a legendary (not even a mythic!) then it's just not worth consideration at all.

The most useful benchmark for determining whether a girl is worthwhile as a battle candidate is how much of a blessing they need in order to be better than an unblessed mythic. This gives us an idea how just what kind of circumstances are necessary for that girl to be useful on our battle team:

• 5* legendaries need between 20-25%
  • 5* epics need 25%
  • 5* rares need 35%
  • 5* commons need 50%
  • 3* legendaries need 50%
  • 3* epics need 65%
  • 3* rares need 80%
  • 3* commons need 90-100%

Now keep in mind that this is what is needed to be good, putting you just above an unblessed mythic in terms of power. It doesn't make you great; if you're just a little bit stronger than a guy with a lineup of mythics and no blessing, that's merely okay and not really anything to invest resources over. Greatness requires you to exceed this minimum. This tells us why 5* Legendaries and 5* Epics are excellent investments; if they only need a small blessing to be good, that means a large blessing will make them great, and a double blessing makes them unmatched.

We can also see why there is a huge dropoff after the 5* epic category. The 5* rares can only ever be good with a single blessing, and need a double-blessing (probably a big one) to be great. When you need a double blessing to be useful, your usefulness drops precipitously since the odds that you will get the exact double blessing with sufficiently high magnitude get very low. 

As an aside, Zoopokemon's spreadsheet uses the metric of the probability that a specific week's blessings will put a girl in the top 7. However, this metric is really only accurate if you have a complete harem. The more girls you are missing, the less accurate it will be. For instance, Demi is rated very lowly because she is blond and there are a lot of more powerful blond girls that have been released. But if you don't have those other blond girls, that's irrelevant to you and she's still able to reach very high power levels on week of the blond. That spreadsheet ranking is still very useful, but for most players "how much blessing is needed to beat an unblessed mythic?" is a more useful metric.

• Like 7

Yop, very true and clear guys. I agree with both of you (Liliat and Attirm). Sorry @OmerB but no, it's never useful to upgrade non-battlers aside from the cheapest possible ones (Commons including Starters) and only to meet the requirements to unlock all the milestones up to Level 750. Even 3-star Legendaries find themselves in the top team of the week once every other blue moon each (and there are hundreds of them), and they cost exactly the same to Awaken and level up as 5-star Legendaries, who will never be terrible as a baseline and much more often get blessed into the top team of the week (and there are still under a hundred of them, I think).

I've reached Level 750 what feels like an eternity ago (1 year or 2? time flies) and until fairly recently I was very competitive and PvP oriented. I'm still very far from having maxed out all the 5-star Legendaries I have and, now that I caved in to the meta and I'm hunting every Mythic under the sun, these take ginormous amounts of every resource (not just gems) to get battle ready. To the point that even though I had been stockpiling blue gems for many months before I got Mythic Lenaëlle last month, I was barely able to rush upgrading her to 6 stars and Level 750 and I had to use up every last gift and book I had and even spend a good amount of extra kobans on Market refills to get there. The other two recent Mythics I grabbed are nowhere near ready to see play anytime soon. And at least 3 new L5s also get added to the game every month on top of that.

Basically, unless you have a super tiny collection and intend to keep it that way, OR you're at the other extreme and you spend a lot of real money on the game, there's never a point where Awakening even a 3-star Legendary is worth it. And even then, I wouldn't recommend it. Even when one of these make its way into the top team of the week, it's never much higher than L5s and Mythics in there. So the benefits are not only very rare, but also fairly marginal.

For Epics, because there are only 2 of them with 5 stars, they do see play much more often than they otherwise would, and when they do it's usually pretty high up. Anytime there's a decent Blessing for the Epic rarity itself, Summer Geekette and Travel Gwenaëlle immediately become at least good. Whenever the other blessing also affects one of the two, it's very possible she becomes the top girl of the week. So they're both valuable investments.

There are a lot more 5-star Rares comparatively (11 in total as of this writing), even though they only ever released two of them as event girls (just like Epics, it was a very short-lived experiment), because the final free girl for finishing every world in Adventure mode is one (past the first few that still had 5-star commons instead), and a lot of the later villains permanent girls include one. They're less expensive to awaken than the two Epics, but also a lot less likely to see play, so it's not a priority either. Even now I have only 7 of them maxed out and I'm not so sure investing in them wasn't a mistake on my part:

image.png

Now 3-star Epics and Rares? I don't see any reason to ever burn gems and other valuable resources on them at all.

• Like 3

5-star rare and epic girls are useful when you don't have enough girls to awaken to the next 50 levels. To get pass 650 and 700, I had to awaken them even when they weren't blessed because I didn't have enough common girls and not enough gems for legendary.

• Thinking 2

il y a 19 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

(and there are still under a hundred of them, I think).

121 for now (119 if you exclude the last CC and League girls, which aren't really available yet)

il y a 20 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

I've reached Level 750 what feels like an eternity ago (1 year or 2? time flies)

Awakening was introduced late 2021 (less than 1.5 years ago), so I don't think it's been that long 😛

Citation

They're less expensive to awaken than the two Epics, but also a lot less likely to see play, so it's not a priority either. Even now I have only 7 of them maxed out and I'm not so sure investing in them wasn't a mistake on my part:

The main issue with R5 girls IMO is that most of them are Blue or Dark. Blue and Dark being the best elements, you probably want to keep these gems for better girls (M6/L5). Wasting more common gems such as white or red on R5 girls wouldn't be too bad though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

I didn't have enough common girls and not enough gems for legendary.

That's weird. You only need 100 girls in total at level 700 to finish unlocking all girl levels, and there are tons of common girls. 1-stars from GP/DL also count, and they're just as cheap to awaken as other commons. But the two E5s are a very safe investment anyway, and R5s aren't that bad.

Omer was saying 3-star Epics and Rares are worth throwing gems at, which you would also agree is incorrect. ^^

13 minutes ago, Liliat said:

The main issue with R5 girls IMO is that most of them are Blue or Dark. Blue and Dark being the best elements, you probably want to keep these gems for better girls (M6/L5). Wasting more common gems such as white or red on R5 girls wouldn't be too bad though.

Very much so, yes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Omer was saying 3-star Epics and Rares are worth throwing gems at, which you would also agree is incorrect. ^^

I misread his comment. I agree. Leveling up 3-star epic and rares isn't helpful.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

You only need 100 girls in total at level 700 to finish unlocking all girl levels, and there are tons of common girls. 1-stars from GP/DL also count, and they're just as cheap to awaken as other commons.

Except my blessed team of the week, I don't level up any 3-stars. I didn't use 1-stars neither for awakening. It took longer to reach 750 but I think it helps me in the long run because more of my resources goes toward 5-stars.

• Like 4

I'm playing for almost 1.5 years, with fairly good progression rate, and I didn't get a 5* epic girl yet. I have only 5 stars rare girl, Derri, which I got not a long time ago, and my first Mythic girl is only now becoming usable in my battle team.

I'm guessing that someone who is asking this question is playing much less time, and having much less girls than I do - so recommending him to level up and awaken only five stars, Mythic and common girls... isn't very feasible advice for him. If he won't level up rare and epic girls at the start, and will use only common girls and the few 5 stars that he could reach, it will be very frustrating for him. Leveling up Rare and epic girls will be beneficial at the start, for a newer player, for the battle team, as well as for the Places of Power and for the champions fights.

He will have to level up girls in order to have the minimum bar for awakening, and if he won't have enough common and 5* girls... It takes time to get the girls, you are with 1000+ girls, so you might have forgotten how it is at the start, to be with around 100 girls.

Also, 3 stars girls can make it to your teams. For example, flight attendant is better at the moment than unblessed 5 star girls.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I remember how it was for me, and I have an idea of how it is for new players now, but things change quickly. And everyone varies in their approach, preferences and priorities.

I still don't think you're right, Omer. Rushing to max girl level shouldn't be an early goal for a newer player anyways (except for overnight veterans who throw tons of cash at the game for it). And wasting resources on 3-star Epics and Rares early on will only slow down their progress even more.

There are over 100 dirt cheap 1-star commons anyone can start grabbing from Dark Lord or Great Pachinko from day one. Not to mention Bunny and the other Starters and Commons a new player can get in the first few days or weeks at most. These alone are more than enough fodder to eventually unlock max girl level. Girls to awaken won't be anyone's bottleneck anytime soon. Early game, you're starving for Ymens, gifts, books, and of course you likely have next to nothing in terms of gems, but that should be the least of your worries, imho.

By the time a newer player is far enough into the early game to start having a decent battle team for low leagues and daily activities, decent PoP upgrades, start progressing on their regular champions and so on... Then they can start planning ahead for awakenings beyond say, girl level 500. I doubt it would be realistic to start pushing this any sooner, at least as F2P or on a low budget.

• Like 2

@OmerB you are right that new players will need to level up some 3 stars to get started. However, once a basic battle team is made, leveling up 3 stars epic and rare should be avoided.

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

I'm guessing that someone who is asking this question is playing much less time, and having much less girls than I do - so recommending him to level up and awaken only five stars, Mythic and common girls... isn't very feasible advice for him.

Casual players don't focus on pvp so awakening isn't a priority to them. As for new players who wants to get serious, they have to accept the fact that resources (gems and books) are limited regardless of their levels. If they waste these resources in the early stages, they will suffer later on. Like the old saying, lose a battle to win a war. The short term frustration will pay off. Players can play however they like but if they want to get ahead someday, planning is critical and the sooner the better.

It may seems like that we 500ers are out of touch with our large harems but we have or had dabbled in CxH and PsH. We started from level 1 like everyone else. We understand the frustration but we know grinding is necessary at the beginning. We practice what we preach when we go to these games.

• Like 3