Anyone realized how contests are weird?

Ramses II

Takes me 40 points to get 3 experience books at the start and then the prizes are getting better as you go. But once you get all the girl's shards it takes way more points to get to the next stage and the prizes are worse.

Example Path of Valor:

490 to 560 (70 points) net you 4 books

560 to 640 (80 points) nets you 5 books

1000 to 1100 (100 points) nets you 6 books

1600 to 1700 (100 points) nets you 8 books

1700 to 1800 (100 points) nets you 10 books

2500 to 2750 (250 points) nets you 4 books

Does seems like the work after that is meaningless even for developers. Once you get the last shards at 2100 seems deflated value, but increase work to get them.

It's a common pattern in the game: devs don't want to abruptly stop the rewards, so they just add small fillers at the end. In season it's a few gems after Tier 63 (13k-34k), in PoV it's Books/Fists/Kisses/MP orbs (2500~6500), and we also see the same thing in PoG (Books/Energy/Gifts/Fists from 2950 to 5250).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Liliat said:

It's a common pattern in the game: devs don't want to abruptly stop the rewards, so they just add small fillers at the end. In season it's a few gems after Tier 63 (13k-34k), in PoV it's Books/Fists/Kisses/MP orbs (2500~6500), and we also see the same thing in PoG (Books/Energy/Gifts/Fists from 2950 to 5250).

Not only like(+1), but this is not isolated to this game.  I've seen this in other games I play.  It seems to be common at least for our timeline..."generation" if you will.

I'm sure if you develop a game better people will like at least that aspect ;)

• Like 3

It's intentional imo.

If there would be greater prizes at the end of the path, it will give more benefits to veteran players and whales. The league rewards is an example of how the top gains more rewards than the rest exponentially.

How the season, PoV and PoG are built gives 'advantage' to new and lower level players, who can get considerable rewards without having to go out of their way.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:55 PM, Ramses II said:

Anyone realized how contests are weird?

You meant reward tracks in things like PoV, PoA, Seasons etc. "Contests" are a different thing entirely in this game.

This is hardly feedback. Moved to QA which feels more appropriate.