Rewards based on time spent in the game per day

james1478

And how shall this be tracked? I would just leave a browser window open all day to get all the kobans without the need to actually do anything. If activity (clicks, even mouse movement is possible) was tracked, I would install a little browser extension or program which does this for me.

What I am saying, I see no way to have an "active time" based reward which cannot be easily abused, but only related to actual actions. And with "actions" I mean not just clicking around, but actual progressing, i.e. something which you cannot do in a loop, but which means that you invest resources, or other things which cannot be undone. So more kobans could be added as rewards to existing game elements. With the potential increase of koban sinks via additional MDR, it would be not even a balance issue (Yes, I also think that kobans should be limited to not allow everyone get everything without any management.), but more than that I would like the mass of events which require kobans to benefit from reduced.

So instead of adding kobans, which would either require additional sinks/events, or potentially (not saying that we are anywhere there) lead to inflation, I would prefer events being reduced, so that everyone has more kobans left for the other sinks/events.

EDIT: About the general idea of rewarding activity time: Another problem is that many players and veterans, who joined the game when it was much more casual, do already now criticise the additional features which force them to invest more time into the game to be successful, e.g. managing girls' gear and skills to be able to compete in league top positions. If true active time/activity itself was rewarded (which is not really possible, but let's imagine it) with additional kobans, every player with ambitions would feel forced to invest even more time, to get as much of these new rewards, to stay competitive and get as much as possible out of the many event rewards. So I think the idea is basically contrary to what most players here want: Being able to compete without the need to spend hours and hours, but with a few thoughts and simple clicks now and then, in casual game style. I personally have no big problem of spending more time "with" the game, but instead of needing to click around, I prefer mechanics with depth, where you need more time to develop your strategy, but with an efficient UI which lets you do and adjust it in as short time as possible: So less "ingame" time, but more brain time 😉. Or more story and art elements to enjoy, like a continuation of the ingame messenger 🤩.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, james1478 said:

I think it would be a great idea to get 1 koban per min or per 10 min spent in the game,so that the time spent on the game comes with some benefits there by increasing the no. of players online

Yeah, no. We'd just all end up leaving a device with the game open 24/7. No thanks.

• Like 5