HH "Bitch" has got to GO!

Karxan

"Bitch" has got to GO!
These characters need to have their NAMES CHANGED!
"Bitch" is an INSULT in American culture; it is Demeaning, Derogatory & just plain RUDE.
I am shocked & appalled this hasn't been fixed; it should have never happened, let alone been allowed to persist for so long.
Here are my suggestions & i invite community members to submit their suggestions in replies.
When i have enough i'll make a POLL for the community to vote on.

Skoll and Hati, Wolves from Norse myth

In HH
Bitch => Skoll
Sassy Bitch => Sassy Skoll

Bitch => Hati
Sassy Bitch => Sassy Hati

Edited by Karxan
eliminating bad ideas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Karxan said:

Dog in French = chien

That's for a male dog. It's "chienne" for a bitch, and it is very often used as an insult for female humans too (not exactly in the same sense as "bitch" in English, but arguably even worse: it's purely used in a demeaning sexual sense).

So nope, you can't use that, at all. Especially not a good suggestion to make the name less offensive.

Apart from that, I don't disagree with you on principle. She could have had a better name. In HCL, there's a girl so similar to her that I always assumed it was her "alt" version, although I think it's actually a different girl. I don't remember for sure but I don't think she was transferred to HH yet. She's called Ashleen. 

PS: "Bitch" is an insult pretty much for any English speaker. It's not a US specific thing. Call someone a bitch in the UK and you'll enjoy getting bitch-slapped just like you would on the other side of the Atlantic. ^^

PPS: I'm not approving your dupe thread in the CxH forum. That's really a stretch, imho (dude, you're posting every minute today, what's happening? ^^). If you can convince KK to change the name for one game, then you can add that they might as well change it for the other. And if you can't convince them for one game, a second poll for the other game won't fare any better. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, Peaches said:

I'm sorry, but is this actually a complaint that something in hentai is rude and disrespectful toward women? Because you can't get much more vanilla and still be hentai.

There are different levels. Of course, the sex scenes (well, where we do have sex scenes left) will be heavily skewed to flatter male egos, at least as long as the implicit rule stays in place that the male hero can dominate all of the girls but never be dominated by any of them (or not in a meaningful, actually sexual way, at least; I wouldn't count the various scenes in which he's vaguely chained and maybe even "whipped" for a hot second before turning things around and using his sexual partner as one of his countless sex dolls again).

But a character being literally called "Bitch" is a bit different. Of course she was introduced to the game long before your run as a writer (or mine as a player, for that matter) which I think largely explains why it got a pass for a long time. But you wouldn't name a new character "Slut" today, would you? And if "Bitch" wasn't already in the game, even with the loose connection to dogs her Naruto inspiration has, I have no doubt you'd come up with something both more creative and less offensive than just "Bitch" for her name.

We've seen girl names changed many many times in the past, sometimes for understandable reasons such as the time the goddess Kali had been used and it was then brought to Kinkoid's attention that contrary to Venus or Aphrodite, she still has a lot of active, living worshipers IRL, so she's not in the realm of mythology quite yet, but still actual religion. And the name was quickly changed to Kootra. Other times it was seemingly the result of futile edit wars between two imaginary editors in the content team (from our perspective at least), most notably Cheryl Cocteau (or whatever the final name ended up being, both her first and last names were changed like 10 times ^^). There were also a few oopsie moments like when the HCL Felicia character was introduced in HH and the HH-native character also named Felicia was changed to "Felicitas" (which I still dislike personally, I would have prefered "Felicity", as that character doesn't have a Spanish or Hispanic vibe).

So, I'm hoping it's not a stretch to imagine that old character getting a name upgrade from "Bitch" to literally anything that actually sounds like a name and not just an insult. I mean, it's a bit akin to some comedy shows I hold dear (a French one in particular, Kaamelott, which doesn't translate well unfortunately) where sometimes a character is briefly introduced as part of a group, and someone is naming them all to the King: "this is Kai, that's Conrad, this one is also named Kai, and oh that one, nobody knows his name... everybody just call him Asshole." :D 

In any case, I appreciate your taking an interest in this conversation, whether you agree (or can change have the name changed) or not. ❤️ (EDIT: checks forum profile page and realizes this is just a forum user who happens to use "Peaches" as a nickname; this isn't Peach, the actual writer from Kinkoid ^^ Perhaps @Tohru - Kinkoid could forward this feedback? Thanks in advance).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 2:50 AM, DvDivXXX said:

PPS: I'm not approving your dupe thread in the CxH forum. That's really a stretch, imho (dude, you're posting every minute today, what's happening? ^^). If you can convince KK to change the name for one game, then you can add that they might as well change it for the other. And if you can't convince them for one game, a second poll for the other game won't fare any better. Cheers.

i see your point.  Hopefully they will be changed.
Thank you, @DvDivXXX & @Tohru - Kinkoid!!

• Thanks 1