(Seemingly) random "Information" buttons

Something I can't figure out; maybe someone here will have some ideas.

Why do the nav buttons for Leagues and Sex God Path — but not any of the others — have blue "Information" buttons ("i"-inside-a-circle) attached to them? And then, inside Sex God Path, why do both Champions and Pantheon's Stairway again have those same buttons attached?

AFAICT they do nothing. Clicking on them merely goes to the indicated section of the game, same as clicking the button they're attached to. They don't have hover-text associated with them, they don't bring up any information popups... they don't seem to do anything, honestly. Are they really just cluttering up the screen for absolutely no reason?

Screenshotfrom2023-08-2802-20-46.png.3db2fc632bc0f46365572892aa5af83e.png

They indicate that you have unused actions in said section.

I.e. in leagues or Pantheon you have tokens to spend, in champions you have champs who aren't on cooldown and so on.

On the market it indicates you have a new batch of books and gifts to buy etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, that seems to be it. Though at least with Champions, it's pretty useless because the indicator never goes away! (Unless you get ALL SIX "tiers" engaged, then I assume it would. But I've never once done that.¹)

It could actually be useful, if it signaled only when an active challenge timer expired. (And ignored all of the other ones, that aren't blocked simply because you're at 0% and aren't currently engaging that Champion at all.)

Heck, even better they could SHOW the next-expiring timer there, like they do for Missions.

Edit2: Now I'm also wondering why Seasons doesn't show an icon, when you have unused Mustache Rides over there. So weirdly inconsistent.

Notes

1. (Edit: I happened to notice just now that I accidentally had 5 of 6 counting down, so I decided to waste a token starting a fight I have no intention of finishing, to test that theory. I can confirm that on the rare occasions when ALL SIX Champions tiers are blocked, the icon does go away. ...From Champions. It'll still show on the front page, unless you've also exhausted all of your Pantheon tokens!)
Edited by NYPup2Train