Daily news summary

jpanda

Posted (edited)

The news currently pops up for a single event masking all the others.

If you're going to have many events starting the same day could you make the news match and put them all on a single pop up.

The workaround is clicking the mailbox and looking (which is really only effective if you know something is going on in which case you probably don't need news) or seeing the event timer on the front page (which is really only effective if you're looking when things are expiring and/or keeping careful count of how many events are ongoing in the latter case you probably don't need the news either).

I believe I have yet to start a Path of Resistance event on the first day it launches but my feedback is not limited to that event, it's just the reason I am posting.

Alternative suggestion/feedback: Have a new (!) icon on the new event on the front page until clicked in to.

Edited by jpanda
alternative

Posted (edited)

To be true, I never understood the need for events in ingame news: As you said, there are the event buttons with the timer already, including those starting within the next 12 hours, in most cases. What does the news popup add to this? E-Mail notifications make sense, for those who are not online regularly, but want to be informed offline. And for patch notes, surveys etc, where you have no (prominent) ingame button for, ingame news make sense. For events, I find the popups annoying, especially when the shop/bundle popups come on top: You only want to start a daily missing, but need to click away two redundant popups first.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Maybe additionally a way to disable in game news then :)

I don't look at the event timers until I know an event is going on and I'm active in it, so the news helps me.

The rest of the popups are their way to sell things so like internal ads.  I assume those are forever.