Drop rates still way low

Moons

which girls if you don't mind me asking and how far into the game are you?  I'm actually curious to gather data on what drop rates are looking like, but it's honestly been too early with the change for the high level player like me to know.  A lot of us are getting a girl a little under a month and many of us cleared the event girl drops already so we can't say for sure what the system is like yet.

I too am mildly suspicious of the post-update drop rates. They seem even more stingy than before.  

But the greater concern for me is the way the drop rates now affect the game's difficulty. Specifically, the way the bosses now gain XP from battles with you, but you don't.

This is especially hard on new players, like me, who are still relatively low-level.  

I've already seen the Ninja Spy gain several levels (roughly 50 battles/5 levels so far) without dropping a single girl. Somewhere within the next 50-100 battles, the Ninja Spy will out-level me, forcing me to stop battling him until I've gained a few levels.  If he hasn't yet dropped the event girl when this happens, there is a VERY good chance that I will miss out on her. 

That sucks. 

I'm at peace with the miserly drop rates for non-event girls. I don't love it, but I get it. I'm even at peace with the bosses gaining levels, because it adds intrigue in the long run.

But the balance feels off.

The boss is gaining levels much more quickly than I can. And the drop rates are so low that I have no choice but to keep feeding him. Thus, these two systems are conspiring together to keep me from collecting a limited-time event girl.

That crosses a line for me. It's too punitive. By leveling up my enemy every ten battles and giving me nothing, the game is actually punishing me for playing more. And that feels wrong. 

Possible solutions? Perhaps the bosses could not gain levels until they've coughed up at least their non-event harems. Or perhaps their level growth could stall when they reach the player's level (or maybe a couple levels above). Or perhaps the drop rates, at least for event exclusive girls, could be a bit more generous. Perhaps the solution is something else entirely. 

I just hope something is further adjusted. Because it's one thing to make it tough-but-fair for me to get the girls. It's another thing to try to actively prevent me from getting them. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Badhead said:

I too am mildly suspicious of the post-update drop rates. They seem even more stingy than before.  

But the greater concern for me is the way the drop rates now affect the game's difficulty. Specifically, the way the bosses now gain XP from battles with you, but you don't.

This is especially hard on new players, like me, who are still relatively low-level.  

I've already seen the Ninja Spy gain several levels (roughly 50 battles/5 levels so far) without dropping a single girl. Somewhere within the next 50-100 battles, the Ninja Spy will out-level me, forcing me to stop battling him until I've gained a few levels.  If he hasn't yet dropped the event girl when this happens, there is a VERY good chance that I will miss out on her. 

That sucks. 

I'm at peace with the miserly drop rates for non-event girls. I don't love it, but I get it. I'm even at peace with the bosses gaining levels, because it adds intrigue in the long run.

The boss is gaining levels much more quickly than I can. And the drop rates are so low that I have no choice but to keep feeding him. Thus, these two systems are conspiring together to keep me from collecting a limited-time event girl.

That crosses a line for me. It's too punitive. By leveling up my enemy every ten battles and giving me nothing, the game is actually punishing me for playing more. And that feels wrong. 

Possible solutions? Perhaps the bosses could not gain levels until they've coughed up at least their non-event harems. Or perhaps their level growth could stall when they reach the player's level (or maybe a couple levels above). Or perhaps the drop rates, at least for event exclusive girls, could be a bit more generous. Perhaps the solution is something else entirely. 

I just hope something is further adjusted. Because it's one thing to make it tough-but-fair for me to get the girls. It's another thing to try to actively prevent me from getting them. 

This must be very frustrating for newer players. You need better gear, stats, and/or girls to beat the trolls and win in the arena. So you need more money. But you can't get more money until you beat the troll that has leveled higher than you. It is a Catch-22 for new players, and seems like an unintended consequence of the patch that the devs didn't think about.

Unless they want the game to REALLY slow down. But then the game is too slow and boring, and players will not play as much. We certainly do not need to login every 3 hours 20 minutes now. 

edit: I have not been a newer player in a long time, and bane1's post below says his stats are better than a troll that is higher level than him, so it seems the difference is not as bad as I hear. Still that sounds frustrating if that has happened.

Edited by Blain
new post below has more information

27 minutes ago, Badhead said:

That sucks. 

Im on Ninja village on my second account and ninja spy is currently 5 lvs higher than me but my stats are still 2x higher than his. So as long as you keep your battle party girls lv up to your level and with decent gear for your lv you should still win against boss. Still no girl drop tho after over 150 fights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeeCanon said:

yeah i'm up to 204 fights since the patch level 62 on gruntt and nothing, probably 100+ fights prepatch as well

A member named Tiffany has provided a statistical mathematical formula to demonstrate that my assertions re. probability are wrong and the that the more we play the more chances we have to get a drop.  If this is true, then HH have very likely lowered the probability of getting a drop each battle.  Because the whole thing is meant to be random, we have as much chance having two or more girls in a row drop (as happened to me once - Jeanne and Eugénie from Edwarda) as we'd have trying for over 200 battles and getting nothing.  I've been playing these kinds of games for ages now and this one seems different.  Luck is a LOT more patchy and this patchiness lasts over extended periods (such as between events).  In this case, the drought suddenly hit my games bang on the release of the patch update with half the event to run.  I can speculate all I want, but it seems to me that HH have fiddled with the probability algorithm and they seem to do this from time to time as routine housekeeping and mini-updates.  We'll never know one way or the other.  In my case I have a number of games running to compare so one would think that, according to the calculation Tiffany offered, I should have been lucky at least once, but no.  Across all my games the story is identical: before the patch I was having a normal amount of luck; after the patch, none at all - for every game (one newish at lvl 63 and another at 185 for the other extreme - the drop rates for starting out are meant to be higher than for those well advanced through the game).  Even the event girls aren't dropping and they normally drop more readily than troll girls (as was the case for me before the patch).

Actually, I was just curious rather than angry because I have enough on my hands just maintaining my harem and upgrading the girls I already have than getting more at the moment.  Oddly enough, I'm not that looking forward to getting Loving Arcana in 4 days because she'll cost me a lot to upgrade and I'm already committed to upgrading Samane's affection.

Also, with the arena battle changes, I have had to pay a lot more attention to my beta and omega girls and this is beginning to pay off.  The exception for me is usually against charm opponents with Abraël on max affection and Flight Attendant as beta - with these two in his team, an opponent will remain unbeatable for me as I am know-how; that is, until I max out Samane's affection and I'm glad to say this may not be too long.  This is the fun aspect of the changes, but the system of calculating bonuses and mojo is arcane to me and beyond my understanding.  The randomness aspect of putting up the three opponents for selection has extended to rank now so there seems to be a move towards joining up groups of rankings for the Tower of Fame and this may not be fair to new players who are interested in featuring in it.  It remains to be seen.  I only play the arena for a little extra cash, XP or goodies, not to compete in the Tower of Fame.  The half hour refresh time for the three new choices is an anathema to me and it's especially galling that we may not get the chance in a timely manner to try again against an opponent who beat us only because of luck (critical damage).  Ten minutes would have been more encouragement for us to resume battling in the arena than every half an hour.

The other rather perverse aspect of not getting girls is that, in my battles against Finalmecia, I have levelled her up to the point where I earn more from her using two combativity units than I would have from the two I used per battle before the update.  Once I get to 1 1/2 times the previous average income for every two battles, I will be on parity with what I earned before based on time of recharge for each unit being 30min and not 20min.  The long and short of it is that income from battles against her is earning me a steady income, plus the chance to still win Salem and Edna, and I'll be able to upgrade Samane's final affection more easily.  I expect, however, Finalmecia's battle stats will become more competitive as she levels up.  Already her chances to inflict critical damage against me is the same as mine, but her attack power is not enough to have much impact - yet.

The other really generous thing HH have done is to offer us many more epic gift items in the daily missions - once gifts (usually no more than rare items) were limited for players at level 101 or less, but now this limit has been removed and we get fewer of the useless equipment items (usually in a specialty battle stat that is no use to us).  Furthermore, as one's level goes up, so do the cash rewards for completing daily mission tasks.  Some now exceed 20,000 and this is most welcome.  Also, legendary knickers (VERY valuable!) are available more often in the store.  Once they were exceedingly rare.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

which girls if you don't mind me asking and how far into the game are you?  I'm actually curious to gather data on what drop rates are looking like, but it's honestly been too early with the change for the high level player like me to know.  A lot of us are getting a girl a little under a month and many of us cleared the event girl drops already so we can't say for sure what the system is like yet.

Loving bunny, and 2 girls from Edwarda.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, trunks2585 said:

Not trying to take the devs side or anything.  But all they ever said was 'things have been adjusted accordingly'.  Which probably just means they maintained the low drop rate and kept it form being abysmal to terrible.  Several of us already got the event drops, so the next event will be the real test on drop rates.

Here's an idea though.  Anyone wanna make a new profile to test out drop rates on a fresh account?

I have a few accounts in the way you suggested.  I inherited three from females in this household who subsequently found HH excruciatingly boring and sexist (unsurprisingly!), so rather than let them go to waste I took over playing for them - with their grateful permission of course.  The girls now get all the nuisance emails generated from my forum postings (lol)!  I have three profiles of my own so I'm playing 6 accounts in all.  While I cannot check whether there's been a change from a fresh account (for my newest game I'm level 62 and starting - and stuck! - in the Juy Sea), I can compare across a wide range of advancement, from lvl 62 to 187.  I can report that the answer is consistent across all profiles: - a regular if slightly patchy drop rate before the patch update for all my profiles, to utter zero for all of them since.  It's like I hit a brick wall!  Before the patch release I was particularly successful with event girl drops across all 6 profiles and both girls in four of them, a first for me.  To me the dramatic contrast in fortunes is beyond chance and I believe something has changed in the game.

Having said that, if I were to have the one remaining event girl drop (Loving Bunny) before the end of the event in at least one of my two games where she hasn't dropped, this would make a bit of a liar of me wouldn't it.  However, there is still a chance I will be successful in at least one of these games over the remaining 4 days as others have reported having girls drop (in one case, three and two of these off one troll).

After about 200 fights with Ninja spy he droped Solveig, still no Loving Bunny drop yet tho. Looks like with the upscaleing of drop rate after every failure for normal girls the Event girls are going to be a longer wait unless very lucky.

I am between 170 and 180 battles on dark lord and still no event girl (since patch release, i had hundreds more battles before that). At a rough estimate i am 600 battles in to dark lord for this event and still no drop (i should also mention i had no drop last event for cupid chan either) so this will be 2 events and 0 drops for me. I had all dark lord girls dropped before the previous event so they werent interfearing with the event drops either.

EDIT: i forgot to mention dark lord is level 22 up from starting level of 5 at start of event, at 10 battles per level is, this is how i have calculated my battles since patch release

Edited by dudd

If you had 200 failed attempts pre-patch, this would put your chance to get the next girl from any troll at X+200Y% (X being the base drop chance and Y being the chance increase from each failed attempt). Post-patch, if you have all 8 bosses unlocked, that chance has dropped to X+25Y% for each* individual troll boss (X and Y having been increased accordingly to account for the new combativity). * We currently don't know if those victories only apply to trolls that still have droppable girls.

Until you get your next girl to drop, your overall chance will be worse than before, but since Y no longer resets for every troll whenever you get any new girl, including from Epic Pachinko, your chances will be better from that point onward (unless you only need girls from one Boss, in which case your chances will be the same).

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

If you had 200 failed attempts pre-patch, this would put your chance to get the next girl from any troll at X+200Y% (X being the base drop chance and Y being the chance increase from each failed attempt). Post-patch, if you have all 8 bosses unlocked, that chance has dropped to X+25Y% for each* individual troll boss (X and Y having been increased accordingly to account for the new combativity). * We currently don't know if those victories only apply to trolls that still have droppable girls.

Until you get your next girl to drop, your overall chance will be worse than before, but since Y no longer resets for every troll whenever you get any new girl, including from Epic Pachinko, your chances will be better from that point onward (unless you only need girls from one Boss, in which case your chances will be the same).

So basicly drops are gonna be shyt until we get a girl which will somehow reset our chances do normal instead of total imposibility?

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, 永恆的冬天的雪 said:

So basicly drops are gonna be shyt until we get a girl which will somehow reset our chances do normal instead of total imposibility?

51 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

Your explanation is as clear as mud!  However, as I take it, we have to wait patiently for a new girl to drop before our chances improve.  You have confirmed that the system has changed (that Y no longer resets for every troll with each new girl) and these changes appear to have altered the whole drop rate across the board.

On 2/10/2018 at 9:37 AM, Don23 said:

@Tiffany

Supposedly the drop rate increases as you get more fights in without a girl dropping.

Around 550 battles against Finalmecia to get Zoe to drop.  It's the first I actually got her to drop, but I got Salem in Epic Pachinko before.

Edit Adding I'm level 151 fighting a 260 Finalmecia now, with 49 girls in my Harem since we KNOW that the more girls you have the lower your drop chances are.

Edited by Damoncord

1 hour ago, 永恆的冬天的雪 said:

1 hour ago, Peregrine Took said:

Your explanation is as clear as mud!  However, as I take it, we have to wait patiently for a new girl to drop before our chances improve.  You have confirmed that the system has changed (that Y no longer resets for every troll with each new girl) and these changes appear to have altered the whole drop rate across the board.

Sorry that my explanation wasn't clear, what exactly do you not understand about it? Then I can try to explain it better.
But yes, what it means is that your chances are worse until a girl drops, after that it gets better.

29 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

Sorry that my explanation wasn't clear, what exactly do you not understand about it? Then I can try to explain it better.
But yes, what it means is that your chances are worse until a girl drops, after that it gets better.

and how do you suggest we get a girl to reset our chances while getting a girl is impossible?

waste money on something that dev ruined?

1 hour ago, Damoncord said:

Around 550 battles against Finalmecia to get Zoe to drop.  It's the first I actually got her to drop, but I got Salem in Epic Pachinko before.

Edit Adding I'm level 151 fighting a 260 Finalmecia now, with 49 girls in my Harem since we KNOW that the more girls you have the lower your drop chances are.

I was actually curious about how difficult a leveled up boss battle is.  does she still get beaten easily or does she put up a fight if you havn't worked on your team?

il y a 7 minutes, trunks2585 a dit :

I was actually curious about how difficult a leveled up boss battle is.  does she still get beaten easily or does she put up a fight if you havn't worked on your team?

She put up a fight if you haven't worked on your team.......:/ 

and i agree with Damoncord 570 fighting for the last one of Filamencia ( level 126, 52 girls)

50 minutes ago, winterofthatyear said:

and how do you suggest we get a girl to reset our chances while getting a girl is impossible?

I think you misunderstood, or I just explained it badly.

The chance a girl drops hasn't gone down. But, whenever you fight a troll and you fail at getting a girl, you get an increased chance for the girl to drop. That chance increase resets whenever you get a new girl.

Before the patch this was shared with all trolls.
01.thumb.gif.d76fe2ef1e381efd19a09c5ca6436a1b.gif

They changed it to work per troll, but they only tracked your total of fights without a girl dropping. So they had to re-distribute this:
02.thumb.gif.3943a6177adf2c773783160f3f746b59.gif

So your chance per boss is now lower, and you have to "catch up" on those attempts. That was the fairest way to do it.

But once you get a girl, since the reset is no longer global, the chance for your next girl will be better (or the same at worst if it's from the same troll):
03.thumb.gif.14324288d8f7d6bda0f0f8f8b1119786.gif

Does that help at all, or did I just enjoy messing around with making these very badly animated pics for an hour or so? :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1