You Don't Need to Ruin Your Game

JHDeviant

You don't need to ruin your game to make money.  Just make spending money a lot more EXCITING.

The best free-to-play games make playing for free super fun, and make spending money even more fun.

It is not that hard. 

1)Be generous with your hard currency, but give players a bunch of good reasons to spend a little every day.  Usually this involves a ramping up of some cost.... like say epic pachinko or energy refill starts cheap but goes up the more you use it.

2) Give plenty of incentives BESIDES kabans for making purchases.  Since you are generous with cash currency it loses some value, but you can get the value back by putting events in.  Like any purchase comes with energy refills.  Purchase of X amount this week gives you an exclusive girl. VIP level can be effective too (permanent bonuses from making purchases).

3) Quests, Quests, Quests.  Put in daily tasks like gain 50 affection (and 100, 500, 1000).  Use epic pachinko 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  Refill energy for kabans 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  People find themselves wanting to finish these quests and spending money just makes sense because you will get a free girl this week anyway.

The current direction seems to be "only people spending money should be having fun", but that will only kill your game.  Please change course!  With a few changes you can have people happily handing over their money, while giving them plenty of free players to play against.

• Thinking 4

Oh hell no! This latest patch has already pissed off a lot of players. Doing this will leave this game deader than disco. If you make Epic Pachinko any more expensive than it already is, a lot more people are gonna jump ship, myself included. For the sake of your game, your business, and your player base, don't fucking do this.

5 hours ago, JHDeviant said:

You don't need to ruin your game to make money.  Just make spending money a lot more EXCITING.

The best free-to-play games make playing for free super fun, and make spending money even more fun.

It is not that hard. 

1)Be generous with your hard currency, but give players a bunch of good reasons to spend a little every day.  Usually this involves a ramping up of some cost.... like say epic pachinko or energy refill starts cheap but goes up the more you use it.

2) Give plenty of incentives BESIDES kabans for making purchases.  Since you are generous with cash currency it loses some value, but you can get the value back by putting events in.  Like any purchase comes with energy refills.  Purchase of X amount this week gives you an exclusive girl. VIP level can be effective too (permanent bonuses from making purchases).

3) Quests, Quests, Quests.  Put in daily tasks like gain 50 affection (and 100, 500, 1000).  Use epic pachinko 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  Refill energy for kabans 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  People find themselves wanting to finish these quests and spending money just makes sense because you will get a free girl this week anyway.

The current direction seems to be "only people spending money should be having fun", but that will only kill your game.  Please change course!  With a few changes you can have people happily handing over their money, while giving them plenty of free players to play against.

Are you trying to shit on the game more?

7 hours ago, JHDeviant said:

Based on your replies it is probably TLDR.  Or you lack the imagination to see how people can be both happy to play free and excited to spend money.

Maybe It's because your ideas screw the people who've been here longer and paying more?

1)Be generous with your hard currency, but give players a bunch of good reasons to spend a little every day.  Usually, this involves a ramping up of some cost.... like say epic pachinko or energy refill starts cheap but goes up the more you use it.

Ramping up costs FUCKS everyone who actually uses something.  At my level, it's 540 Kobans for a single Epic Pachinko, a bit expensive but it will give me at LEAST a yellow item which normally would be comparable or even an upgrade from my current gear.  For a Regular spin, it's 32.7K for something that's mainly going to give me useless greys or greens, Wanna guess how often I pay for them?

2) Give plenty of incentives BESIDES kobans for making purchases.  Since you are generous with cash currency it loses some value, but you can get the value back by putting events in.  Like any purchase comes with energy refills.  Purchase of X amount this week gives you an exclusive girl. VIP level can be effective too (permanent bonuses from making purchases)

We already have 2 events per month, one for 14 days, the other for 7.  If they are lucky most people can get the boss drop girls before the events end but near the end, they start paying to get more attempts. 

The idea of rewards for buying X amount of Kobans each week is kinda there with the very high levels of Patreon since they get an exclusive girl.  However, that one is totally optional and doesn't show up in the Wiki so most aren't going after them (REALLY Expensive) Swapping to you must buy X amount REALLY transitions into Pay to Win territory since there would be NO other way to get that one.

3) Quests, Quests, Quests.  Put in daily tasks like gain 50 affection (and 100, 500, 1000).  Use epic pachinko 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  Refill energy for kobans 1 time, 5 times, 10 times.  People find themselves wanting to finish these quests and spending money just makes sense because you will get a free girl this week anyway.

You are aware that the Daily Quests already exist and give Affection items and gear regularly?  These ones you put forward are REALLY shitty for how much they would cost. Epic Pachinko 10x would be 5400 Koban or around $50, Refill Energy 10 x 1500 Koban.  Serious pay to win Territory there which WILL push away players who can't afford to drop 200+ each month to get the different rewards.

Edit fixed a spelling typo.

Edited by Damoncord

On 2/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, JHDeviant said:

WTF!!!  Epic Pachinko starting cheap and going up like Great Pachinko does??  How far going up where you thinking??  The 10x Epic Pachinko costs 5400 kobans for me, you think that needs to go up more and then thinking players would be more happy??  OMG, I think you just did not think first before typing that idea huh, but what bothers me the most is that you really think this should be a good idea.  Yeah, it is only a good idea alright, if you want to insta-kill this game off with a big bang.