Remove music on login screen

rstephens

16 hours ago, Enthrexaion said:

It's natural for a game to have music start as the game is on, is it not? In the options, you can mute the sounds. The game saves that you have it muted and you will never have to worry about it again.

Yes, but not on the login screen.  It does not remember that you turned off the sound on the login in screen.  Which I often come into contact with because I don't use "remember me" or save cookies. I am not saying remove all music.  I am saying, don't force it on the login screen.

And no, it's not normal for websites to force you to listen to sound. In fact, it's often seen as poor form and tacky.  An option to turn on sound, fine.  Forced sound, not so much.

And yes, I know there are ways to mute your browser and what not, but then I would have to do that every time and it's really no different than just turning off your speakers.  What would be far easier is if they simply turned off the music on the login screen.  No one is spending a lot of time there anyway, so the music is serving little purpose other than annoyance.

• 1 month later...

I know this isn't really recent, but I came here to post precisely this, so I'll just comment instead of cluttering the board with a new post. I wholeheartedly agree with rstephenson on this. Music in the game for those who want it is great, but I think playing music on a website before the user even has the option to turn it off is really bad design. I know speakers can be turned off and browsers can be muted, but this does not resolve the design flaw in the website. Users who like to listen to other music on their computer, for example, will just hear a mishmash of annoying sounds when launching the game.

I really wish designers would pay attention to this, it's probably a really quick and easy thing to fix.

I agree 100% with this as well.

Even if you have the game set to "remember me" and save cookies, the LOGIN screen automatically plays the music.  This can be very annoying.  Once I'm logged in the game remembers that I have my sound option set to "off", but only after I log in.  A much better option would be to have no music on the login screen and have the music start (if you've enabled it) after you log in.

• Like 2