Feedback>Forum

5 minutes ago, Hollo said:

Likewise. Not only does it send me to the game, but if I then try to revisit the forum page, it continues to tell me I haven't logged in.

This is the single biggest issue of the forums for me. Lately, they've been behaving, but when they don't, it's typically a matter of restarting the browser (Chrome in this case), which is a rather heavyweight action I'd like to avoid. I certainly don't mind my session timing out and having to re-login; I just want that re-login to actually work.

probably linked to not logging out at all, which causes you to not get new contests after a while, because the server thinks you're inactive o.O
seems like something connected to that.

anyway, everytime I cannot login on the forum, I remove my cache login in the game again, and then I can just go to the forum through the in-game menu and I am logged in immediately.

• Thanks 1

Like Jack, i've had posts removed. No reason given and I highly doubt I broke any rules, speaking of...are there any forum rules posted? My post was in one of the recent feedback topics regarding an update. It was simply speaking on how the changes in the arena were leading to many people generally just losing mojo because we were getting so little for wins, and dropping a lot for losses. In my personal experience,  the large majority of my "losses" were either getting abysmally screwed by criticals or just not true losses. If both players 'end' the fight with 0 ego, then neither technically won or lost. I say 'end' because one clearly hits zero first and typically it's them. When I hit zero, I don't attack again lol. Those endings were rather rare for me, prior to the ToF reset, but after have happened quite frequently. 

I'm sure I was obviously frustrated, was I rude or attacking anyone though? No, all I did was bring up an error within the game and post a screen shot showing what I was talking about. Still my post was deleted, I go to post again asking why it was deleted. THAT post gets deleted too! I've seen others speak of having post deleted about the same issue, is this some Voldemort type issue or what?

Edited by BigDaddyTech
typo

8 minutes ago, BigDaddyTech said:

Like Jack, i've had posts removed. No reason given and I highly doubt I broke any rules, speaking of...are there any forum rules posted? My post was in one of the recent feedback topics regarding an update. It was simply speaking on how the changes in the arena were leading to many people generally just losing mojo because we were getting so little for wins, and dropping a lot for losses. In my personal experience,  the large majority of my "losses" were either getting abysmally screwed by criticals or just not true losses. If both players 'end' the fight with 0 ego, then neither technically won or lost. I say 'end' because one clearly hits zero first and typically it's them. When I hit zero, I don't attack again lol. Those endings were rather rare for me, prior to the ToF reset, but after have happened quite frequently. 

I'm sure I was obviously frustrated, was I rude or attacking anyone though? No, all I did was bring up an error within the game and post a screen shot showing what I was talking about. Still my post was deleted, I go to post again asking why it was deleted. THAT post gets deleted too! I've seen others speak of having post deleted about the same issue, is this some Voldemort type issue or what?

I got no clue what you're talking about, but regardless. The 0 ego bug, has already been posted. If it got removed then it was a duped bug report of an bug report that said the same thing. Regardless YOU have to pay attention if things are already there, we don't have to continue reading dupe threads saying the same thing 10x. Several ones already been merged. 

1 minute ago, Shidou said:

I got no clue what you're talking about, but regardless. The 0 ego bug, has already been posted. If it got removed then it was a duped bug report of an bug report that said the same thing. Regardless YOU have to pay attention if things are already there, we don't have to continue reading dupe threads saying the same thing 10x. Several ones already been merged. 

I didn't make a new topic, as I was addressing things that were happening as a RESULT of the a recent patch. The post was within the respective patch notes (there have been so many I don't remember the exact date). I addressed more than just that, but regardless that issue became more frequent after that very patch. So this wasn't an off topic thing, so I don't know why you're coming for me like that while failing to address my actual questions...

Just now, BigDaddyTech said:

I didn't make a new topic, as I was addressing things that were happening as a RESULT of the a recent patch. The post was within the respective patch notes (there have been so many I don't remember the exact date). I addressed more than just that, but regardless that issue became more frequent after that very patch. So this wasn't an off topic thing, so I don't know why you're coming for me like that while failing to address my actual questions...

Posting a bug in patchnote's is not where is belongs... That's hardcore offtopic. And several threads excisted before that patch about the 0 ego "visual" bug. It's not even impactful nor tied to a patch, your comment had no place on that thread. 

Regardless, this is a FEEDBACK thread for the forum. Not a complaint one.

1 minute ago, Shidou said:

Posting a bug in patchnote's is not where is belongs... That's hardcore offtopic. And several threads excisted before that patch about the 0 ego "visual" bug. It's not even impactful nor tied to a patch, your comment had no place on that thread. 

Regardless, this is a FEEDBACK thread for the forum. Not a complaint one.

I was simply stating that it had become more of an issue since that patch, in the feedback topic for THAT patch. I wasn't posting with the intent of reporting the bug. That's not me there to report a bug, that is me giving information of a known bug becoming more frequent AFTER the patch. Considering that, I would say it did have to do with the patch.

I didn't come into here to complain, my point was to leave a message of my experience in having posts deleted. It would be nice if the users were left some sort of message regarding why their post was removed.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, Chthugha said:

probably linked to not logging out at all, which causes you to not get new contests after a while, because the server thinks you're inactive o.O
seems like something connected to that.

anyway, everytime I cannot login on the forum, I remove my cache login in the game again, and then I can just go to the forum through the in-game menu and I am logged in immediately.

Just got "unrecognized" by the forum about a day and a half ago. Tried clearing my cache and cookies; didn't work. And this time, restarting Chrome didn't help, either. I was utterly unable to post until just now, when it apparently corrected itself without my doing anything. Which makes me think this problem is server-side now.

I'm going to keep it 100% real. The way to improve this forum is to decide what it's purpose is.

Discord is where the dev team decides to interact with players the vast majority of the time, so this forum is not ideal for player-dev interaction. More game information comes from Discord because of these interactions. I doubt that will ever change, because the devs are comfortable in Discord, which was designed to be a forum for gamers, with strict categories for different topics of discussion and heavy moderator activity to keep those discussions on topic. Their discomfort posting here is evident because in the Dev Talk category of the Announcements forum, nothing has been posted from the devs. Not. One. Discussion. http://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/forum/33-dev-talk/

So maybe contests are best use of this forum to engage players. Well, that sounds great, except for the one contest that was started in November 2017 and has yet to have winners announced -> 

I've seen Jessie run contests on Discord, so I'm perplexed why this contest has been forgotten about. Clearly, this is not the forum for contests to be run if winners are never announced.

Next category is player-player interaction. However, there's no need for players to interact with each other in this game. No Guilds. No Multiplayer Challenges. No Chatbox in game and no way to send PM in the forum. 

Maybe it could be a central point for information about the game? Nope, Harem Heroes wiki fills that purpose. https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes

How about that Brag About Your Harem forum? The Screenshots section of the game's Discord channel fills that role.

In conclusion and keeping it 100% real, close the forum and replace it's link with a link to the Discord channel. This forum will never have as much involvement from the devs or the dev team. It's not efficient to have this forum running if it's not going to get much attention from them. 

Edited by Blain

they should put a link to the discord channel on the game menu. 

why does the game menu have a link to the forum, but not a link to the discord page? thats what confuses most people. i think thats the problem. 

a lot of people get frustrated and angry at the lack of answers in here from devs and a lot of people dont know about the discord or know how to find it. 

seems counter productive to not have the discord link anywhere in the game

tbh i didn't read the complete thread so maybe it has been mentioned before. i'll do it (again) anyways:

i want a "dislike" symbol in the reactions or anything similar that clearly states that you disagree. the "confused" or "sad" smilies are ambiguous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jyepie said:

they should put a link to the discord channel on the game menu. 

why does the game menu have a link to the forum, but not a link to the discord page? thats what confuses most people. i think thats the problem. 

a lot of people get frustrated and angry at the lack of answers in here from devs and a lot of people dont know about the discord or know how to find it. 

seems counter productive to not have the discord link anywhere in the game

image.png
There is a link to the discord server ~~

25 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

image.png
There is a link to the discord server ~~

alright, but you have to admit thats VERY hidden though. i would have never thought of clicking there. 
and I can prove that most people dont ever click on that because of the low amount of discord members compared to the vast amount of forum members. 
But that discord link should be on the drop down menu 

Even when you hover the button it doesnt say what it is. people that are not familiar with discord will not know what the logo is for.

the follow us button just makes it look like it would go straight to facebook and most people would Not want to follow this game on their facebook profiles 

10 hours ago, jyepie said:

alright, but you have to admit thats VERY hidden though. i would have never thought of clicking there. 
and I can prove that most people dont ever click on that because of the low amount of discord members compared to the vast amount of forum members. 
But that discord link should be on the drop down menu 

10 hours ago, jyepie said:

Even when you hover the button it doesnt say what it is. people that are not familiar with discord will not know what the logo is for.

the follow us button just makes it look like it would go straight to facebook and most people would Not want to follow this game on their facebook profiles 

although there is even a second option to get to discord (it's here in the forum) i completely agree with you that it is too hidden. it should really be placed on the same prominent spot as the forum if not even more prominent since contact with kinkoid is much easier there.

• Like 1