Odd things about battle

MisterCat

I've been paying pretty close to arena battles lately and have notice that critical hits are a huge factor in the outcome of a battle.  Once you're level 100 or so, it's a given that your critical chance is 25%, and your damage is typically 1/5th to 1/7th of your ego...so it's pretty easy math to show that critical hits will be a large factor in who wins.   I'm not sure how I feel about this, since it works both ways. 

The other strange thing that I noticed is that regular damage is consistent....you do the same amount every time that you don't crit (not sure how orgasm affects things), as does your opponent. I always thought damage was supposed to be random within the range shown on your profile.  Not determined once during a fight and unchanging.  This should change.

Lastly is the amount of mojo you lose after a battle loss.  You shouldn't lose more than you would have gained for a win.  Since Crits make battles more random (ie chances of winning or losing become more equal), the gain/loss should be nearly equal as well.

32 minutes ago, MisterCat said:

The other strange thing that I noticed is that regular damage is consistent....you do the same amount every time that you don't crit (not sure how orgasm affects things), as does your opponent. I always thought damage was supposed to be random within the range shown on your profile.  Not determined once during a fight and unchanging.  This should change.

This is not strange at all. I'm guessing you don't have many fights go beyond the first orgasm otherwise you would have noticed that the attack increases (so does the defence) when the beta and omega girls join in. The range shown in the profile represents the attack/defence with just your alpha girl, and the attack/defence with all 3 girls. Battles start with only one girl, so the values only change when other girls are introduced.

36 minutes ago, MisterCat said:

Lastly is the amount of mojo you lose after a battle loss.  You shouldn't lose more than you would have gained for a win.  Since Crits make battles more random (ie chances of winning or losing become more equal), the gain/loss should be nearly equal as well.

No, it really shouldn't. Think about it for a moment. Would you lose more reputation if you lost to a strong opponent or a weak one? Would you gain more reputation for picking on weaklings, or for taking on the big strong guy?

Crits make battles less predictable because of luck. But if everyones luck in every battle was equal, then the stronger player would always win. Weak players need to get more crits than strong players in order to win, and depending on the strength difference even that is not a guarantee. Stronger players still have a much better chance of winning, its just not guaranteed otherwise it would be even more boring and predictable than it already is.

4 hours ago, Asherandai said:

No, it really shouldn't. Think about it for a moment. Would you lose more reputation if you lost to a strong opponent or a weak one? Would you gain more reputation for picking on weaklings, or for taking on the big strong guy?

Crits make battles less predictable because of luck. But if everyones luck in every battle was equal, then the stronger player would always win. Weak players need to get more crits than strong players in order to win, and depending on the strength difference even that is not a guarantee. Stronger players still have a much better chance of winning, its just not guaranteed otherwise it would be even more boring and predictable than it already is.

This is a fantastic answer and explanation.  I have seen dozens of threads with people complaining "why do lose so much mojo???" or "how can I possibly lose to this player with weaker stats???" This answer should be copy/pasted onto all those threads so people can understand how this game actually works.

And no offense to this thread's original poster.  Some good observations on battle stats and I'm not knocking your opinion regarding mojo loss.  It's the crybaby threads that bug me ;)