Battle is no balanced, is it worth your nerves ?

ichigosageda

Damn, i had it.

It really is NOT fair, i fight for 1 point against a guys who is same class as me, 30 levels below me, has 5000 less of know-how from me, has 1000 of other  2 classes. He has 40000 "HP" less than me and he has same affection level as i with same girl. I am so much stornger and i deal about 23 000 dmg while he crits me 4 times in a row and i lose 31 mojo.

I don't have any idea what developers think with this things, but really, i am sooooo much stronger and i lose to this kind of guys, because i have no fricking idea. I hate to lose to so weak people but they tend to love to get those crits on me 3 - 5 times in a row.

This is not only with my class but with other classes aswell. I am stronger for about 30-45% and they win ?!? And i, ofcourse, lose 31 Mojo for 1 god damn Mojo.

Guys, what the hell ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I mean, going straight to the question of 'is it worth it', you're getting slow but steady exp and affection gain as well as another income source and occasional affection bonuses. So while the fickle RNG giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other, if you put in the time all you're losing by taking on every battle you can is Mojo. I take every fight I can, and while I've had some rough losses I've also gotten really lucky a bunch of times. It all balances out if you put the work in and don't let it discourage you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, we don't have any control over the crits and rng but I do find the disparity between gain and loss ridiculous. Sure battles give me 1 or 2 mojo, more risky ones where there is maybe 50/50 chance of success will give me around 5-10 mojo. But if I'm defeated I lose 30-32 mojo. It's just not worth the risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I have been playing 3 hours with 2 reffils, i gained 35 Mojos from all that and then i lost 1 battle 31 Mojo, it really is not fair to battle like this, people would get discouraged when they see that they lose big numbers, i really hate this system, i gain 60 ( around 24 wins ) and then i lose 61 ( 2 losses ).

Do you see where i am getting ? It needs rebalance, we lose sooo much but gain almost nothing, we get 5 xp, thanks, 5 affection, not that much but thanks aguess ? and Mojo, no thanks, 1 mojo over 31 loss mojo, nah,.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, randomplayer said:

What's all the fuss about mojo? 

You gain nothing from winning or losing mojo, so what's the point getting all rowdy just for that useless ranking?

mojo is exactly what it is supposed to be and very aptly named; it's basically a form of e-dick measuring contest

on its own mojo doesn't achieve anything in game, but psychologically having large mojo feels good cuz' you think people care about your large mojo in the tower of fame, so when someone lose lot of mojo it hurts their pride. understand that it feels bad man:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, randomplayer said:

What's all the fuss about mojo? 

You gain nothing from winning or losing mojo, so what's the point getting all rowdy just for that useless ranking?

The whole game is useless, is not it? And what do you play for?
Edited by darkone
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

10 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

mojo is exactly what it is supposed to be and very aptly named; it's basically a form of e-dick measuring contest

on its own mojo doesn't achieve anything in game, but psychologically having large mojo feels good cuz' you think people care about your large mojo in the tower of fame, so when someone lose lot of mojo it hurts their pride. understand that it feels bad man:(

So it's basically just a self-gratification, I see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darkone said:

The whole game is useless, is not it? 
And what do you play for?

I play for fun.

The main purpose of this game should be getting girls and make them stronger, isn't it? So I'm playing the game doing what's best for that purpose, and I'm having fun this way.

I couldn't care less about a ranking that gives nothing to that purpose.

But, since some people seems to actually care about, so... if you're having fun playing for the mojo, that's fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, randomplayer said:

I play for fun.

The main purpose of this game should be getting girls and make them stronger, isn't it? So I'm playing the game doing what's best for that purpose, and I'm having fun this way.

I couldn't care less about a ranking that gives nothing to that purpose.

But, since some people seems to actually care about, so... if you're having fun playing for the mojo, that's fine.

I play for fun too. But very often loses with 3-4 critical hits in a row by pushovers - its not fun. At all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darkone said:

I play for fun too. But very often loses with 3-4 critical hits in a row by pushovers - its not fun. At all.

That's because the PvP system is poorly made, and has nothing to do with mojo.

Hell, this should be even more of a reason to not worry about it... 9_9

• Like 2

I just talked about this on patch note post

"At this point after being at 200 world rank winning 1~2 mojo points/fight and sometimes losing 30+ when defeated (most of the time to player with worse battle stats because they crits proc 3 times while mine not once), I stop being careful and fight 1 or 2 times every 6 opponents.

I think it's currently not worth, bcuz u give up of +xp +afxp and rewards to be good ranked at tower of fame as this doesn't reward u."

• Like 1

I used to avoid fights unless I was pretty sure I'd win them. I'd still lose and get hammered on mojo.

At the time I was around 15 to 20th nationally and in the 200s globally.

I then said frig it and fought everyone. I dropped to the 800 nationally although my mojo stayed stable.

One thing I've noticed is that there are a lot more fights where the award is 6 or 8 even 20 with one dude so even if I take a 30 hit I make it back pretty fast.

I notice looking at the mojo ranks is that there is nobody at my level near me when I was in the 200s. Most players at my mojo level were around 200, a handful around 50ish. I at level 115.

That is why I was getting fights with a 1 or 2 gain and a 30 or 31 loss on just about every fight. Now that my mojo dropped at least in relation to others there are more people near my level.

Granted I win most of my fights because I got a pretty optimal set up with girls, bought stats and equipment, which probably explains why I was able to tank far beyond where I am now.

As for not worth it. When I gave up and fought everyone, getting pissed of for losing [rarely] a fight I picked because I had a good advantage went away. I also get that 4K in money or item, 7 or 8 xp and the 3 affection points and xp per girl more often because most of those fights I was avoiding I would have won.

So I don't think the game is broken or unbalanced. If you are having problems, just relax and let the hooks work and drag your mojo to a more sustainable level. Everyone faces the same rules you do. I half suspect that you notice that 30 mojo hit more  than the 10 or 15 previous wins where you were racking up 1, 2 or more mojo. Evidence, is your mojo down below 1000? No.

If/when they start doing contest style for mojo and other things I'll probably start being more careful on who I fight.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

I used to avoid fights unless I was pretty sure I'd win them. I'd still lose and get hammered on mojo.

At the time I was around 15 to 20th nationally and in the 200s globally.

I then said frig it and fought everyone. I dropped to the 800 nationally although my mojo stayed stable.

One thing I've noticed is that there are a lot more fights where the award is 6 or 8 even 20 with one dude so even if I take a 30 hit I make it back pretty fast.

I notice looking at the mojo ranks is that there is nobody at my level near me when I was in the 200s. Most players at my mojo level were around 200, a handful around 50ish. I at level 115.

That is why I was getting fights with a 1 or 2 gain and a 30 or 31 loss on just about every fight. Now that my mojo dropped at least in relation to others there are more people near my level.

Granted I win most of my fights because I got a pretty optimal set up with girls, bought stats and equipment, which probably explains why I was able to tank far beyond where I am now.

As for not worth it. When I gave up and fought everyone, getting pissed of for losing [rarely] a fight I picked because I had a good advantage went away. I also get that 4K in money or item, 7 or 8 xp and the 3 affection points and xp per girl more often because most of those fights I was avoiding I would have won.

So I don't think the game is broken or unbalanced. If you are having problems, just relax and let the hooks work and drag your mojo to a more sustainable level. Everyone faces the same rules you do. I half suspect that you notice that 30 mojo hit more  than the 10 or 15 previous wins where you were racking up 1, 2 or more mojo. Evidence, is your mojo down below 1000? No.

If/when they start doing contest style for mojo and other things I'll probably start being more careful on who I fight.

It's exactly what I think right now.

While the tower of fame is only a simple rank without rewards, doesn't worth being careful since u'll give up of so many battle rewards

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ichigosageda said:

Damn, i had it.

It really is NOT fair, i fight for 1 point against a guys who is same class as me, 30 levels below me, has 5000 less of know-how from me, has 1000 of other  2 classes. He has 40000 "HP" less than me and he has same affection level as i with same girl. I am so much stornger and i deal about 23 000 dmg while he crits me 4 times in a row and i lose 31 mojo.

I don't have any idea what developers think with this things, but really, i am sooooo much stronger and i lose to this kind of guys, because i have no fricking idea. I hate to lose to so weak people but they tend to love to get those crits on me 3 - 5 times in a row.

This is not only with my class but with other classes aswell. I am stronger for about 30-45% and they win ?!? And i, ofcourse, lose 31 Mojo for 1 god damn Mojo.

Guys, what the hell ?

Hello,
The Mojo system is a system of rating meaning that fighting opponents with lower Mojo will give less and fighting opponents with higher Mojo will give you more. The goal of the system is to show how strong you are compared to others and not necessarily how much you fight. The previously gained crazy amounts of Mojo were gained because the previous system had a lot of flaws and top players were winning lots of Mojo from bots. It was designed to be a PvP feature so we think you can agree that the bots being such a big part of the system was a problem.
Now we have both Mojo and PvP Wins which means that people that fight the most and win, or as you said "bravery in battles", will be on top in the PvP Wins ranking and the people who are the strongest in their level bracket, will be on top in the Mojo bracket. Honestly, that sounds like a fairer system to us than the one before.
The battle system on the other hand is a total different topic. While the Mojo might be balanced around the difference between yours and others' Mojo, it is totally possible to lose a fight to a weaker opponent because of bad RNG but you can also win, if you get lucky. While the RNG element brings emotions, we agree that in lots of cases it is not the best feeling. 
We are actually working on changes to the battle system that will make it fairer and a bit more interesting and tactical. If you still haven't, you can read our PvP v2 presentation here and more specifically the part of Complex Classes. Perhaps it might be hard for you to imagine exactly what that would mean for the battle system but stay tuned and witness the changes.

1 hour ago, JessieChan said:

Hello,
The Mojo system is a system of rating meaning that fighting opponents with lower Mojo will give less and fighting opponents with higher Mojo will give you more. The goal of the system is to show how strong you are compared to others and not necessarily how much you fight. The previously gained crazy amounts of Mojo were gained because the previous system had a lot of flaws and top players were winning lots of Mojo from bots. It was designed to be a PvP feature so we think you can agree that the bots being such a big part of the system was a problem.
Now we have both Mojo and PvP Wins which means that people that fight the most and win, or as you said "bravery in battles", will be on top in the PvP Wins ranking and the people who are the strongest in their level bracket, will be on top in the Mojo bracket. Honestly, that sounds like a fairer system to us than the one before.
The battle system on the other hand is a total different topic. While the Mojo might be balanced around the difference between yours and others' Mojo, it is totally possible to lose a fight to a weaker opponent because of bad RNG but you can also win, if you get lucky. While the RNG element brings emotions, we agree that in lots of cases it is not the best feeling. 
We are actually working on changes to the battle system that will make it fairer and a bit more interesting and tactical. If you still haven't, you can read our PvP v2 presentation here and more specifically the part of Complex Classes. Perhaps it might be hard for you to imagine exactly what that would mean for the battle system but stay tuned and witness the changes.

Thank you for your time writting this reply.

I understand most of everything but situations like in this picture are really crushing, there should be some adjustments to this situations.

Screenshot_1.png

6 hours ago, ichigosageda said:

I understand most of everything but situations like in this picture are really crushing, there should be some adjustments to this situations.

If you find this crushing, then the best advice I can offer is to simply... stop taking it so hard.

It's like others have said here. You're fighting as often as three opponents every half hour. Every match is important for only ten measly minutes. Shrug it off. Play the long game, the game of averages. Most of your matches should be wins. Based on your picture, your stats look fine. Keep pumping KH if you can. You could use a 5th star on Samane, but I assume you're working on that. (I don't know if 5* Agate is worse than 4* Samane or not, but I'll assume you checked that too.)

• Like 4

I see no one offered you actual assistance to win more battles.  Perhaps I missed that in there somewhere.  Lots of other valuable advice (or advise, I never remember).

there maybe some small thing you haven't tried yet. 

As if we could help a player at lvl 222, with 75 girls, ranked 50 in the world.

If you wish, comment on my Chit-Chat thread.  We may have a suggest or two for you.  ATM we really don't know if we can help you or not.  (Hehehehe-  #50 at my time)

brassy

• Like 1

Since the changes occurred, I have routinely been matched with opponents with 50-100% greater ego scores and as a result my ranking drops every tie I battle, cause I never win. Even on the rare occassions I get matched with a a weaker or balanced opponent, I lose then also

Something is wrong with this, so I no longer even bother with battles, which reduces the game appeal

• Sad 2

what about this though ; the dude his far stronger then me in every parameter and stats yet if i try to battle him i only gain 4 mojo???  im telling you its not the first time i come up with stupid situations like this over and over again to the point that sometimes i can loose over 100 mojo in a row through defeats that make zero sense ... oh and my matchmaking for some reason seem to way to often choose me oponents that have the class that overpowers mine by nature .... I also found out that the game will make it harder on you while your still trying to get your daily 16 wins ; as soon as your done with that ive noticed that i win a lot more fights and get better matchups 

bugged.PNG