Why is my mojo so low?

I've been playing for about a week and when I go to the tower of fame my "current mojo" doesn't match with the mojo that the leaderboard gives me. I'm sure this means that the leaderboard didn't start me out at 1,000. Most players around my placing on the leaderboard have also started playing only recently. I haven't seen any other posts complaining about this and I would really like to know if this is a bug.

hh1.png

Edited by itslarrythecableguy

Just to add another voice to this issue. Started playing last week, and my mojo value in the Tower of Fame ranking is also 1000 lower than what's shown as "Current Mojo" on the left. (1863 / 863 at the moment.) I've scrolled ahead to the huge block of players with exactly 1000 mojo, which I guess are all players who were reset last month and haven't played since (or at least not done anything relevant for mojo), and all of them have a registration date of March 14, 2018 or earlier, so I'm guessing everybody who has signed up for HH afterwards was started off with 0 mojo for the ranking rather than 1000? No problem if that's intentional, just seems to be a kinda weird distortion of those standings...I'm currently around 811,000th in the mojo ranking, but once I get past 1000 it looks like I'll instantly jump up by 750,000 spots or so... And the discrepancy between the two displayed values presumably shouldn't be there even if the 0-mojo start was intended.

Edited by shalalin
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2018 at 1:05 AM, shalalin said:

Just to add another voice to this issue. Started playing last week, and my mojo value in the Tower of Fame ranking is also 1000 lower than what's shown as "Current Mojo" on the left. (1863 / 863 at the moment.) I've scrolled ahead to the huge block of players with exactly 1000 mojo, which I guess are all players who were reset last month and haven't played since (or at least not done anything relevant for mojo), and all of them have a registration date of March 14, 2018 or earlier, so I'm guessing everybody who has signed up for HH afterwards was started off with 0 mojo for the ranking rather than 1000? No problem if that's intentional, just seems to be a kinda weird distortion of those standings...I'm currently around 811,000th in the mojo ranking, but once I get past 1000 it looks like I'll instantly jump up by 750,000 spots or so... And the discrepancy between the two displayed values presumably shouldn't be there even if the 0-mojo start was intended.

I suspect, there is more behind it. I started the game last monday and I know, that I didn't gather ~2800 Mojo since then, so the 'Current Mojo'-value is bogus. But it is apparently taken into account, when the wins and losses are calculated. Today I lost 28 Mojo against one and gained 15 Mojo against another opponent who both were far over 10.000 positions higher than me in the Mojo-ranking.If this is really due to the wrong 'Current Mojo', it leads to a massive distortion in the whole gameplay, as those who are concerned by this bug will lose more often (facing stronger opponents) and gain less Gold and items (and for those who care: less Mojo).

Can somebody confirm this?

The ranking isn't a reliable guide because of this issue. New players do start off with 1000 points in the "Current Mojo" field, but with 0 in the ranking. And yeah, PvP awards appear to be calculated based on Current Mojo, not on what's reflected in the ranking. If you lost 28 mojo (= would have gained 4 if won) against a player higher up the ranking, then that's likely an "old" player whose ranking isn't affected by the problem. Your rank is artificially low, because it's missing 1000 points. The system treated you as the match favourite based on the rank you should be having.

Anyway, IMHO the ranking display is the problem, Current Mojo is fine - all players start(ed) off with 1000 points there, the old players by getting reset last month, while new players have it as their starting value.

Edited by shalalin
  • Thanks 1

Well, nothing has changed yet...

I'm trying to create a highly competitive character, spend my gold on maxing the stats (which are a sad joke compared to the effects of a handful of 'rainbow'-items) and end up as 'mojo-cattle' for the established players.  Couldn't they simply display a 'F*ck off, new players!'-banner?

The error (it's NOT a bug, but an example of bad design) is that stupid, that I hoped, they would fix it soon - if not out of sheer embarrassment.

Do I miss something, or shouldn't the leaderboard-mojo simply be a representation of 'Current Mojo' at a given time? Add 1000 to 'Current Mojo', wait for the next table update, sync the values and DO NOT manipulate the results anymore. It actually takes more effort to make it wrong. Or is it just me being stupid again? What am I missing?

22 minutes ago, Harem Krishna said:

Well, nothing has changed yet...

I'm trying to create a highly competitive character, spend my gold on maxing the stats (which are a sad joke compared to the effects of a handful of 'rainbow'-items) and end up as 'mojo-cattle' for the established players.  Couldn't they simply display a 'F*ck off, new players!'-banner?

The error (it's NOT a bug, but an example of bad design) is that stupid, that I hoped, they would fix it soon - if not out of sheer embarrassment.

Do I miss something, or shouldn't the leaderboard-mojo simply be a representation of 'Current Mojo' at a given time? Add 1000 to 'Current Mojo', wait for the next table update, sync the values and DO NOT manipulate the results anymore. It actually takes more effort to make it wrong. Or is it just me being stupid again? What am I missing?

The quickest way of getting bugs fixed is by sending an e-mail to contact-hh@hentaiheroes.com explaining the bug and providing a screenshot of it.
Please report it that way.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The quickest way of getting bugs fixed is by sending an e-mail to contact-hh@hentaiheroes.com explaining the bug and providing a screenshot of it.
Please report it that way.

Thx for the reply, but I do you really think, that issue has gone unnoticed?

Maybe a board in the forum could help here, something like 'Support and Bug report'? A glance at the topics from time to time, a little 'acknowledged'-note - or simply a 'F*ck off, bug reporters!'-banner.

Honestly, this board here suggests to be the appropriate input channel, @itslarrythecableguy reported the issue two weeks ago, screen-shot and all. It does not seem to be a matter of awareness, but of motivation.

4 minutes ago, Harem Krishna said:

Thx for the reply, but I do you really think, that issue has gone unnoticed?

Maybe a board in the forum could help here, something like 'Support and Bug report'? A glance at the topics from time to time, a little 'acknowledged'-note - or simply a 'F*ck off, bug reporters!'-banner.

Honestly, this board here suggests to be the appropriate input channel, @itslarrythecableguy reported the issue two weeks ago, screen-shot and all. It does not seem to be a matter of awareness, but of motivation.

Yes, this is the appropriate channel for this.
However, they have a small team, and things go unnoticed on the forum.
The e-mails they in principle read every working day (monday-friday), whereas the forum already is not that well visited by the devs.
It's inconvenient, but I unfortunately cannot help that.
All I can do is try to bring the forum and team Kinkoid a bit closer together.

17 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Yes, this is the appropriate channel for this.
However, they have a small team, and things go unnoticed on the forum.
The e-mails they in principle read every working day (monday-friday), whereas the forum already is not that well visited by the devs.
It's inconvenient, but I unfortunately cannot help that.
All I can do is try to bring the forum and team Kinkoid a bit closer together.

Thanks again, I do appreciate your moderation, but I'll stick to the standard procedure...

Your points are valid - as long as we are talking about some community driven, non-profit project. But this is a commercial product, the vendor provides a channel for suggestions and complaints and - surprise - suggestions and complaints are placed there. There is no room for 'due to the team being so small'-excuses, it's no rocket science to set up notifications for new forum entries (= send a mail to devs). A piece of cake for any advanced user, not to mention a software developer. It's a matter of indifference (if I don't monitor the feedback channels I provide myself) or incompetence (if I am incapable to do so).

I hope, you are taking no offense, Chthugha, it's not you I am addressing with my criticism :)

Totally.  It's not like this forum is freaking blowing up.  I logged in to the forums today after almost 4 days of inactivity.  It took me about 30 minutes to read through ALL of the new posts.  I don't care how small your team is.  If you can't spare 10 minutes per day for someone to look at the forums, then your priorities aren't in order.  If that's the case, you should shut the forums down.

Hell, Chthugha doesn't seem to be overwhelmed with monitoring the forums, and he is so damn on it that he has the whole community pissing themselves that they might post a wrong picture or say something off-topic.  Here's an idea - hire Chthugha to be the public relations rep, at least he's shown that he gives a crap, which is more than we've ever seen from the dev team.

By the way, dev team, that's all we want.  Just to know that you give a crap.

I think you are both missing the point.
The team is overloaded with work, and evidently the forum (and even the English discord server, the French gets a bit more attention than we do) is on the bottom of the list of tasks.
Jessie's main job is PR of Kinkoid. That involves a lot of stuff, that has nothing to do with the community.
Her secondary task is looking after the patrons, because they bring in the money.
And then it's the CM stuff on the discord server and the forum.
That's clearly too much already.

You can make the same arguments for every other member of the team.
In the end of the day the discord and forum community is just a small part of the player base, so it's only logical they first look at the sent in reports of bugs, compared to the few posts on the forum/in the discord servers.

That's the reason I tell everyone from now on that it's better to send in bug reports through that e-mail address than to post it here on the forum.
You can be stubborn and not do it, but that doesn't make the bug go away any sooner.

Now the thing I am trying to do, is to make them come on the forum more, and to be open about everything.
I'm just as frustrated about how they (don't) communicate as anybody else, and that already was the case before there even was a forum.
I'll have another talk with Jessie next week, and try to make it clear how important it is to first make a real feedback post about the legendary days event with Levitya.

21 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Now the thing I am trying to do, is to make them come on the forum more, and to be open about everything.
I'm just as frustrated about how they (don't) communicate as anybody else, and that already was the case before there even was a forum.
I'll have another talk with Jessie next week, and try to make it clear how important it is to first make a real feedback post about the legendary days event with Levitya.

Thank you, Chthugha.  You should show Jessie your post above, because it illustrates almost exactly what the community wants and deserves from the dev team regarding these forums.

1) You read the forum, saw a post that you felt needed a response, and responded (within 20 minutes!  That's above and beyond the call of duty).

2) You addressed the problem and explained the reasons behind it.  Now, the community can choose to accept the reason or not, but at least you addressed the concern.

3) You made it clear what you were going to do to try and help the problem.  You didn't say "that" you were going to address it, you said explicitly "how" you were going to address it.

4) You made it clear in your post that you gave a shit.  Jessie's posts often look like they are written by a robot.

If these 4 points were addressed by the dev team, most of the issues that the player base have will go away:

1) Pay attention to what we post

2) Address problems and own mistakes (everyone makes them)

2) Be transparent (SAYING you are transparent is not BEING transparent)

3) Give a shit.

• Like 1