awful droprates

With Donatien I haven't had much luck for quite a while now;  I managed to get Pelagie, but afterwards it just looks like an eternity of trying without any more drops. Strangely Silvanus proved to be much easier an opponent; it didn't take that long to get all three girls from him.

Edited by 7243
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gacek said:

hello i see now must doo max levewl boss and after this he starts drops girls.

They can drop from the boss before the boss gets to max level.
You just need good luck in getting them to drop.

first boss dark lord ,ninja spy and grunt give me fast girls but edwarda ,donatien ,silvanus i must max level this boss and after this drop girls.

now i battle with bremen and doo him full level 210 and give me 1/3girls.

6 hours ago, Gacek said:

first boss dark lord ,ninja spy and grunt give me fast girls but edwarda ,donatien ,silvanus i must max level this boss and after this drop girls.

now i battle with bremen and doo him full level 210 and give me 1/3girls.

I got two from Donnie after about 2 weeks back to back. I got only one from Silvanus and Eddie and half way through Bremen and got nothing yet.

Oh I avoid events, so that is playing those levels a lot.

It seems the 2 from Eddie was a fluke and at least for me, I can expect about 1 every 3 to 4 weeks or one per level.

Which means it will take about 1.5 years after I finish the school level before I nab all the other boss girls and can start hitting epic panchiko unless I

1: Give up on the game

2: Give up on waiting to clear all the girls and just start epic panchiko damn the wastefulness.

Edited by Some other guy

Dark Lord = 3 possible girls.  I have all 3.  I had all 3 of his girls very early in the Ninja Village.  At that point of the game, I think a drop rate like that is too high, especially considering you have 4 brand new starter girls when entering Gems Kingdom (hell, I hardly even had any combativity at that level).  If you have nothing to work for, the game becomes stale.

Ninja Spy, Gruntt, Edwarda, Donatien, Silvanus, Bremen = 18 possible girls.  I have a TOTAL of 4 out of 18.  That, I believe, is just too low.  I know it's RNG.  And no, I do not want stupid high drop rates.  I like that girls are rare and I do think it is exciting when you finally get a girl.  But I read 5 new posts every week where people are asking if the game is broken because girls just don't drop.

I believe that the combination of hidden drop rates and excruciatingly low drop success significantly frustrates the majority of the player base.  A revealed drop rate would help a lot, even if it's super low.  At least players could see their drop chance slowly increasing with each failure (so they know the game is at least working correctly).

Edited by YoyoHH
  • Like 1

Well. It's very clear that the drop rates were nerfed. I think happen a bug or something since the BIGGEST update of the year(arena's stuffs) and the drop rates became too much high,and I mean reeeeeally high,me for example got 4 boss girls in 2-3weeks. So I think they changed something. They even wrote a message,on the game news. But I think no one really know exactly what they change. Because is a fact. I'm battling with bremem for more than 3 weeks and nothing

Nothing is going on here.
Drop rates have always been low, and they'll always stay low.

Most new players get confused because Dark Lord gives up the girls easily.
That's not the norm, that's the exception to the norm.

I suggest you get used to grinding bosses for a while before getting all his girls.

13 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Nothing is going on here.
Drop rates have always been low, and they'll always stay low.

Most new players get confused because Dark Lord gives up the girls easily.
That's not the norm, that's the exception to the norm.

I suggest you get used to grinding bosses for a while before getting all his girls.

It seems a bit excessive though and my guess it that it drives  a lot of people away from the game considering how many complaints it generates.

I am not saying it should be high, but it's just too low now. Double plus so when you have all these events running also.

7 hours ago, Some other guy said:

It seems a bit excessive though and my guess it that it drives  a lot of people away from the game considering how many complaints it generates.

I am not saying it should be high, but it's just too low now. Double plus so when you have all these events running also.

That just makes it more clear that the Dark Lord drop rates are the problem.
It sets an expectation, that cannot be met in later worlds, which in turn drives players away.

I know this won't be a popular idea, but I think the Dark Lord drop rates should in fact go down, to be closer to the drop rates of the other villains.
These are regular girls, and you will have more than enough time to get them all anyway.
They aren't going anywhere.

With respect to the event girls: there shouldn't be a reason you wouldn't be able to get them in the two weeks provided.
The revival events are cutting it close with just a week, but even there you will have an excellent change of getting them.

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

With respect to the event girls: there shouldn't be a reason you wouldn't be able to get them in the two weeks provided.
The revival events are cutting it close with just a week, but even there you will have an excellent change of getting them.

What I mean is that if you spend that time slumming it to get the event girls and revival girls, the normal boss drops would go from once every 2 to 4 weeks to once every 2 to 4 months. Which is bad enough but for those of us waiting to clear the bosses of their girls before doing Epic Panchinko, it pretty much would mean never doing Epic Panchinko. There are many of us in that boat.

Myself I'll live. I am focused on 5 starting Fairy and my new Legend girl and I got plenty of other 5 star girls to level up. So I'll keep grinding away at the top level boss to get that 1 girl a month [sigh]. However at some point I am going to find it very dismotivating.

It would bug me to no end to get boss girls from Epic Panchiko what I should be getting from boss drops because they just won't drop and I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years before using Epic Panchiko.

I don't think the problem is that DL drops too much setting expectations. I don't think spending a month on a level and getting 1 girl is a reasonable expectation, a whole month, there should be a bit more payoff then that. Going to events means getting pretty much no boss drop girls until you finish all levels and keep going back for that 1 every three or four months and not having the resources to level them up.

If I knew from the start that you could pound a boss for a whole month and only get 1 girl, I don't think I would have bothered to start playing at all, and I am not really a collector focus person.

Considering how many  people are complaining, people at SlimAnus, Bremen and Finalwhatsherface levels who probably forgot all about DL levels as that was many months ago, it's a bit of a problem from both a theory point of view and an practical point of view.

3 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

What I mean is that if you spend that time slumming it to get the event girls and revival girls, the normal boss drops would go from once every 2 to 4 weeks to once every 2 to 4 months. Which is bad enough but for those of us waiting to clear the bosses of their girls before doing Epic Panchinko, it pretty much would mean never doing Epic Panchinko. There are many of us in that boat.

Myself I'll live. I am focused on 5 starting Fairy and my new Legend girl and I got plenty of other 5 star girls to level up. So I'll keep grinding away at the top level boss to get that 1 girl a month [sigh]. However at some point I am going to find it very dismotivating.

It would bug me to no end to get boss girls from Epic Panchiko what I should be getting from boss drops because they just won't drop and I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years before using Epic Panchiko.

I don't think the problem is that DL drops too much setting expectations. I don't think spending a month on a level and getting 1 girl is a reasonable expectation, a whole month, there should be a bit more payoff then that. Going to events means getting pretty much no boss drop girls until you finish all levels and keep going back for that 1 every three or four months and not having the resources to level them up.

If I knew from the start that you could pound a boss for a whole month and only get 1 girl, I don't think I would have bothered to start playing at all, and I am not really a collector focus person.

Considering how many  people are complaining, people at SlimAnus, Bremen and Finalwhatsherface levels who probably forgot all about DL levels as that was many months ago, it's a bit of a problem from both a theory point of view and an practical point of view.

I can honestly say that the drop system became better than before.
Before february there was no drop system other than: if you have more than x regular girls, you will get 1 girl after a month.
There was no way to get one in between.
And others have reported the same regularity as well.

On my 2nd account I got: 1 on september 25th, 1 on october 29th (because of revival), 1 on november 25th, 1 on december 25th and then 1 on january 24th.
It was very consistent, and didn't really make any sense.
Since then I got 1 on february 14th, 1 on march 31st, 1 on april 13th, 1 on april 20th and 1 on april 30th.
After the first one I did have a rather long spell of nothing, but since then I've had 4 in a month.
That was impossible before the patches, meaning that if you needed a certain amount of girls, it would've taken you that amount of months.
And yes, on my 2nd account I do all events, because that one started july last year.
Since february I also got Loving Bunny, Loving Lupa, Val Red Battler, Val Abraël, Nicole, Pooky, Spring Shehera, Levitya, Iron Viola, Hildr, Rabbi, Hari. Nuladva and Lemia.
So only missing out on Spring Rumiko.

Now I know my own experience is not a representative for the whole community, but I'm not the only one reporting a good amount of drops.
You just got to get past the rough part, that everyone will face in a random system.
It's not the drop rate that's the problem, but the expectations people have.
Whether it is early on, or because they got lucky before and it happens around world 6.

It really is all about luck, but I don't think there's something wrong with the drop rate.

• Thanks 1

I am not questioning events, I almost never do them and based on what others say, they are a bit all over the place. It's the boss drops I am concerned about.

I don't consider the expectations of being able to get more than one girl after grinding a level and running 48 boss combats a day for the 3 to 5 weeks it takes to finish a level to be excessive.

Double plus so considering that many people get the impression that dropping girls is a central feature of the game. I just don't get how expecting more than 1 girl out of three to drop if you focus all your attention on a boss to be excessive. Maybe not 3, but I think it would be reasonable to expect 2 to 3 to drop in the time it takes to finish a level if you are not being distracted by events.

Also there is luck but there are limits to that also. As I understand it bosses have mercy rules but those rules are obviously not high enough.

I'd also suggest there is a need for mercy rules on event girls. 50 pages of bitching and moaning on the legend threat would seem to me that it isn't an unreasonable expectation.

If it was based on rolling a 20 on a d20, pure luck is fine. If it is a 1 on a d1000 the math of the playing experience ends up being very different. Again 50 pages of complaining should mean something.

It's pretty bad when you have a player like me who is more focused on 5 staring and who got legend girl with a fairly cheap 700/4200 or so kobans is pointing this out.

Again, it's all down to false expectations (which in my eyes are put there by the high drop rates of Dark Lord, and maybe Ninja Spy as well).

It's not a rushing game, the girls will come when they come.
I don't think this is that big of an issue.
It was an issue on the Levitya event, but only because of false expectations (not going into detail there, I want to stay moderator :P).

Maybe this is my bias from being a veteran, but in my eyes you should adept to the game first, before trying to make the game adept to you.
You can obviously make suggestions about how to improve on everything (something like a guaranteed girl if the villain hits the maximum level).
However, this is not something to make such a big deal of, unlike not replying to the feedback on the legendary days events.
It's a mild annoyance, until they suddenly get 3 girls in a couple of weeks, and then the drop rate must have been adjusted.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree on this topic.
It has been drawn out for too long now already.

I agree with Chthugha that the game is designed to be drawn out and I do not necessarily believe the drop rates need to be increased.  Think about it.  If you were able to quickly and easily acquire all the girls, then everyone would just complain that they can't level them up.  If money is made easier and all your girls are fully upgraded, then there is nothing to do and the game is boring.  Slowly acquiring the girls over time gives the game its draw, and when you do acquire a new girl it makes it so much more satisfying an experience.

That being said, there is a tremendous amount of frustration from the community over the inability to acquire girls, and I'll count myself among those frustrated.  But I don't necessarily think everyone is pissed over the low drop rates, they're pissed over the lack of information and lack of progression.  I believe that Kinkoid can keep the drop rates super low and ALSO make the majority of the players happier by doing two very simple and reasonable things:

1) Post the drop rates.  It's been asked for a thousand times and I have yet to hear any possible reason why these numbers are kept hidden from the community.  Put a % number next to the rewards girls section of the battle screen.  Even if this number is stupid low, the players will be ecstatic when they see it slowly increasing over time.

2) Put in a mercy rule.  The 100% luck-based model is what makes everyone mad.  Nobody is mad that Levitya wasn't easy to drop.  Everyone was mad that getting her was based on luck, regardless of how dedicated you were to the game or how many kobans you spent.  Keep the luck-based drop model, but set a super high guarantee drop point.  The girls will still drop based upon luck, but you prevent people from ridiculous unlucky streaks.  Set a guarantee drop at 1,000 fights, or 2,000.  Whatever.  But set a guarantee drop point and put a counter next to the boss.

If the devs were to do these 2 things then everyone would be happy, despite the fact that almost nothing in the game would change.  People would still NOT get the girls quickly, but with visible information and a progressive goal, nobody would complain.  These suggestions have been made before, and unfortunately, I have ZERO faith that the dev team will read this, think about this, or implement anything like this.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, haremking1 said:

man i am battling donatien for almost a month daily and get nothing

My experience with Donatien is quite similar. But when I returned to battle Gruntt during the current event, he's suddenly been awfully nice to me. While I tried to get Lemia, in the end he dropped not only her, but also had added the Housemaid and Miss Spook as extras. This way I got three girls in three days, and that's certainly much more than I would have expected. After this streak of luck I guess I'll be a little bit more patient with Donatien now - at least for a while.