spend energy when its not possible

I thought the system was supposed to block out the quests that require spend energy or gain experience when you were at the furthest in the story that you can go ? for over a week now every time the quests reset I have at least one that requires me to gain exp (only through pvp battles or daily quests are my options) and spending energy (when I don't have any options there) .

I thought when the plains opened there was a fix and that was why we had the donation quests become available to replace those that cant effectively be competed in . I don't mind loosing in a fair system but being paired up with those who have options I do not is not a fair system . And before I hear that everyone is paired with people in the same situation I want to point out that I never miss a quest and was rank 26 and lost by over 30,000 points . so unless someone spend 24 kobans for max of 27 points in pvp battle for well over 30,000 points just to win 114 kobans , I don't think is likely , much less 20 other people .

simple reply to this is: nope, you were wrong thinking that.

longer reply is that the spending energy part of the few contests that exist with that in it, is never the deciding factor, because the other ways of gaining points in those contests earn you way more points anyway.

31 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

longer reply is that the spending energy part of the few contests that exist with that in it, is never the deciding factor, because the other ways of gaining points in those contests earn you way more points anyway.

It is very often the deciding factor. Consider the current ranking of a pervert mind in in a sane body contest i am in:

pervert-mind.png.4385787deeee7e5590b7675beeece5e6.png

As you can see, despite the score being dominated by XP, the point differences are small enough that the energy gained would have a great effect on ranking.

7 minutes ago, Kassander said:

It is very often the deciding factor. Consider the current ranking of a pervert mind in in a sane body contest i am in:

pervert-mind.png.4385787deeee7e5590b7675beeece5e6.png

As you can see, despite the score being dominated by XP, the point differences are small enough that the energy gained would have a great effect on ranking.

One can spend 8x24=192 energy a day. all of those contests give 1 point for 1 spent energy.
Even if it's a 4 day contest, it would mean you can just gain an additional 768 points for the contest.
That could've brought you up to 3rd place, but it's not enough for the 5th place to overtake you with it.
And because 3rd and 4th are in the same reward slot, it doesn't matter for you.

Yes, it will decide a contest every now and then, but to really get an advantage out of the spending energy part of those contests, you will have to spend kobans on energy refills.
One can never compete with people spending more kobans than they can win.
That's a constant factor you have to take into account in every contest.

Another point to take into account is that players with a similar level are most likely at a similar point in the story.
That means that when you cannot spend energy anymore, most of your opponents will face the same problem.

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

One can spend 8x24=192 energy a day. all of those contests give 1 point for 1 spent energy.
Even if it's a 4 day contest, it would mean you can just gain an additional 768 points for the contest.
That could've brought you up to 3rd place, but it's not enough for the 5th place to overtake you with it.
And because 3rd and 4th are in the same reward slot, it doesn't matter for you.

Yes, it will decide a contest every now and then, but to really get an advantage out of the spending energy part of those contests, you will have to spend kobans on energy refills.
One can never compete with people spending more kobans than they can win.
That's a constant factor you have to take into account in every contest.

Another point to take into account is that players with a similar level are most likely at a similar point in the story.
That means that when you cannot spend energy anymore, most of your opponents will face the same problem.

Actually it is 2 points per energy , I have that quest also , 2 points per energy spent and 1 point per experience gained , that quest is a downside in both factors for those who cant quest vs those who can , in my case there is a 20k difference between where I am and first because you cant gain experience from spending energy as others can in the story when you have no story to do ...

So if I am understanding you , and its not just a misspoken deal like the 1 energy per point was . That in a nutshell , the game is designed that once you go as far as you can in the story to not be compeditive in the quest . Since at max story you no longer have the ability to gain exp from story mode like anyone else who hasn't maxed the story , and you cannot spend energy , so unless you get lucky to get a quest that doesn't require one of those two factors if not both you cant realy compete on the same level . This in turns limits the koban you can essentialy earn and thus drives you twards having to buy kobans . Does that sound more accurate?

I want to make it clear I am not criticizing you or trying to be a troll , I am looking for answers to if its a bug , a design flaw , or if it is working as intended . I understand that this game exhists to make the creators money and I recognize that as such , we as players wouldn't be here if it wasn't a good idea to begin with , Its a more adult version of pokemon for a lack of better example , we gotta collect all the girls and want to compete to be number one , and its story driven , sound about right? I would rather have a honest answer I don't like then some bs runaround and doubletalk , or a answer that isn't even obviously correct , A honest answer that I don't like I can at least respect . That also goes for a lot of the players asking about drop % of girls . We are not stupid , we know this is here to generate money , so just be honest and let us know where we stand rather then to keep frustrating people trying to keep them in the dark .

Edited by Dirk Diggler

Well, the thing is that I have never faced problems finishing high in those contests.
There is the sporadic player finishing ahead of me that could still do story mode.
The thing is that in the one with the fights, they will lose to the person further ahead in the story, because that person can battle the latest villain.
The one with experience gained as well usually goes to the highest level, because that player simply gets way more xp from the daily missions.
The one with girl experience goes to the player using the most books.
In my experience the energy used is only a small bonus good for maybe 1 place difference, in some cases 2 because of a close contest.
As a player I don't see a problem here.

I cannot speak for Kinkoid and what their thought process is though.
I am merely the forum moderator.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chthugha said:

As a player I don't see a problem here.

I am merely the forum moderator.

Yet, as moderator, you advocate for players.  Right?  -smiles-  Unless the Commies or darkside got you!!  haha.  

The original poster @Dirk Digglerpresents a real problem.  What happens in contests for those of us 'on stop'.

Some player, competing with me, spend E in the story line (for contest points) and receive numerous and generous opportunities to gain rewards of really large clavos of XP (leaving me behind).

We all know how leaving my behind works out? 

The energy/xp contests are really the only ones that hurt people who have finished the game. But the xp from the storymode is pretty limited in the later stories anyway. End game players have much greater advantages over earlier game players in every other contests by a lot. The xp contests will most likely go to the highest lv players because of the increased xp per lv from dailies. But there is also a luck factor involved with that contest thanks to the daily pvp rewards as if someone gets xp as their first prize every day of the contest they'll likely end up winning.

Though I would like to have something to do with my excess energy. Even if its something as small as converting 25 energy into a 25 affection item.

• Like 1