Bad odds; or what is the AI thinking?

MisterCat

Take a look at the attached picture.

5b158d102b009_badodds.jpg.fb0a0ad95f03b66b37d7663b404c7e49.jpg

According the AI, I'm a 31:1 favorite  (based on mojo won/lost always adds up to 32.  In this fight I win 1 mojo, and risk 31 mojo)

My opponent has me by 13k ego  He has me by 4k major stat, and since we're both charm, that's the only one that counts.  His attack power is about 4k greater. The one place where I might have an advantage is unity.

Normally I wouldn't even touch this fight, it's pretty obvious that I'm going to get creamed...not even close. 

Yet the AI has me as a heavy favorite, and I don't understand how that could possibly be.

Just as an experiment, I ran the battle.   As expected I got slaughtered.  He had 24k ego left at the end.

My conclusions:

1)  Devs (AI) think unity is a bigger deal than it really is

2)  AI lies to you about odds.  Don't trust it (not sure why it should be programmed this way)

3)  Fights are stacked against you to keep you from getting daily quest prizes (probably but this one battle doesn't actually demonstrate that fact.)

What do you all think?

You need to check all the numbers and I'm convinced that the lvl is also important, whatever anybody says.

The % number is based on know-how stat and it means only how much of a chance your girl has to triggering a special ability, it has nothing to do with the chance of winning.

And since recently I lose a lot less mojo than I used to.

And you're not so much of a favourite because of the stats, that would be a bit hard to implement and calculate. The difference in mojo won/lost is based on your ToF placing.

Edited by sentinel003

We are still patiently waiting for a developer response on this pretty terrible mechanic.  As hahero stated, this thread will explain a bit about how arena opponents are chosen and how your mojo reward/loss is calculated.