Patch Notes 13/06/18 Discussion

Not passionate about the patch

I didn't need to know these extra details that the devs want us to know about their girls, which are not real girls. They had to spend a lot of time creating these details, and they did it because they are passionate about these figments of their imagination that are drawn onto a piece of paper or tablet. Nothing wrong with being passionate about your efforts, unless it causes problems with other aspects of the game that the customers don't want affected.

The lag created by the new interface loading all the unavailable girls is not a positive step forward in playability. The increased information about the girls makes it feel like I'm on a dating site, and I'm not playing this game to date the artwork. The concept of having a harem and them giving me money appeals to the fantasy of being a pimp, and that's why I play this game. I understand that some players are ok with being sensitive and caring towards completely imaginary girls, and this patch probably appeals to them much more than I. But when all that information isn't optional and must be downloaded and shown every single time I go back to the Harem tab, it slows down my gameplay, and that's never a good development

The only thing I like is the darkness of the Harem tab now. It's less bright and easier on my eyes, but that's not enough to tip the balance in favor of a good grade for this patch, nor is it enough to raise my level of passion for the game. 

• Like 2

So, during the testing phase I already pointed out that they should do something about not remembering your preferred settings.

They were going to look at that.

Apart from that, I don't encounter all the problems other encounter with loading time.
It's faster for me on both mobile and laptop ^_^

After playing with it a while, theres definitely some performance issues.  Hopefully the js can be optimised.  Having saved prefs and not laying out the page until after checking them would probably help.   At the moment it loads the default layout then checks after, Eg the girls appear first as a list, then they change to tiles.  I don't play on my phone, so I imagine its a lot worse for some people.

• Like 1

On my phone the game was barely playable even before the patch. Just collecting money from 10 girls could take up to half an hour and most of the time everything would just crash. With this patch at least the harem part has probably become completely unplayable, but I don't play on my phone anyway. On PC, both my Internet connection (15MB/s) and my CPU (i7 something)  are blazing fast. Still loading and browser freezing issues. It's the fault of JavaScript. JS sucks. Also, even if my download speed is alright, if the server of the game can't keep up it won't do any good.

That's why, muh, minimalism is so appealing on the web: http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sinner said:

On my phone the game was barely playable even before the patch. Just collecting money from 10 girls could take up to half an hour and most of the time everything would just crash. With this patch at least the harem part has probably become completely unplayable, but I don't play on my phone anyway. On PC, both my Internet connection (15MB/s) and my CPU (i7 something)  are blazing fast. Still loading and browser freezing issues. It's the fault of JavaScript. JS sucks. Also, even if my download speed is alright, if the server of the game can't keep up it won't do any good.

That's why, muh, minimalism is so appealing on the web: http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

I approve this link B|

• Like 2

On 6/13/2018 at 10:40 PM, comastar said:

Oh, -beep-, why would i want to load the girls i dont have, in the front page?

On 6/13/2018 at 10:51 PM, HaremHero said:

agreed, its okay to have list of girls in wiki but not in harem which i consider "girls that i currently owned"

yes. that is exactly my point.

• Like 1

Like the update overall. I like the little tidbits of information we get about the girls now and some of their actual names, and that its not blinding white. I do think that having girls load that I don't have though could be done without since it takes time and I don't need it.

• Like 1

Why does it shows the girls we don't own by default? What players wanted was something to help manage the harem, and not the opposite.

I just wanted a thing to organize the girls and you added stuff that wasn't needed. Super confusing to utilize and most importantly, even even to collect money without spending Kobans.

I still have no idea how to upgrade a girl besides going through Market option instead. I searched around the menus and no chance.

A thing to organize the girls by name, genre or freely was more than enough... The information is a nice add up but besides that there is options that we don't need.

Not a fan at all of the patch. Super confusing to use, at least to me. I understand it's early days and you'll maybe adapt, yet a bad patch imo.

Having several confusing options doesn't mean good management. Good managements means simplicity and easy tools to use. Seemed way better on teaser than live.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, by no means I mean to, and I know you just wanna please your playerbase, but I'm very disapointed about it. It should help the management, however it did it way worse.

Edited by ToMadeira
  • Like 4

Snooping a bit through the revamped harem page data, it's interesting to see that some girls are coded as belonging to a particular world, even though they only make peripheral appearances in the story there and are actually available for the harem through different means (events or pachinko). E.g. Cora the mermaid is attached to world 1, while Nicole and Pooky (the King's haremettes) and Victoria (the guard) are attached to world 2. Girls without any story appearances are coded 20 instead.

I wonder if that's going to become meaningful (the search fields don't key on that currently, but on a different parameter), or if it's just an internal thing.

To those experiencing lots of lag on the harem page, i found if you go to search mode then scroll through to collect money it doesn't try and process all the girls data first each time, so it ends up working at the speed it used to for collecting (if you don't have a monthly pass to just auto-collect)

Its not bad. Unfortunately I just used something I read on the forum here:

and it doesn't work on the page lol. But its actually really good for getting to bosses in less clicks. I have had many gripes on the forum about changes but I have to say that I actually really like the way this looks. Pretty cool update. Nice job to the game creators. 

Edited by test_user
  • Like 1

Not Recruited Girls.

This is a perfect example where OPTIONS are best used. While I suggest the use of TABs to make their home, if there was an Option, either in the Harem Interface, or the global Settings page, then each player can customize what they want for their Game Play Experience. Some what to see the Not Recruited Girls by default, some do not.

Of course, the game also needs to REMEMBER the option settings wherever it is implemented.

There are other places Options would be useful, but this seems the most pressing one at this time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sinner said:

8 hours ago, Sinner said:

that's fucking hilarious. sadly it's more true than ever.

4 hours ago, test_user said:

Its not bad. Unfortunately I just used something I read on the forum here:

and it doesn't work on the page lol. But its actually really good for getting to bosses in less clicks. I have had many gripes on the forum about changes but I have to say that I actually really like the way this looks. Pretty cool update. Nice job to the game creators. 

that thing is community made. so don't be so hasty. the current maintainer posted in the discord that a new version is out for harem v2, so you should be fine after updating.

Edited by Habi

I was really looking forward to this update, but having it tested now makes me wish to switch back to the old harem. Don't misunderstand me, I do like the appearance of the new harem, some of the new features it has, the additional info about the girs and in general I admire the effort devs put into this. Thanks for that.

Buuuuut: The harem should be also functional. And the main function is collecting the money. That's where the shit hits the fan. As tab-collect doesn't work for me anymore (tried FF, ME, IE) I have the options to click down the list similar to the old harem to collect the money or use the grid-style. Compared to old harem option a) became worse because the new harem doesn't scroll very smooth and even stucks while trying to click for the money and scroll. Yap, loading girls every click and performance doesn't go along. OK, Option b), the grid. Much more girls clickable without having to scroll seems to be a nice thing and should make the whole task faster and easier, right? Well … it should, but it does not, at least not for me. I can't click the girls icons in a reasonable speed because if I click to fast (which is not very) it won't collect cuz it lags. Same if you click on some girls in a row and happen to hit one of the many floating money icons. In the end I always do the whole clickadiclac just to find out that I have several girls missed to collect and then the funny "find-the-difference" begins when I try to spot the tiny money-icons preferably hidden on the grey background of common girls to get all of the money. Annoying.

Combined with several other points mentioned already (e.g. the long pause on startup) it might be a good idea to split the whole thing into an informational part where lags and poor performance don't matter because if I want to look something up I have time anyways and an all-day-working part optimized for the things I need to run my harem without any hindering payload.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Apart from that, I don't encounter all the problems other encounter with loading time.

It's faster for me on both mobile and laptop ^_^

Seems to be more the exception than the norm.

The game for everyone in general is now more laggy in the Harem screen. It sometimes is so slow that connection to the server is lost.

This effectively makes the game unplayable.

• Like 2