Patch Notes 13/06/18 Discussion

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

That was more of a general average of costs.
So in the new system at 75 girls, you would on average need 10% less to pay for all upgrades.
With 100 girls, you will need 33% less to pay for all upgrades on average.

It's not a direct discount, just a long term discount on average.

Do those discounts still apply?

Since the rarity update and the layout of the new upgrade costs, I haven't noticed any discount despite having more than 75 girls.

1 hour ago, Eman said:

Do those discounts still apply?

Since the rarity update and the layout of the new upgrade costs, I haven't noticed any discount despite having more than 75 girls.

Not a real discount, and 10% is on average.
If you happen to have a lot of the epic/legendary type of girls, your cost will most likely have gone up.
Especially the two 5-star legendary girls can have gone up in costs immensely.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Not a real discount, and 10% is on average.
If you happen to have a lot of the epic/legendary type of girls, your cost will most likely have gone up.
Especially the two 5-star legendary girls can have gone up in costs immensely.

But from that update 23/05 patch, we got that a rare girl like Cave Laverne would cost 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000 to get her to 3 stars. Well, it turns out that, despite having more than those 75 girls, that's the money I had to spend to upgrade her. So, where's the 10% discount?

58 minutes ago, Eman said:

But from that update 23/05 patch, we got that a rare girl like Cave Laverne would cost 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000 to get her to 3 stars. Well, it turns out that, despite having more than those 75 girls, that's the money I had to spend to upgrade her. So, where's the 10% discount?

What they meant was, if you have more than 75 girls, Cave Laverne now costs you on average 10% less than it would have cost you before the patch.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ben9 said:

What they meant was, if you have more than 75 girls, Cave Laverne now costs you on average 10% less than it would have cost you before the patch.

Thanks, but I already know that.

What I'm saying is that, since that patch and the introduction of the rarity stat, all the girls of a certain rarity kind cost the same to upgrade unlike before, where each new girl increased the costs. Now, the thing here is that the base cost of upgrade was outlined in that patch and yet, despite me having more than 75 girls, I'm paying what that patch said.

Or, to put in in another way: given that the base cost is 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000, we gat that

• a player with less than 75 girls should pay 100% of that, so 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000 credits
  • a player with more than 75 girls should have a 10% discount, or pay 90% of the base cost, meaning 194.400, 486.000 and 1.215.000 credits

Given that I have more than 75 girls, why did I have to pay the 100% of the cost, and not the 90%? My theory is that I payed the whole amount be cause the discounts are no longer in effect since the update.

And to be clear, I don't care if I have to pay all or part of it. It's not real money. My only concern is people still saying that the discounts are on when my observation is that they aren't.

• Thinking 2

4 minutes ago, Eman said:

Thanks, but I already know that.

What I'm saying is that, since that patch and the introduction of the rarity stat, all the girls of a certain rarity kind cost the same to upgrade unlike before, where each new girl increased the costs. Now, the thing here is that the base cost of upgrade was outlined in that patch and yet, despite me having more than 75 girls, I'm paying what that patch said.

Or, to put in in another way: given that the base cost is 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000, we gat that

• a player with less than 75 girls should pay 100% of that, so 216.000, 540.000 and 1.350.000 credits
  • a player with more than 75 girls should have a 10% discount, or pay 90% of the base cost, meaning 194.400, 486.000 and 1.215.000 credits

Given that I have more than 75 girls, why did I have to pay the 100% of the cost, and not the 90%? My theory is that I payed the whole amount be cause the discounts are no longer in effect since the update.

And to be clear, I don't care if I have to pay all or part of it. It's not real money. My only concern is people still saying that the discounts are on when my observation is that they aren't.

You seem to be deliberately misunderstanding.

There was never a discount in the traditional sense. The rarity update changed upgrade costs from scaling with number of girls to static and dependant on rarity. The average of the new static prices is about 10% less than what players would before have payed to upgrade girls after their 75th girl. That's what the 10% mean. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BraumII said:

You seem to be deliberately misunderstanding.

There was never a discount in the traditional sense. The rarity update changed upgrade costs from scaling with number of girls to static and dependant on rarity. The average of the new static prices is about 10% less than what players would before have payed to upgrade girls after their 75th girl. That's what the 10% mean. 

I'm not doing anything deliberately. I don't understand certain things and ask for clarifications.

For example, I've heard about those 10 and 33% discounts long before the introduction of the rarity stats, which is the reason I find it hard to see the connection between the two things.

But whatever, I don't really care and I don't want to derail this thread even more.

Latest update really broke game. Game is constatntly crushing every 5-10 min (same goes for PC and phone) and its not smooth like before, there is really big delay between pushing button and expected action.

Also I would really appreciate button in harem which hide girls I dont have.

5 hours ago, Eman said:

I'm not doing anything deliberately. I don't understand certain things and ask for clarifications.

For example, I've heard about those 10 and 33% discounts long before the introduction of the rarity stats, which is the reason I find it hard to see the connection between the two things.

But whatever, I don't really care and I don't want to derail this thread even more.

Well, those discounts don't exist, there was never any intention to introduce them. Just bad communication, i guess.

Anyway, i like this patch, but sure is slightly slower.

2 suggestions: 1) as many others said, don't load all not recruited girls by default and 2) when you organize your harem per grid the collect money icon should be more visible.

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 3

While the new look of the Harem is nice 'n' all that, it doesn't help that it takes so damn long to load up every single time. Furthermore, the filter settings don't get saved, which is slightly inconvenient, especially if you don't want the girls you haven't acquired (yet) not to appear every time you load up your Harem.

Also missing is an option to group the girls according to type by prioritising the order of type appearance. (e.g. All HC followed by all KH followed by all Charm.)

well now it works much smoother than 2 days ago right after update.So basically the only option that is missing IS the ability to save the setting to show   "Recruited girls only" in girls filter Tab. I play @ https://www.hentaiheroes.com/

Considered installing it on my Galaxy Note 8 but recent feedbacks about loading speeds on mobile devices,android version sound too scary to even try.

I am using SurfaceProi7 and gNote8 as my daily drivers,harem tab loading speed has improved recently but still a bit slow 5-7 seconds every 2 hours reload,i have 5g internet, 95Mbit speed and that Tab loading speed is sometimes still freaking me out a little xD

Edited by mMaster

On 15/06/2018 at 10:41 AM, Chthugha said:

That was more of a general average of costs.
So in the new system at 75 girls, you would on average need 10% less to pay for all upgrades.
With 100 girls, you will need 33% less to pay for all upgrades on average.

It's not a direct discount, just a long term discount on average.

I am still alittle confused, Sorry but could you elaborate alittle more please @Chthugha

I understand the general cost for upgrades has lowered, and in the last system, each time you recieve a new girl, the prices would slightly increase .

Can I confirm If am not mistaken your interpretation is that the announcement on 30/04 that @JessieChan put up, players over 75 girls, will on average be spend 10% less on upgrades with the new system compared to the last system. 

Therefore, reaching 75 girls + on the new system, there no further discount for reaching the 75th girl.

On 2018-06-13 at 10:26 AM, dsfs said:

True. What else? Collecting money has been improved a little by the option to display more than 4-5 girls without having to scroll, but then the cash-symbols are so tiny and hard to see that collecting is not really fun either. Besides of that I like the update, even if the harem takes much longer to load now. Still room for improvements, though.

It's on the very contrary worsened it by a long shot, the game's too friggin' laggy thanks to this new harem system.
I agree with you that the collecting is no longer fun, however the update is not to my liking.
A game which in reality should be maximum enjoyable but instead is laggy isn't any fun to play in the very slightest.
I completely agree with you though that there is a huge-ass room for improvements.
Especially were I ever to continue playing this game, so the rest is up to the developers to decide regarding the fat-ass lag.

Sincerely

On 14/06/2018 at 9:48 PM, Daniele said:

Same for me, the tab/enter trick still works with both list and grid form.

I tried on chrome and IE, but nost the time when i press Tab then Enter, it takes me back to home page then if press again, it takes me to profile page.

I did get it to work once, would anyone help me clarify what am doing wrong, thx

On 13/06/2018 at 9:26 AM, dsfs said:

True. What else? Collecting money has been improved a little by the option to display more than 4-5 girls without having to scroll, but then the cash-symbols are so tiny and hard to see that collecting is not really fun either. Besides of that I like the update, even if the harem takes much longer to load now. Still room for improvements, though.

2nd that, I do like the updates, but as you said ,there always that lag once you enter the harem page, but i think collecting gold feels abit quicker when scrolling through the list.

The Cash icon in tab view could be bigger, in my opinion it should cover the whole square or something, there too much going on and hard to see who ready to collect gold

I only just learnt of the Tab + Enter feature for collecting gold, but i cant get it work most the time as it just takes me to home page and if i press again, it take me to the profile page. This is using chrome and IE.

Only on one occasion it worked, so i dont know what am doing wrong,any advice would be appreicated :D

53 minutes ago, lwdono said:

2nd that, I do like the updates, but as you said ,there always that lag once you enter the harem page, but i think collecting gold feels abit quicker when scrolling through the list.

The Cash icon in tab view could be bigger, in my opinion it should cover the whole square or something, there too much going on and hard to see who ready to collect gold

I only just learnt of the Tab + Enter feature for collecting gold, but i cant get it work most the time as it just takes me to home page and if i press again, it take me to the profile page. This is using chrome and IE.

Only on one occasion it worked, so i dont know what am doing wrong,any advice would be appreicated :D

Collecting "gold" (actually it's money) only by a little bit quicker doesn't help in the very least when it lags the whole game down.
Makes it frustratingly unpleasant rather than enjoyable as opposed to prior this failure of an update.

Sincerely

Edited by Romeo Arturia

23 minutes ago, lwdono said:

Only on one occasion it worked, so i don't know what am doing wrong,any advice would be appreciated :D

Short answer: if you click the icon that switches between list and grid (and click it again assuming you want to keep it the way it was), then Tab+Enter should work.

Longer answer: the reason Tab+Enter has worked has to do with a combination of most browsers supporting it, and most webpages having a reasonable tab-traversal order between selectable components, i.e. links and other widgets that cause complex interactions, such as dropdown lists, buttons, and so on. For example, if you write a simple HTML page with a bunch of links on it, and no CSS styling, and view it in your browser, you'll see links appear in blue and underlined. If you press Tab repeatedly, you'll see each of those links appear with a blue dotted line around it, in reading order. This is your browser being nice to you, allowing you to activate links without using your mouse.*

It's easy for a browser to work out a reasonable order to highlight each link when it's just text. It's a lot harder when there's a lot going on visually - menu on the left, tabs on the right, grid selection here, list selection there, and so on. Even then, the browser tries to be smart, but "left to right, top to bottom" is no longer necessarily the right approach. If you've got a grid on the left and complex information on the right that automatically switches depending on what's highlighted in the grid, then you're not reading L-R T-B anymore. If that info on the right has clickable widgets (such as the buttons to add affection or XP), you might want Tab to go to either of them immediately, or you might want Tab to keep walking over the grid links in order; there's no way for your browser to tell without reading your mind. And that's even assuming your browser can tell what's on the left, on the right, etc. Remember, your browser doesn't see a 2D picture of your webpage; it just sees a bunch of specially encoded text (a markup language, or ML). Also, HTML+CSS can cause all sorts of things to appear out of reading order on screen, or not at all (for good reasons including simpler and more responsive interfaces). Browsers are smart about even this, but they eventually fall short when it comes to reading the user's mind.

Webpage designers can get around this by specifically setting tab traversal orders according to what's on the page and what they think the user will want to do. But designers are human; they make mistakes. They won't always know the right order. They might lose track of what's where. Tab traversal code, if it exists, isn't typically all in one place, and is hard to visualize. They might be working off a previous copy of the code, with some tab ordering code that interferes with the current ordering. There is literally hundreds of lines of JavaScript that dynamically generates part or even all of the interface; the tab ordering has to accommodate that, and that's like designing a feature that runs alongside all of the features in the main interface, handling every case it can produce. You might be running a browser extension like Greasemonkey that rewrites part of that generated interface; there's literally no way for a web designer to control what happens after that.

For all these reasons, tab traversal is often an afterthought for webpage designers. They have X amount of time to design how content is served up, and Y users to satisfy, and most of those users simply don't use tab traversal, so that gets prioritized after all the stuff they use more often.

Right now, HH's harem UI happens to put the list and grid selections right after the button that toggles between list and grid, so if you click that toggle, your browser sets that as the thing that will activate if you press Enter (try it and see). If you press Tab after that, you're now in the list of all girls.** Tab+Enter away, until your income is done.***

Every once in a while, I kick around going into the code to see if I can understand how it works, and whether it can be made a bit less clunky on the client side (i.e. the user's side, as opposed to the server side) with some sort of postprocessing like HH++ does, without stepping on Kinkoid's toes. This is one of those times.

*This is especially useful for people who need to use a site but are blind or nearly so. Think about it. A mouse is practically worthless in such cases.
**The traversal skips any girl who doesn't have income to pull. Count your blessings; it could have reasonably gone to each girl regardless, because maybe you want to see each girl's info. If that were the case, you'd have to press Tab+Enter for your entire harem, every time even one of them pops.
***After all the income girls, the tab traversal steps to the widget that collects all that income at the cost of 12 kobans. If you spam Tab+Enter endlessly without being careful, you eventually get that interface. Count your blessings again; default browser behavior would put that button in the traversal, and you'd click it with the Enter key. I'm fairly sure someone at Kinkoid went out of their way to make sure those buttons never make it into the order.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

The harem loading (slow internet) became unbearable so I decided to block out all the Girls Image. I wanted to only block the Harem page but don't know how. But here is a guide to speed up your loading of the Harem page and pretty much all page that has girls. Unfortunately you won't be able to see the girls anymore.

1) Download uBlock orgin addon from your web browser store.

2) Go into the Setting > My Filters and add the line below and click Save:

||content.hentaiheroes.com/pictures/girls/*/ava$image,domain=www.hentaiheroes.com

Edited by hahero
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hahero said:

The harem loading (slow internet) became unbearable so I decided to block out all the Girls Image. I wanted to only block the Harem page but don't know how. But here is a guide to speed up your loading of the Harem page and pretty much all page that has girls. Unfortunately you won't be able to see the girls anymore.

1) Download uBlock orgin addon from your web browser store.

2) Go into the Setting > My Filters and add the line below and click Save:

||content.hentaiheroes.com/pictures/girls/*/ava$image,domain=www.hentaiheroes.com

Thanks. But this doesn't seem to alleviate the 2-3 second delay whenever entering the harem UI. All it does is suppress loading the pose pictures, which are already loaded and cached.

I think that UI is running a great deal of JavaScript code, possibly including several calls to their server that result in no meaningful changes. (This might also explain various user reports I've seen that their server seems sluggish for the past few days.)

Still debating whether I want to dive into that code...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lwdono said:

I tried on chrome and IE, but nost the time when i press Tab then Enter, it takes me back to home page then if press again, it takes me to profile page.

I did get it to work once, would anyone help me clarify what am doing wrong, thx

I use Firefox. I tried with Edge and it doesn't work, but if i remember right it never worked with that browser.

I'd like to mention my final thoughts on the update.

I love the new info.

I like the design overall but I don't like the name of the game repeated in the harem.

I'm no longer getting errors every time I open up my harem (more like every 2-3 hours) but double errors and the waiting time to get an error is still an issues.

I've gotten used to the time it takes for the harem to load. It isn't that bad.

I am not happy that there is no way to hide girls we don't have as the default option.

I don't like how it does not work well on mobile.

I don't like how the harem is the only thing that is closed from the top right corner when nothing else is.

I don't dislikes the update overall and am hoping that it will be optimized for mobile in the future. Perhaps by hiding the extra info under an "i" icon on mobile. And that the server issues will be lessened. 

Edited by CopyBoop
  • Like 1