Could someone explain the logic? (Or lack of...)

Kuradur

34 minutes ago, Ben9 said:

The difference, from my perspective anyway, is that the story or missions etc being poorly worded isn't important and is even quite funny sometimes.  But when paying for something, having a poorly worded description of whatever you're purchasing is a different thing altogether.  Thats why consumer rights (in UK at least) cover this exact thing, its easy to scam people with vagueness and inaccuracy (I'm not suggesting thats happening here).

They just need to hire a Canadian to translate the French version to the English version.
This really just is their lack of knowledge of the English language that keeps showing up everywhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ben9 said:

the story or missions etc being poorly worded isn't important and is even quite funny sometimes.

This is true, and even when the grammar sounds almost like a parody of bad English it's usually clear what they're trying to say. But sometimes it's just baffling, and I can't even begin to guess what they mean.

Like, what's a "wryly girl"? Neither "wiry" nor "wry" make sense in context. Is it meant to be something like "angry"? I'm just confused.

10 hours ago, EragonTRD said:

they don't really need a Canadian to do it, that is just an option! they could get an English person who is fluent in French to doB|

Or just a person who's fluent in English to proof their rough translations, which they were supposedly going to do but clearly never happened.

16 hours ago, BoogerStick said:

Like, what's a "wryly girl"? Neither "wiry" nor "wry" make sense in context. Is it meant to be something like "angry"? I'm just confused.

She's wry and dry. Although I think the adjective they want is "snarky"

• Like 1

On 20/06/2018 at 9:40 AM, Kuradur said:

I noticed in another post that someone questioned the logic behind what they could win at "Epic Pachinko" and I thought the conversation was amusing to say the least.

Now I'm certain that we all understand that a random number generator and complex algorithm are what determines what you either win or don't win playing the pachinko games and/or boss drops or anything else that's a game of chance. For the nay-sayers, yes, I know it's electronic, and yes, it's true chance, just like the electronic slot machines in Vegas, Atlantic City, Monte Carlo or anywhere else are; here however is my little problem with the whole set-up.

A poster questioned if it was possible to win more than one girl at Epic Pachinko playing ten games for 5400 Kobans and a moderator (I think, maybe an advanced member, I can't recall) stated that they couldn't win more than one girl when playing ten games at a time because it was a "guaranteed win" of one girl. SO... By THAT line of thinking, you're not really playing a "game of chance" as it were, you're just buying a girl for roughly $35.00, (Based off Koban prices in real world cash) now the same responder (moderator/advanced member) did state that you could always play ten single games and win no girl at all or play ten single games and win ten girls. (Highly unlikely... If anyone ever does it, I'd like video proof because I need to talk to you about buying my Powerball tickets.)

Now as I stated before, games of pure chance are a pretty neat, exciting, adrenaline rush. Paying for ten games of chance at a time, thinking you're getting ten games of chance but not really getting ten games of chance... That's a little shady. Better to just call it what it is, make a spot in the Market (or the game table) to "Win a Random Girl - 5000 Kobans." (Could be a Common, Rare, Epic or Legendary) THAT would be a game of chance, not to mention truth in advertising. (Stick it in between the Pachinko Machines and have it look like a slot machine window)

Of course you always COULD make, "Ten games for 5400 Kobans" true chance and have the possibility, however highly unlikely; to win ten girls, ten legendary items or ten legendary gifts at the ten games. After all what's the fun of playing poker if you never even had the chance draw a natural Royal Flush, right?

Point well made about the guaranteed girl issue.  However, there is another aspect of chance that is very handy for players and is entirely random.  That is the aquisition of gift items and equipment.  In each of my ten plays, I got some really handy items and they helped immensely in improving my battle teams in every account.  In one case I got nine legendary items (three gifts and six equipment items, all six of which I was able to use).  In another game I got seven epic equipment and two legendary items, only two of which were useful for me; it's all down to luck.

An issue with the girls you win is whether they are in a useful class for you.  In my first two 10x spins (both hardcore accounts) for the first time ever for me I had the most amazing luck: Nika in the first and Ninja Agate in the second (the first legendary and the second legendary in stats, even if she's epic - both hardcore).  In my other accounts I didn't get a single girl in my class, know-how, but one, Hope, is new for me (the others I've got before in other accounts).  So this is the luck-of-the-draw aspect of 10x Epic Pachinko.

Yes, you could try ten individual times.  I've been lucky twice, but I've never had more than two girls in nine spins each.  In one case I got none at all and not a single legendary item from nine tries.  Not one epic item was useful for me.  I could spit sparks about this, but it comes down to luck and it pays to be philosophical rather than get angry.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Zorba the Geek said:

Point well made about the guaranteed girl issue.  However, there is another aspect of chance that is very handy for players and is entirely random.  That is the aquisition of gift items and equipment.  In each of my ten plays, I got some really handy items and they helped immensely in improving my battle teams in every account.  In one case I got nine legendary items (three gifts and six equipment items, all six of which I was able to use).  In another game I got seven epic equipment and two legendary items, only two of which were useful for me; it's all down to luck.

An issue with the girls you win is whether they are in a useful class for you.  In my first two 10x spins (both hardcore accounts) for the first time ever for me I had the most amazing luck: Nika in the first and Ninja Agate in the second (the first legendary and the second legendary in stats, even if she's epic - both hardcore).  In my other accounts I didn't get a single girl in my class, know-how, but one, Hope, is new for me (the others I've got before in other accounts).  So this is the luck-of-the-draw aspect of 10x Epic Pachinko.

Yes, you could try ten individual times.  I've been lucky twice, but I've never had more than two girls in nine spins each.  In one case I got none at all and not a single legendary item from nine tries.  Not one epic item was useful for me.  I could spit sparks about this, but it comes down to luck and it pays to be philosophical rather than get angry.

"Calm leads to enlightenment; Anger leads to disappointment." (Which consequently, is why Conner McGregor "trash talked" to his opponents; Piss them off and they make mistakes.)

But to keep us on track and continue the discussion, for the most part it is entirely chance, and after all, in a game of chance, "You pays Yo' money, You takes Yo' chances."

Upon seeing this in the "Legendary Days" forum though, I have to wonder if this ability isn't in the works for Epic Pachinko, after all, if it can work in a "Player VS Boss" arena, why NOT in Pachinko. 

huh.JPG

Edited by Kuradur