Patch Notes 11/07/18 Discussion

Well... now that the initial shock has faded and I have calmed a little bit, I can explain why it's a really bad move to show the weekly standings on the profile page instead of the all time ones:

The objective of the profile page is to have information about the user. That's why we can see the date he/she started playing, the quest he/she is at, his/her level, and the number of haremettes, even the player's stats.

The all time ranking provides information. It tells the aspect of the game the player is more focused on: a highest ranking on Mojo or PvP tells us that the player is focused on PvP; a highest rank on Girls or affection tells us the player is focus on his/her harem; a highest ranking on Wins vs Villain or xp tells us the player is a veteran. Also, the higher the ranking usually means the more veteran the player, or the more time he/she invests on it. An experienced player can even infer if the owner of the profile is a F2P or a paying player.

On comparison, what kind of information does the weekly rankings provide? Well... nothing, really. A veteran player can have a really good standing one week, and a terrible one the next, deciding to "rest" and invest his/her resources on another week; while a new player could save resources for months, and have an amazing run on a certain week. Both, veteran an new players, can spend a lot of kobans on a specific week to have a great standing. There's really no way to know.

That's why, for information purposes, the all time rankings should stay on the profile page.

Edited by Jack_HH

26 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

Well... now that the initial shock has faded and I have calmed a little bit, I can explain why it's a really bad move to show the weekly standings on the profile page instead of the all time ones:

The objective of the profile page is to have information about the user. That's why we can see the date he/she started playing, the quest he/she is at, his/her level, and the number of haremettes, even the player's stats.

The all time ranking provides information. It tells the aspect of the game the player is more focused on: a highest ranking on Mojo or PvP tells us that the player is focused on PvP; a highest rank on Girls or affection tells us the player is focus on his/her harem; a highest ranking on Wins vs Villain or xp tells us the player is a veteran. Also, the higher the ranking usually means the more veteran the player, or the more time he/she invests on it. An experienced player can even infer if the owner of the profile is a F2P or a paying player.

On comparison, what kind of information does the weekly rankings provide? Well... nothing, really. A veteran player can have a really good standing one week, and a terrible one the next, deciding to "rest" and invest his/her resources on another week; while a new player could save resources for months, and have an amazing run on a certain week. Both, veteran an new players, can spend a lot of kobans on a specific week to have a great standing. There's really no way to know.

That's why, for information purposes, the all time rankings should stay on the profile page.

how about both >,<
more information is more information.

2 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

imo it's the consistent move along with tof defaulting to weekly which in turn is better now. and having consistency is good too. so overall i like the change despite seeing a much lower number now.

How is the weekly ToF ranking better in any way (other than granting free goodies every week, of course)?

I'm going to offer an example:

Let's see this guy, ID 31130.

image.png.57ffb265e60a3379c3112ce50935e8d2.png

He is at the top 10 for XP on Switzerland, which I don't know if it's a big deal, because I don't know how competitive that country is, but overall, his best standing is 1,082 on money spending. He's not even at the top 1,000 on any category. At the moment I'm writing this, I'm ranked 494 in the world on XP... and I'm not even trying... so if you ask me, that guy is a complete chump!

image.png.585afd09a4fbefc7f980ed323a4da672.png

Now, let's see who he really is:

image.png.86bbaebf3ea4fcb1cbb170cafaa11f73.png

ID 31130 happened to be sequm, the guy with the second biggest harem in the world, In the world!

But if I encounter him at the Arena, and I see his profile, does it tell me, "look, that's the guy with the second biggest harem in the world! Pretty neat, right?!"? No, his profile tells me that he's a regular chump.

And does sequm have a chance to rank on the weekly ToF for harem size? Never! That guy already has all the girls, there's no way that he can get more than 10 girls on a week, what weekly top rankers got last time.

So, first, the weekly ToF is feeding me disinformation (Fake news!), and secondly, I think the devs should show more respect for the players who have invested so much of their time and money on the game.

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Completely agree with Jack!!

Another thing I dont like is that when I check for national ranks then all-time (because it isnt possible for national weekly), it directs to another person (or similar rank, I dont dont)

This thing still needs some work to be done!!

Edited by TheMadaFucker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

How is the weekly ToF ranking better in any way (other than granting free goodies every week, of course)?

He is at the top 10 for XP on Switzerland, which I don't know if it's a big deal, because I don't know how competitive that country is, but overall, his best standing is 1,082 on money spending. He's not even at the top 1,000 on any category. At the moment I'm writing this, I'm ranked 494 in the world on XP... and I'm not even trying... so if you ask me, that guy is a complete chump!

Hide contents

ID 31130 happened to be sequm, the guy with the second biggest harem in the world, In the world!

But if I encounter him at the Arena, and I see his profile, does it tell me, "look, that's the guy with the second biggest harem in the world! Pretty neat, right?!"? No, his profile tells me that he's a regular chump.

And does sequm have a chance to rank on the weekly ToF for harem size? Never! That guy already has all the girls, there's no way that he can get more than 10 girls on a week, what weekly top rankers got last time.

So, first, the weekly ToF is feeding me disinformation (Fake news!), and secondly, I think the devs should show more respect for the players who have invested so much of their time and money on the game.

I hate to burst that bubble, but on Nutaku there are 8 players with 186 girls :P
The biggest whales are on Nutaku, not on hh.

image.png

Anyway, back on topic... I see no reason why they cannot place both weekly and all-time on the screen.
Just put them next to eachother.
Click on the weekly one, and you will go to that weekly ranking.
Click on the all-time one, and you will go to that all-time ranking.

Everybody happy.

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I hate to burst that bubble, but on Nutaku there are 8 players with 186 girls :P
The biggest whales are on Nutaku, not on hh.

Hahahahahaha Well, ok, I don't play on Nutaku, so I wouldn't know. But wasn't the game released first on Nutaku and later as stand alone? That would explain why on Nutaku players have a higher level on average.

Anyway... I think the logic is still valid. ¬¬

By the way, now I'm doubting if I really have the biggest harem in my country, so I have to get a Nutaku account to check the mexican rankings there...

More than half of the players in ToF aren't even clickable for me right now, so I can't see their profiles.

Edit: never mind seems an update was happening, it all works now and I can see the new equipment notification

Edited by Ben9

11 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

Reveal hidden contents

assuming your post was directed at me: to directly answer your question: it's my personal opinion. i like it better now. that's all about it. no need to do complex maths, number crunching or other researching.

if you want to argue to revert the change or do a third option (like @Chthugha's suggestion) you should direct it to kinkoid in a separate suggestion/feedback thread.

9 hours ago, whocares said:

this tof update im showing as 3rd in national rank in my profile .but i am 19.872 in rank in tof get a grip

From what I can tell there's a bug with profiles where your national rank on your profile is actually your national weekly rank (despite this chart not officially existing).   Mine says I'm 4th in the UK for money spent, but I'm nowhere near that in the all-time chart.   I do have 3 UK players above me in the global weekly chart though.

21 minutes ago, ryans122 said:

Hi, I'm new to the game. I've finished 12/14 quests already =, but haven't gotten nemah. Do I get her after the whole event is over, or can I get her now?

First, welcome to the game and the forum.
Second, please look through the forum a bit to see if you can find the answer elsewhere.
This thread answers your question:

Third, please keep a thread on topic.
This clearly has nothing to do with the patch notes from wednesday.
If you have a question about the game, then you can create a thread in QA Questions Answers.

---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (Simplificado)Chino (Tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol

I already bought it xD!!!