Patch Notes 11/07/18 Discussion

Bunny, Juliette, Red/Tina, and Ankyo are starters in the sense that everyone gets them early just for doing the plot. They and Sheheramazond, Arcana, and Kimie are starters in the sense of their official rarity tier. They probably also have the highest appearance rate of all boss girls. (It'd be interesting to see the frequency of appearance of every girl across HH. Especially appearance compared against times that boss has been beaten. Naturally, the earlier boss girls would appear more simply because more players have gotten that far in the story (and we'd see more people with Jenny than with Lenaelle, say), but the compare would tell us more about each boss' recruit rate.)

Amusingly, Sheheramazond never really appealed to me that much until I started making 3D art with her, which was also around the time HH published backstory stuff and I learned she was into poledancing, which gave me an excuse to devise greater poses. Now she's one of my favorites, and I have to force myself to not put her into everything I make up. xD

I kinda even wish there was more information revealed for stars 4 and 5 - like, continuing adventures or something like that. But I won't push too hard.

4 hours ago, Hollo said:

Bunny, Juliette, Red/Tina, and Ankyo are starters in the sense that everyone gets them early just for doing the plot. They and Sheheramazond, Arcana, and Kimie are starters in the sense of their official rarity tier. They probably also have the highest appearance rate of all boss girls. (It'd be interesting to see the frequency of appearance of every girl across HH. Especially appearance compared against times that boss has been beaten. Naturally, the earlier boss girls would appear more simply because more players have gotten that far in the story (and we'd see more people with Jenny than with Lenaelle, say), but the compare would tell us more about each boss' recruit rate.)

Amusingly, Sheheramazond never really appealed to me that much until I started making 3D art with her, which was also around the time HH published backstory stuff and I learned she was into poledancing, which gave me an excuse to devise greater poses. Now she's one of my favorites, and I have to force myself to not put her into everything I make up. xD

I kinda even wish there was more information revealed for stars 4 and 5 - like, continuing adventures or something like that. But I won't push too hard.

I've tended to advance to the next worlds before I got the girls from (say) Dark Lord or Ninja Spy.  And, because the bosses in the later worlds paid out more for wins against them than these earlier bosses, I tended to stay moved on.  This was especially the case in my most advanced games.  So I was in the peculiar situation where I didn't get Kimie, Sheheramazond and Arcana (and Sung Tai ki, Solveig and Rumiko for that matter) until quite by accident when I'd been trying for event girls.  In three accounts (including this one) I managed to get Zoe and Salem before I got Kimie, for example.

There appears to be no real difference in the chances of getting these starter girls as compared with the later girls.  Right now, I'm finding it hard to get any of the regular girls to drop, no matter what world I'm in.  This has been the case for me since the 10x perform system was introduced.

29 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I've tended to advance to the next worlds before I got the girls from (say) Dark Lord or Ninja Spy.  And, because the bosses in the later worlds paid out more for wins against them than these earlier bosses, I tended to stay moved on.  This was especially the case in my most advanced games.  So I was in the peculiar situation where I didn't get Kimie, Sheheramazond and Arcana (and Sung Tai ki, Solveig and Rumiko for that matter) until quite by accident when I'd been trying for event girls.  In three accounts (including this one) I managed to get Zoe and Salem before I got Kimie, for example.

There appears to be no real difference in the chances of getting these starter girls as compared with the later girls.  Right now, I'm finding it hard to get any of the regular girls to drop, no matter what world I'm in.  This has been the case for me since the 10x perform system was introduced.

Not for old players.
New players actually get the three girls from Dark Lord very fast, before even getting to Princess Agate, which is why they are starter girls.

34 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Not for old players.
New players actually get the three girls from Dark Lord very fast, before even getting to Princess Agate, which is why they are starter girls.

That didn't happen with me at all.  I may be a bit of an odd ball here (don't answer that!).  I think with my oldest accounts I was still figuring out how to play the game and I tended to move through the story without battling the bosses much.  However, in this account (where I became more 'skilled') I was still much slower to pick up Dark Lord's girls than (say) Donatien's or Silvanus'.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

I'm wondering if maybe the appearance rates were increased in 2018? Since I think my experience was pretty much like Zorba's - I got DL's girls while farming him for an event.

It's fine; it just means I have no data on him, unless I start another account. ....I've kinda been thinking about doing this.

The whole system changed massively over the course of a year.
Right now, if you would start a new account, you would have a very easy time getting the Dark Lord girls.
Unless you just get the green orbs, and then don't fight him anymore, but that's really not something we should even consider.

I've yet to see one new account (after february or so) having trouble with getting those three girls, which is why they are starter girls in this new system.
Yes, older accounts had significantly more difficulty with getting them.
Other systems, so not comparable.

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

The whole system changed massively over the course of a year.
Right now, if you would start a new account, you would have a very easy time getting the Dark Lord girls.
Unless you just get the green orbs, and then don't fight him anymore, but that's really not something we should even consider.

I've yet to see one new account (after february or so) having trouble with getting those three girls, which is why they are starter girls in this new system.
Yes, older accounts had significantly more difficulty with getting them.
Other systems, so not comparable.

Can confirm. Started on the 5th of March this year and got all of dark lords girls + Pooky in about 10 days.

I looked at GH and I didn't get Travis before Prince Karl though.

Edited by CopyBoop

please stay on topic of the July 11 Patch Notes

this entire second page of the thread has nothing to do with the patch notes, but does have some useful data about old vs. new drop rates. that data is going to be lost in the forum because anyone looking for data of that type is not going to remember where it was posted and by whom, nor will they reasonably think to search for it in a thread titled Patch Notes 11/07/18 Discussion

please find a drop rates thread and continue the conversation there

here's the link to the Announcement Jessie made for the July 11 Patch Notes if anyone has forgotten what the topics are that should be discussed in this thread

Edited by Blain
added link
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AndreaM. said:

I have not yet recived Sheheramazond's 5 star upgrade. Do i have to do something special like buy the new look steampunk or will it unlock itself?

The patch has not yet been applied to the game. They will appear when it's applied. No extra purchase required.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CopyBoop said:

I love everything about Djidane.

Is that Sheheramazond? 
Because that's how I feel about her new poses and scenes. *Especially* her 4th.
I love the implication that all of her clan are virtually identical. Which says *to me* there is a magical blessing or curse in their history where all born are only girls and look the same. (parthenogenesis? (able get pregnant without needing males))

I love the fact they're a clan of lesbians. …until the Hero comes along, that is…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Masters said:

Is that Sheheramazond? 
Because that's how I feel about her new poses and scenes. *Especially* her 4th.
I love the implication that all of her clan are virtually identical. Which says *to me* there is a magical blessing or curse in their history where all born are only girls and look the same. (parthenogenesis? (able get pregnant without needing males))

I love the fact they're a clan of lesbians. …until the Hero comes along, that is…

Yeah, the male version. Although in GH they are all gay... and continue to be gay. lol

Wait, wait wouldn't that make Djidane an omega or another form of male who can give birth?

But I REALLY like Sheheramazond too.  :x

Edited by CopyBoop

lol this update is even worse than i expected, in the main interface above the ToF where it shows your highest ranking among the 9 categories before the update it was showing my rank in hentai heroes that it was 190th and after the update it shows as 248th and i gay harem my rank was 30th and after the update is 136th and all that because they change it from global all time to global weekly, good job devs, good job.

I don't know if they know that but not all players care about their weekly ranking.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cinesino said:

General ranking in tower of fame doesn't work anymore for me

Yeah, you are right i also have the same problem, it reminds me of the problem i had in harem heroes, anyway the solution is to put your own name in the search box at the right side of the ToF interface and then you can change categories normally.

13 minutes ago, Hotless said:

lol this update is even worse than i expected, in the main interface above the ToF where it shows your highest ranking among the 9 categories before the update it was showing my rank in hentai heroes that it was 190th and after the update it shows as 248th and i gay harem my rank was 30th and after the update is 136th and all that because they change it from global all time to global weekly, good job devs, good job.

I don't know if they know that but not all players care about their weekly ranking.

You could say the same about the all-time ranking.
Some players only care about the weekly ranking, because that's where the rewards are at.

Subjective will always be subjective, and is no reason to be patronizing.

10 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Yeah, you are right i also have the same problem, it reminds me of the problem i had in harem heroes, anyway the solution is to put your own name in the search box at the right side of the ToF interface and then you can change categories normally.

Or use your id if you're like me and don't have a unique name

What the hell is this?!!!

image.png.e045518e9b6c0053bd1fc76c8f7232a6.png

This is a spit in my face, that's what it is!

I have played this game religiously for 14 months, and I achieved the number 1, nationally, on Wins vs Villains, Affection, and most importantly, Girls. And what does my profile show? A number 8 on Money spent? Give me a break! Seriously, what the hell?

I understand giving priority to the weekly rank on the Town page, but not on my profile, seriously, no!

What this update is doing is motivating players to focus on weekly intervals instead of the long run. Is that what the devs really want? For a game that relies so much on patience and perseverance, this new focus is sure to backfire.

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

An unexpected bonus for me on Sheheramazond, for some reason she already has 342 affection points towards her 4th star (of 1125 total required) after the patch unlocked her new levels, and I'm sure I didn't dump any excess affection into her when I previously upgraded her to 3 stars. Not complaining, that's 140k money saved.