defense calculation changed/wrong?

_shal_

Almost put this directly into bug reports, but perhaps I'm just overlooking something.

As far as I can tell, the beta and omega girls are supposed to contribute to defense at 1.3x the value they have for the hero's class stat (e.g. their charm value in my case). That's what the numbers on the battle preview screen imply (the difference between min and max defense is 1.3 x beta + 1.3 x omega), and it's also what the wiki says about the battle system.

However, having done some step-by-step calculations to retrace the numbers shown during battle, it appears that their defense multiplier is actually 1.75x now? Their multiplier for offense continues to be 1.3x as far as I can tell.

Was such a change announced at some point or is it a bug? (If the 1.75x multiplier is intentional, then the battle preview does need to be adjusted at minimum.)

Edited by _shal_

By the way, the impetus for checking into this was this bug thread from a couple of months ago:

However, that deals with a somewhat different issue (the battles are always calculated as though each side has the same number of girls active in the battle, even if one side has orgasmed more times than the other), which might be intended behaviour. The above-mentioned multiplier change is part of the reason why the posters in that thread observed decreasing offense, though.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:23 PM, Ben9 said:

You're correct, the displayed numbers aren't accurate.

Thanks, I did some searching for "defense" and other terms, but I totally missed that thread. Guess this one might as well be merged into it if moderators think it's appropriate.

Sorry for the duplication!

FWIW, even at the current defense settings the omega slot is basically useless for me. (Around hero level 120, maybe it's different later.) My squad is hitting orgasm every four rounds (3 to max the meter, then the actual orgasm), and basically all battles are over by round 8 at the latest. I'm seeing the omega contribute maybe once in 200 battles, probably not even that.

Makes for an easy way to farm affection and XP though, just putting random girls as omega. No matter how low their stats are, they don't affect anything anyway.

Edited by _shal_

They do affect one thing: if you crit 3 times the third one will be from the omega, so I always use it to level my HC girls.  Occasionally swings a close battle to wild burst at the end (I am KH).