Contests

Slacker83

This is something that happens when the game flags you as "inactive" due to not logging in for a period of time. If you haven't visited the login page for a while I suggest logging out of the game, then logging back in. If you have, then maybe some other related bug has developed.

• Like 1

That's because no new contests have begun today. Everyone of the appropriate level gets sorted when the contest starts. One new contest begins tomorrow, so hopefully one should appear for you after the next reset (the other 2 will have to wait another 2 days for the current ones to finish)

Logged out and back in and still nothing at the moment. Maybe at the next refresh? I'll have to log out more frequently. Usually I only turn my monitor off at most so its not like I have to re-sign into the game all the time. And have the info saved on mobile so I don't really have to log in there on the chance I do play from there.

To elaborate on GeorgeMTO's answer, I've occasionally gone a while without logging in, and from what i recall, a Contest only spawns if the previous one with the same name has been collected.

For example, one Contest in my list currently is "Working Holidays". It will expire in 1 day and 8 hours, after which i can collect the rewards.

From what i can gather though is that, if you do not cash in "Working Holidays", then the next time Working Holidays is slated to appear, it will not appear for you. Other contests would, so when you logged on there were likely a bunch of Contests that had been marked as ended until the internal pool had dried up, so to speak. It's generally kept from happening to active players by having the same event listed under a couple of different names so that the same event doesn't happen twice in a row (thus preventing it appearing for everyone as no one can collect before the old one ended).

Most contests last 2-3 days though, so checking once every couple of days is fine unless you've been gearing up to make a play for 1st place in any of them :)

1 minute ago, Makinen said:

(...) and from what i recall, a Contest only spawns if the previous one with the same name has been collected.

Definitely not; sometimes the same contest type runs back-to-back.

There is some sort of spawn limit when old contests haven't been collected, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact rules behind it. The number of them doesn't seem to be it (I've had new spawns with 6 unclaimed contests, but also no spawns with only 4 unclaimed), so it's possibly based on how many days old the unclaimed contests are.

Yeah, the same contest type, but the same name also?

Case in point, Working Holidays and Let's Talk About Corruption (i think) are both 'donate money for points' type events. They can run back to back, and i have seen them do that as well, but i haven't seen something like Working Holidays running twice in a row: That was what i meant. Personally, i believe the new contest(s) that would have spawned in your example would be the same in both type and name as (one of) your unclaimed ones.

The system... Feels to me as if it was intended to prevent getting duplicates in the contest list, with this as an unintended side effect. Of course, i'm not a Dev, and can't know any of these things for certain. I can merely state my own experiences and hypotheses.

13 minutes ago, Makinen said:

Yeah, the same contest type, but the same name also?

Yes. There are 11 contest types, each of which has one specific name.

Edit: In fact, Working Holidays was replaced by Working Holidays (as part of 3 finished contests) back on August 9th.

Edited by _shal_

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Definitely not; sometimes the same contest type runs back-to-back.

There is some sort of spawn limit when old contests haven't been collected, but I haven't been able to figure out the exact rules behind it. The number of them doesn't seem to be it (I've had new spawns with 6 unclaimed contests, but also no spawns with only 4 unclaimed), so it's possibly based on how many days old the unclaimed contests are.

then why u keep reward unclaimed?

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly nobody besides me cares, but anyway:

On 8/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, _shal_ said:

Having run a few tests on it now, it appears that new contests stop spawning when there's any unclaimed contest that closed at least 5 days ago. Disclaimer: Not 100% certain as I haven't tested the alternative possibility (i.e. that it's based on when the contests started, not when they closed). But so far across three test accounts it's been consistent, closed 4 days ago -> yes, closed 5 days ago -> no.