Travel Girls revival

kisna

13 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Fifth day of the event constantly farming rokko sensei. Not even a single legendary gift dropped, has anyone else experienced something sinillar?

Something similar, yes, except I got Bremen to drop a Leg gift on day 3 I think.  I spent 99.9% of yesterday trying to get Donatien's Travel girl with no luck at all.  So I've decided to go back to Bremen and see if he drops another gift, hoping that I can try Dona again and see if the girl drops.  Didn't work the first time though, as after getting the gift I refilled and spent all 20 combats on Dona for nothing but cash.  So far this has been a pretty much non event for me and I really don't see it getting better in the final two days.

5 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I've found a definite pattern though.  Up to Day 3 there's a good chance of getting a drop.  Between Days 4 and 5 the drop rate virtually dries up and btween Days 6 and 7 things improve.  I've found this very consistently over the last 5 events and revivals.

Another thing too, I can almost predict when a drop is going to take place.  There is a variation in the sequence of star burst and money coming out of the screen.  If a drop is about to occur, the middle of the starburst remains blank for longer and, if this happens three times in a row, either the money comes out after a delay or that shadow descends and a girl drops.  I've observed that this happens one time in about three.  If a drop doesn't happen, the screen display reverts to simultaneous starburst and money icon and this can last for two more rounds of 20 when the pattern begins to show again.  In my Peregrine Took account, this pattern was most evident.  The money icon delay after the starburst happened 3 times in a row and on the fourth time Travel Arcana dropped.  This may be pseudo-science on the same level as predicting an earthquake, but it is worth a thought.

Where this pattern never seems to show in some accounts, I can almost predict that I'm never going to get a girl in those accounts before the event ends.  For the last three events in a row, this has happened with my Adrian'smole account.  It feels like some accounts are being targetted.

If possible can you also track what luck you have with server connection on your various accounts for any correlations?  Both with seeing if good server connections, no lag, no error messages etc=better drop rates.  And to see if the accounts you're having trouble dropping the girls on are also having connection issues even though all are run from the same device.

I need both event girls, but also needed to figure out way to get top 4 in a contest that was ending. I decided to use some combats on Finalmecia to secure those Kobans, not refills, but some fights - I'm down about 10 from what I could've had. So I did that, maybe not the right move, but I have normally gotten both event girls to drop before end of event with few, if any refills, so I figured Kobans in the hand were good.

Of course, not a lot of luck with drops; I finally got Travel Arcana today, which feels late. Now working on Travel Kalissa, and we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Zteev

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I can only give you one advice... NEVER use your combativity points on villains you cannot get an event girl from, when trying to get an event girl.
That girl is only around during the event, and now you missed out on 112 chances to get her, which over 50% of your total during the event.
That in my eyes is a huge waste of fights, and might also explain why others fail to get event girls during revival events.
You simply do not have the time to go after other things during a revival until you have the event girl.

Fair enough. If you want to get the girl in question, that is. Personnaly after 100 tries and considering the harem I'd like to put together, I figured I'd give up on getting her and try and give affection items to the ones I do care about (and save resources for the next event). Since my last post, nothing else has dropped, though (not that I haven't been trying hard!). 

Would your also consider this in vain, though? I.e. are the odds of getting affection items fairly low?  

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, dekachinpo said:

Fair enough. If you want to get the girl in question, that is. Personnaly after 100 tries and considering the harem I'd like to put together, I figured I'd give up on getting her and try and give affection items to the ones I do care about (and save resources for the next event). Since my last post, nothing else has dropped, though (not that I haven't been trying hard!). 

Would your also consider this in vain, though? I.e. are the odds of getting affection items fairly low?  

Thanks!

From what I've seen from other people, it's quite possible to get only 1 from the entire duration of the revival event. That drop rate is indeed rather low. When an event rolls around, I only ever fight the villains with girls and this has led to me not missing out on any, with refills only on one event despite having played for over a year now.

In my opinion, you either want this limited availability girl so you fight to get her and ignore everything else, or you don't want her, so you fight other bosses. It takes a LONG time to upgrade all your girls, and if you want to prioritise certain girls that's totally fine, just ignore the ones you don't wish to upgrade right now. They'll still be there later on when you've finished with the ones you like more, and they've earned you some extra money in the meantime.

I'm having real trouble with the server and it's driving me mad!!!  I've have tried six times in a row to fight Roko Sensei (since I have both girls in that account).  I see the twitching carrot refusing to disappear until I get an error message.  I then have no choice but to refresh my browser and try again to have the same problem recur.  I've been trying to get started in this round for 22 minutes now!  I had the same trouble yesterday (at the same time of day) trying to win Travel Arcana in this account (with no success as it turned out).

Someone had a theory that these problems during performances can impact on the likelihood of girl drops.  I have to concur because I have never had a girl drop when I encounter these problems.  I can't comment with any authority because I don't know how the RNG works and how it might be affected by server problems.

I'm assuming that HH have given up trying to solve this problem.  I'm absolutely certain that they do not intend to annoy us in this way by (from our perspective at his end) not making an effort to fix the server problems.  It seems to be serious and (for the moment) insurmountable, but it would be nice if HH would come clean and keep us up to date with what is happening and what they are trying to do to fix things.

Most of the time it's fine, but every now and again the game is almost unplayable, as is the case for me now.  I might go away, cook dinner and wait a while for server traffic to ease off a bit to see if things improve.

I'll admit this gets a little off topic, but IF the server hangup issues DO impact drops in any way, then maybe the game's gotten so big that the team needs to consider a larger server?  With the frequency of events and IF server traffic is impacting the event I think this is worth looking into.  I get these things cost money, but if the game is continuing to grow in success, then expenses to keep it running should also be expected.  I've also noticed the server issues have been causing the timers to act up a little bit.  I'd go to claim the daily mission rewards only for it to time out, and when I refresh to the front page it says up to like 10 seconds are left.  Might just be on my end with a slow PC, might not be.

1 minute ago, trunks2585 said:

I'll admit this gets a little off topic, but IF the server hangup issues DO impact drops in any way, then maybe the game's gotten so big that the team needs to consider a larger server?  With the frequency of events and IF server traffic is impacting the event I think this is worth looking into.  I get these things cost money, but if the game is continuing to grow in success, then expenses to keep it running should also be expected.  I've also noticed the server issues have been causing the timers to act up a little bit.  I'd go to claim the daily mission rewards only for it to time out, and when I refresh to the front page it says up to like 10 seconds are left.  Might just be on my end with a slow PC, might not be.

Yeah, I was close to being off-topic, I admit, but the problems have impacted the course of this event and may have prevented me from getting girls.  I agree with you re. a larger server and I have felt that way for some time.  Yes, the game is huge and hugely popular so HH are a victim of their own success.  We have to give credit where it's due for this popularity because, these problems aside, it's a fantastic game.  The latest quest in World 10 has some absolutely outrageous humour right out of left field.  I don't want to spoil it by saying too much, but those who get there will know what I mean - if they agree with me.  These moments of humour are coming thick and fast lately, but HH never seem to overdo it.

Like you, I have left things til the last minute to complete daily missions and have been thwarted by the server hanging.  It was for me like literally the old adage: "Hit any key to continue".  I might have a slow PC too, but these issues seem to be a problem at the HH end and at certain times of day.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

From what I've seen from other people, it's quite possible to get only 1 from the entire duration of the revival event. That drop rate is indeed rather low. When an event rolls around, I only ever fight the villains with girls and this has led to me not missing out on any, with refills only on one event despite having played for over a year now.

In my opinion, you either want this limited availability girl so you fight to get her and ignore everything else, or you don't want her, so you fight other bosses. It takes a LONG time to upgrade all your girls, and if you want to prioritise certain girls that's totally fine, just ignore the ones you don't wish to upgrade right now. They'll still be there later on when you've finished with the ones you like more, and they've earned you some extra money in the meantime.

Thanks much for your answer, this is useful to know. Agreed, I'll focus on fighting other bosses and feeding my priority (and very much hungry for affection) haremettes :).

i dont understand what some ppl expect...

in my understanding the addition of gifts is more like a consolation price to those, who have already got the girls in the original event...

it is not meant to be a chance to farm a dozen of legendary gifts for free at all...

and minding some players fight for two girl drops in 7 days, a droprate for the gifts that give up to two gift drops on average in 7 days is fair and realistic...

last but not least HH is already one of the most generous F2P-games ive ever played,

now complaining that they dont throw more gifts at you is just overdone and greedy...

in the end it would be still fair enough, if they wouldnt have added the gifts as drop at all...

so farm your girls and if you have time to get an additional gift just be happy about it...

Edited by Skiron
  • Like 1

Welp, it's looking like this'll be the second revival event that's a no show for me.   7 days straight, never wasting CP and no girl is a little silly.  Especially for 2 revivals in a row.  I'm not even going to bother with next month's revival, I couldn't care less about those girls and they sure as hell aren't worth the frustration to me.

• Like 1

Looks like my Frequent Flyer miles wern't enough to catch both girls this week, took me till now just to get Travel Arcana. It will be a long shot to get Kalissa aswell.

Nice bit of luck Kalissa has just dropped in , but on my Nutaku Acc not my HH where Arcana is. At least i have both tho.

Edited by bane1