Q&A - Game Lore

Mika Kinkoid

Hello all!

Today we are going to present you a Q&A about the Hentai Heroes lore!

It is inspired by one of our players who shared his gaming experience with our scenarist, Fab, on Discord. Their conversation raised lots of questions about the lore of the game and its fantasy creatures. As Fab found the discussed topic very interesting, he decided that it could also feed your curiosity. That’s why he took notes of the questions and answers and gave it to us to share it with you:

• QUEEN TITANIA, CUPID CHAN, ISHTAR, SPRING AND SANTA CLAUDIA ARE SORT OF GODDESSES/DIVINITIES/SPIRITS?

Exactly. The Haremverse is close enough to the worlds of Heroic Fantasy where you can find a spirit, god, or something else each time you overturn a rock. Or a little like Shintoism? I’m not an expert… Anyways. The importance is there’s a hierarchy of power between all these spirits… Except when it comes to sex. The barriers of hierarchy fade away when only the natural being expresses itself.

• ARE ONLY WERE-RABBITS AND WERE-WOLVES ABLE TO TRAVEL ACROSS DIMENSIONS (OUTSIDE OF USING TECHNOLOGY)?

Were-animals all have this innate capacity, but under certain conditions. Certain magic spells can do this too. Portals used in the game are all magitecks, meaning technology based on magic. It’s very rare to create an object that works using this technology. The only stable items ever created are the portals. Those are used  regularly and especially for harem performances. People of the Haremverse generally prefer more conventional methods of transportation. It’s a very strong cultural reason, because portals reduce the possibilities for meeting new or unexpected people. In that sense, they are “TOO” practical. They appreciate to take their time. They rarely have a reason to rush anything.

• IS THE SHOKUSHU DIMENSION THE ORIGIN OF ALL THE DEMONS?

For the majority, but not each and every one of them. A spirit, human or otherwise can develop a demonic spirit themselves and transform into one. Quite often, the transformed spirit will try to join the demons in the Shokushu Dimension. 

• ARE THERE OTHER DEMONS THAT ESCAPED THE SHOKUSHU DIMENSION LIKE MALA AND VENAM?

Yes, it’s not a daily occurrence, but it isn’t rare either. The Shokushu Dimension is based around domination, abominations, the strong brutalizing the weaker (in a very very extreme fashion. To the extent that if ever there was an expedition to that world, I’d be very troubled as I’d be obliged to hide everything, or really soften the edges of what we’d see). Almost all the demons accept the state of things because they like being on one or the other side of that barrier. But some, as in every society, have personalities that don’t match their environment. They feel estranged from their own world and seek to escape it.

• ARE THERE OTHER ANGELS OF SEX?

There are others. The only ones you know are Lenaëlle, Levitya and Cupid-chan. Angels of Sex are both the incarnation of what is beautiful, the representation of valor, and the sexuality of the Haremverse of which they are the guardians. Those who become angels have something “pure” and bright within them, that resonates with the virtues of the Haremverse. We don’t exactly know how these angels are born. It’s even happened that demons that escaped the Shokushu Dimension have become angels. One thing is clear though, they LOVE fucking, without any real limit, except what would make them turn to a demonic route.

• WILL THERE BE OTHER “HYBRID SPECIES” LIKE CORA OR MAVIN (FOR EXAMPLE AN EVENT IN OCTOBER)?

Yes, there are many creatures with with to have “fun” with in the Haremverse.

• DOES THE SECRET ISLAND OF MIST HAVE AN INFLUENCE ON THE OUTSIDE WORLD (HAREMVERSE)?

Not really. As they are descendants of the Yonaguni, they fear persecution. Violence is extremely rare in the Haremverse. But it has been noted that more realistic wars, or at least similar ones to ours, have occured. These events traumatize entire populations because conflicts are generally resolved peacefully or sexually. Getting back to the Mist Island, they remain isolated because they’re scared. They keep themselves informed only to prevent any eventual danger.

• WHAT IS ABRAËL’S POWER COMPARED TO THE HEROES OR THAT OF AN ANGEL OF SEX?

Abraël’s power comes from a demonic vegetable, so it’s an inherited power. She’s a human with the powers of a succubus. Levitya is a real succubus, one of the families of Angels of Sex.

• WILL THE BE AN EVENT LIKE IN MY HERO ACADEMIA WITH A “SCHOOL VS EVIL” WITH EVIL GIRLS TO RECRUIT?

Recruiting “evil” girls (like Yandere, or aggressive, currently at least), yes. It’s already happening. Under which form though hasn’t yet been defined.

• WILL WE ONE DAY SEE THE YONAGUNI VERSION OF FINALMECIA THAT STAYED IN THE RUINS DURING A FUTURE EVENT?

It’s not planned and I’m rather against it.

• WILL IT BE POSSIBLE ONE DAY TO HAVE ANOTHER DESCRIPTION IN THE ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS (UNDER THE PERVERSION) OF A SAME GIRL? (FOR EXAMPLE RUMIKO AND FLORES RUMIKO WHERE THE TEXT UNDER THE PERVERSION WOULD BE DIFFERENT TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE GIRL)

It’s not planned. It’s a massive amount of content to manage. And I’m pretty much solo handling the lore and the writing currently. When I arrived in the team (World 5, October 2016), all the lore I’ve created since the last few months wasn’t supposed to exist originally. And the creators weren’t expecting the popularity that Hentai Heroes (or Harem heroes depending where you play the game) was going to get. Originally the story was just supposed to be a little fun story without any logic based around fan-service and “because it’s cool and/or fun”. As the players requested more and more, I’ve complexified and added to the lore in a very fast way. I try to do everything inside a certain coherence, from the first world until my own worlds (sometimes with huge forceps and constructions that came out of nowhere, I concede). It’s often quite hard to keep a trace of all that when I write, without creating (more) incoherences in the lore, etc… So in addition to writing quests, characters (137 girls without counting their variations and a couple hundred guys for GH), if all their descriptions were original, I wouldn’t have time for my other job as Manager of the Content Team (plannings, contracts, trainings, project & prod management, etc…). One of my projects is to write (finally!!) the Bible of the game with every possible detail. The aim is so that when other writers will come and replace me, they’ll be able to produce content without destroying the Haremverse. But it’s a colossal workload because I need to justify forcibly some things that aren’t logical, even for a fun cartoon that the Haremverse is supposed to be… If I had the time, I’d rewrite certain passages of the first 2-3 worlds. oh well… We’ll see what the future holds in store for us. Rewriting a lore isn’t impossible. Blizzard, with WoW, has often done it (without comparing myself to them, of course >< !!!)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Here is a second wave of question I've answered. Hope you'll enjoy this :) !

1) Can all Yonagui have free will?

You musn’t confuse the Yonaguni and their creations. On the one hand, there’s the Yonaguni civilisation, which was highly technologically advanced, especially in Magiteck. The creation of portals for that matter is the last relic of their technologies. The Yonaguni, as a people, don’t exist anymore. Only their descendants living on the Island of Mist remain with their Steampunk technology. They don’t want to go out further, out of fear of reiterating the mistakes of their ancestors or attract the attention of other groups and be persecuted again.

On the other hand, there’s the machines they created. Though the majority of their laboratories, cities, etc… were destroyed, some hidden places or dangerous territories remain. Most often out of order, there are however some installations in working condition. It’s just very hard to understand how they work.

To answer the question more directly now, the Yonaguni machines don’t have free will, except advanced models like Norou is part of. The Yonaguni were exterminated just as they were starting to play with people’s souls and putting them into machines. Finalmecia’s body uses one of these advanced models. Thanks to her magic, she split her soul into several pieces and merged one of them with the body of that machine. But once purified by Lenaëlle, the body in itself is nothing more than a simple machine. Norou is the apex in terms of Yonaguni tech, the fusion between organic, soul and cybernetic. Very few models exist (less than fifty at the peak of the Yonaguni civilisation), and even less were activated.

2) Is there a possibility we’ll see: One of the girls of the Kissing Booth / Melanie / The nurse from the sperm van / A.I. of the HaremWeb / The girl with the watermelons (Farniente summer 2017) / Le boss of your company (Back to work 2017) in a future event as a recruitable girl?

Nothing is impossible, as long as they aren’t foes in-world.

3) Is there someone with a similar power (SSJ) as ours in the Haremverse? (When the world on DBZ/DBS will come?)

There are appearances similar to SSJ, but which the way to attain are different (I can’t say too much, something’s coming in October 2018). In short, similar appearance, but origins and effects completely different.

The Hero’s power comes from a Demon Fruit. They are extremely rare, but can come in several iterations. So it’s not impossible to come across other SSJ’s. Some of the powers granted by the fruit imitate the power of angels (Abraël’s power imitates the powers of the Succubus family of angels, for example).

4) Are there sealed Goddesses/demons in an area/object or in hibernation within the Haremverse?

Yes, but I won’t go further than that for now.

5) Is there an area/world were some AI and androids can live as a “kingdom/society” in the Haremverse?

No. As said before, the Yonaguni were at the point of creating such machines. But they were stopped before such connexions between machines could exist.

6) Will we be able to go to: Crystal City / The Mist Island / The Academy of Mages and Mercenaries in a future event or World?

The Academy of Mages and Mercenaries is a place already visited. It’s the floating base in which the Hero starts in World 9 and in which All Mastery appears at the end of World 9. For the others, maybe someday. It’s not excluded, but it certainly isn’t planned.

7) Concerning the names of the palace services on HH, I can see names like “Igor - Jeeves - Alfred…” except unless proven otherwise, Igor isn’t a girl’s name but a guy’s name, just like Jeeves and Alfred… Is something amiss?

No, it’s just that the parents of the palace services wanted some of their kids to be boys and had already chosen their names. Because they’re pig-headed, they decided to keep the names they’d initially chosen.

• Slynia locked this topic