Why does Default Theme now cost 600 Kobans?

Graedwulf

I changed my Default Theme I started off with in the game to a different theme and now I can't switch back to the one I started the game with unless I pay 600 Kobans.  How did that happen?

Also, I started this game a couple of days ago and have 7 girls, and yet the weekly leaderboard says I only have 5.  Am I missing something?

Responses are much appreciated.  Thanks!

Can you specify what you mean with theme?

With the girls it could be that you recently got 2 new girls (within the last 2,5 hours), which would mean that the ToF hasn't updated since you got those two girls.
If you go to your profile page, it should state the correct number of girls.

11 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

Also, I started this game a couple of days ago and have 7 girls, and yet the weekly leaderboard says I only have 5

The weekly leaderboard tells you that you got 5 girls this week, not the total amount. That's why it's called the WEEKLY leaderboard. To see how many girls you actually have you should follow Chthughas advice or switch to "All time" instead of "Weekly" on the leaderboard.

Just now, Chthugha said:

Can you specify what you mean with theme?

With the girls it could be that you recently got 2 new girls (within the last 2,5 hours), which would mean that the ToF hasn't updated since you got those two girls.
If you go to your profile page, it should state the correct number of girls.

When I go to my "Profile" from the options on the upper right hand corner, my theme for just me was the one where the far left side is a red gate square and the far right of it there is a tree on the ground and a moon up above.  I then changed my theme to one of the other free ones to see what I thought about it, and as soon as it saved and I went to check out one of the other free ones, I saw that my original one I started with, the one I explained earlier, now costs 600 Kobans as opposed to it being my free default like it was before.

And for the girls, I doubt it.  I clicked on other people's profiles and I have noticed that a lot of people are experiencing this issue too.  Their profile will show 7 girls like what mine does, but the weekly girls will only show 5.  Which makes no sense because I only started a couple of days ago so I should be at 7.  I even waited after the rank refresh happened and it didn't change.

2 minutes ago, dsfs said:

The weekly leaderboard tells you that you got 5 girls this week, not the total amount. That's why it's called the WEEKLY leaderboard. To see how many girls you actually have you should follow Chthughas advice or switch to "All time" instead of "Weekly" on the leaderboard.

I started playing on the 24th though, so literally a couple of days ago, which is in the same week that this weekly challenge is currently going on.  So all 7 of my girls I have should be my total number of girls for this weekly challenge.  Right  ?

7 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

I started playing on the 24th though, so literally a couple of days ago, which is in the same week that this weekly challenge is currently going on.  So all 7 of my girls I have should be my total number of girls for this weekly challenge.  Right  ?

When did you get your last two girls?

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

When did you get your last two girls?

The last two girls I got were probably about 20 hours ago.  So a while ago. I already leveled one of them up 2 stars and the other one is at 1 star, and will be at 2 once I get the Affection points needed.

I hope that this game can somehow reflect I have 7 on the weekly thing since I started in the middle of the event.  Losing out on the potential 500k cash in this game would hurt because I've been wanting to get that.

And my Default Theme going from being free, as a default, to being 600 Kobans just because I change it to a different free one to check it out is weird too.  I am reluctant to change this free one I am currently on (low sunset with boat dock in background) to another free one because I'm afraid that this free one will be another 600 Kobans too if I change it.  But again, why would that be the case?  Why show free and then charge if I change to what I think is a free one?  Just confused.

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

With respect to the theme:
It's weird you got that default theme, because it always was one you had to pay kobans for.

With respect to the ToF:
Can you check if your all-time ranking is at least correct?

Pay Kobans for the one with the red gate on the far left and the right side there being tentacles growing from the ground with a tree being there and a moon being up there?  That's weird because I started the game with that.  Worst idea ever to change that default picture to check out others if that really does normally cost Kobans.  REALLY bad luck on my end. 

With respect to the ToF:  

My all-time ranking is correct.  But I don't see why my all-time ranking would be any different than my weekly ranking, given the fact that I started playing this game this week, on Wednesday October 24th.

6 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

Pay Kobans for the one with the red gate on the far left and the right side there being tentacles growing from the ground with a tree being there and a moon being up there?  That's weird because I started the game with that.  Worst idea ever to change that default picture to check out others if that really does normally cost Kobans.  REALLY bad luck on my end. 

With respect to the ToF:  

My all-time ranking is correct.  But I don't see why my all-time ranking would be any different than my weekly ranking, given the fact that I started playing this game this week, on Wednesday October 24th.

Okay, so here's what you can do.
I would say both of them are bugs.
You shouldn't start with a theme that you have to pay for as default, that's just weird.
ToF has a lot of these small bugs, and you are another one for whom it has to be fixed.
Send an e-mail to contact-hh@hentaiheroes.com explaining both bugs (include your in-game name and ID number).

The reason I wanted to know if the all-time ranking was bugged as well, is because I've seen that happen on my test server account.
If the all-time ranking isn't bugged, then it is a different bug.

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

You shouldn't start with a theme that you have to pay for as default, that's just weird.
ToF has a lot of these small bugs, and you are another one for whom it has to be fixed.
Send an e-mail to contact-hh@hentaiheroes.com explaining both bugs (include your in-game name and ID number).

The reason I wanted to know if the all-time ranking was bugged as well, is because I've seen that happen on my test server account.

Okay sounds good, I can do that.  It just overall seems I got really unlucky here, which is really unfortunate.  Stressful start to a game I've put some dedication in off the bat because it excited me.  I appreciate your responses, so thank you for your time.

11 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

By the way, is it normal in the market for the "Equipment" category that if I want to level up things myself using the in-game money that for every time I hit the + button on the right side (instead of equipping an item, you know the thing in the middle right box), the money needed for the next time I press it again is $2 more than the previous one as opposed to $1?  Since those other two things are buggy, I'm wondering if I have been getting screwed on that or not as well.

5 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

By the way, is it normal in the market for the "Equipment" category that if I want to level up things myself using the in-game money that for every time I hit the + button on the right side (instead of equipping an item, you know the thing in the middle right box), the money needed for the next time I press it again is $2 more than the previous one as opposed to $1?  Since those other two things are buggy, I'm wondering if I have been getting screwed on that or not as well.

No, that's normal.
With the first 2000 points you buy, the price increases with 2, the next 2000 points the price will increase with 4, then with 6, etc.

4 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

No, that's normal.
With the first 2000 points you buy, the price increases with 2, the next 2000 points the price will increase with 4, then with 6, etc.

Okay sounds good, thanks again for the help.  I hope you have a great rest of your day/night

13 hours ago, Chthugha said:

No, that's normal.

Just to let you know, I did send them an email relatively shortly after your message telling me to.  I put your name and mentioned you are a moderator in the title and subject of the email and explained myself.  As of this moment I still haven't gotten an email from them yet, but I will keep you informed.

10 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

Just to let you know, I did send them an email relatively shortly after your message telling me to.  I put your name and mentioned you are a moderator in the title and subject of the email and explained myself.  As of this moment I still haven't gotten an email from them yet, but I will keep you informed.

They don't work on the weekend.
Did you put your game user ID and that you were from hentaiheroes in the email? because they have another version called haremheroes that is hosted by another gaming company as well.

14 hours ago, Chthugha said:

It sounds like they might have fixed the "things that happened before account registration aren't counted for the ToF" bug for the all-time ranking, but not for the weekly.

@Graedwulf Can you check if there are discrepancies in any of the other 8 listings as well? Money spent, XP and Harem level are the particularly interesting ones, perhaps Mojo as well.

Edit: Okay, that was dumb of me. Your username is unusual enough that I was able to find you and look up your data myself just now. All the other stats check out fine, so it's not the old pre-registration bug. Not a clue why the girls count alone is off, unless it's the sole remnant of that bug.

Edited by _shal_

7 hours ago, natstar said:

Did you put your game user ID and that you were from hentaiheroes in the email? because they have another version called haremheroes that is hosted by another gaming company as well.

Oh okay.  Well that's unfortunate then given that the event ends tomorrow.  I should have been in the top 100, instead I will most likely be in the top 1,000 so I will miss out on a lot of money, xp, and better gifts.  I hope they can help me out in some way over this, that would be appreciated.  I did put my game user ID like what the Moderator said, but I did not specify that it was this game.  Just my in-game name and ID like I was told.  Shoot.  Think I should email them again saying that it's for this game or wait until I get a response?

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

It sounds like they might have fixed the "things that happened before account registration aren't counted for the ToF" bug for the all-time ranking, but not for the weekly.

@Graedwulf Can you check if there are discrepancies in any of the other 8 listings as well? Money spent, XP and Harem level are the particularly interesting ones, perhaps Mojo as well.

Edit: Okay, that was dumb of me. Your username is unusual enough that I was able to find you and look up your data myself just now. All the other stats check out fine, so it's not the old pre-registration bug. Not a clue why the girls count alone is off, unless it's the sole remnant of that bug.

Yeah that bug for the weekly is upsetting for me mainly because as a new player, that extra money and xp would have gone a really long ways for me.  I hope they can help me out in some way, but we can see.  I am super heartbroken about the loss of a theme I was given to me as a free default too.

And thanks for taking the time to check out my other stats, that was nice of you.  And by no means was it dumb of you!  You reached out to my post in order to help me out.  So what a nice guy/girl.  It is ALWAYS the thought that counts, so you the REAL MVP.

On 10/27/2018 at 4:25 AM, Chthugha said:

No, that's normal.

at this point I still haven't gotten an email reply yet.  Still awaiting a response.  Just thought I'd give you an update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, natstar said:

Since I haven't gotten an answer yet to my original email, I sent them another email and this time specifically said Hentai Heroes on it, so hopefully that helps.  Just wanted to give you an update, since you provided the solid idea.

Ah, yeah, I forgot to mention that I'd checked the profiles of a few players who registered for the game around the same time you did - most of them have that background theme as well. I'm guessing there was a temporary(?) bug where new players were accidentally assigned a paid theme by default rather than one of the free ones. I'm honestly not sure if you should expect to see any sort of compensation for that. :|

Edited by _shal_

5 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Ah, yeah, I forgot to mention that I'd checked the profiles of a few players who registered for the game around the same time you did - most of them have that background theme as well. I'm guessing there was a temporary(?) bug where new players were accidentally assigned a paid theme by default rather than one of the free ones. I'm honestly not sure if you should expect to see any sort of compensation for that. :|

Yeah I noticed that too when checking out newer players.  I'm not sure if I will get any sort of compensation for that either, but one can only hope, right? :)  I feel really unlucky though for changing my background theme and that happened, that was pretty discouraging.  Either way, the devs now know about this bug that may or may not still be going on, so that's good.  Thanks for looking into that _shal_!