Please Correct The Spelling Of:

Graedwulf

Ever since I was a kid growing up, I learned that only for ONE hair color is there a different way to spell it (depending on the gender).  Weird, right?

Keeping that in mind, I noticed that on the Harems that have "Blond" hair that it is spelt as "Blond".  But that is actually how you spell a GUY who has Blond hair.  A Girl has Blonde hair.  I don't know why, but it irks me a little bit when I see one of my girls (ex: Solveig) have her Hair Color listed as Blond instead of Blonde.

I would really be thankful if the spelling of "Blond" would change to "Blonde" on the Harem girls description for those who have Blonde hair.  Thanks!

On 11/9/2018 at 9:23 AM, Graedwulf said:

Ever since I was a kid growing up, I learned that only for ONE hair color is there a different way to spell it (depending on the gender).  Weird, right?

Believe it or not, there is a second. Brunet is a guy with brown hair, and Brunette is a girl with brown hair.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, Moe Overload said:

Believe it or not, there is a second. Brunet is a guy with brown hair, and Brunette is a girl with brown hair.

Oh wow that's interesting, I have never heard of that before.  Thanks for that fun fact!

22 hours ago, Tiffany said:

Actually, the English words are blond and brunet with variants blonde and brunette. It is perfectly acceptable to use blond or brunet in all case.  It is just convention that the variants blonde and brunette ore often used for girls.

Emphasis on convention that those are used for girls!  I don't know, it just really bothers me.  It's an easy fix and that way it is blatantly obvious that it is girls being referred to when it says "blonde".

Hentai Heroes = Blonde     while     Gay Harem = Blond

23 hours ago, Chthugha said:

It's because English steals everything from other languages.
This is something they stole from French, and never changed.

What do you mean by that?  Sorry not sure on the details there

19 hours ago, ScrubNoob said:

Well the e ending versions are the feminine forms of the words in French. Considering both are acceptable in English and the servers are in a French speaking country, I'm not surprised that they were translated without changing the conjugation of those words.

Why would that NOT surprise you?  I would think that it would.  If the e ending version is in French.  And the servers are in French.  You think they WOULD put the e ending version for blonde.  Am I missing something there?

31 minutes ago, Graedwulf said:

What do you mean by that?  Sorry not sure on the details there

Why would that NOT surprise you?  I would think that it would.  If the e ending version is in French.  And the servers are in French.  You think they WOULD put the e ending version for blonde.  Am I missing something there?

The words blond(e) and brunet(te) originate from the French language.
In French they usually put something like an e behind adjectives if they are with female nouns.
In English the whole female/male thing has faded in the language.

To explain the first sentence... English is a mixture of mostly Romance languages (mostly French) and Germanic languages (old German).
You took over some grammatical things as well, leaving some of these quirks out there.
Let's just say that English is a very strange language with a lot of exceptions.

If memory serves me, I read in the book "Ivanhoe" that the modern English language is the result of the evolution of the fusion of the languages of the Normans invasors (who has southern, latin roots) with the resident Saxons (who had a northern, germanic language). With this mischief and the fact that some centuries later the British Empire built the largest naval (both commercial and military) empire of all times, due to the British East India Company, I think it is not surprising that the English language in time became so contaminated.

English is the linguistic equivalent of the cheap whore that everyone has fucked and has every single STD imaginable. English borrows from every language its come into contact with. Fun fact. English used to have noun declensions. However, there were so many loanwords and no one could figure out how to properly decline the loanwords that noun declension fell out of style. Pretty much only pronouns are declined these days (the difference between he and him, or we and us).

A lot more responses to this topic than I was expecting lol.  Thanks for all the interesting information everyone!

I still think it would be better to establish blonde in this game and blond in Gay Harem.  Probably won't happen though lol.  Hope you all have been having a great week!