Newb questions

ZackMacKenzie

I didn't see answers to these particular questions in the FAQs or Q&As...

Events & Girls

I'm seeing that people are complaining about hundreds to thousands of battles with bosses without winning a girl.  It's made me wonder if there aren't some little-known rules behind this.

*  During Events, do you have to earn the girls from bosses IN ORDER, from lowest to highest?

*  Are your chances to win girls better, worse or the same once you've maxed out the boss' level?

*  In the FAQs it mentions that the Dark Lord and Ninja Spy award girls "pretty fast" relatively speaking.  Does this apply to event girls as well as their scripted team of girls?

*  Are the odds of receiving a girl different in events that include Rares vs. Epics vs. Legendaries?

*  It took me 281 battles with the Ninja Spy to get his complete team.  Is that typical, relatively slow or relatively fast?

*  I'm already 216 battles into this event and empty handed.  It sounds like that's to be expected in general, assuming that the odds don't change from boss to boss. 

EDIT:  * If you hit "Skip" during the fight can you still win a girl?

Contests & Leagues

For some contests there are multiple awards levels that appear to be identical, e.g. 2 random drops, no money, no kobans at several of the lowest prize tiers.  Is there any difference in drop value/scarcity between these tiers?  I'd love to know if they're functionally the same so as to not waste resources for no chance at a better return. 

Thank you kindly.

Edited by ZackMacKenzie

No you dont have to win in any order its random.the chances are the same.its all about luck so some people or at least most are lucky with them.the odds only change from event girls to normal. The event have a slight higher chance to get easier. The amount can chamge i have maxed out all the bosses and still need three or four girls. And skiping does nothing to your chances . i think thats everything

2 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

1) During Events, do you have to earn the girls from bosses IN ORDER, from lowest to highest?
2) Are your chances to win girls better, worse or the same once you've maxed out the boss' level?
3) In the FAQs it mentions that the Dark Lord and Ninja Spy award girls "pretty fast" relatively speaking.  Does this apply to event girls as well as their scripted team of girls?
4) Are the odds of receiving a girl different in events that include Rares vs. Epics vs. Legendaries?
5) It took me 281 battles with the Ninja Spy to get his complete team.  Is that typical, relatively slow or relatively fast?
6) I'm already 216 battles into this event and empty handed.  It sounds like that's to be expected in general, assuming that the odds don't change from boss to boss.
7) If you hit "Skip" during the fight can you still win a girl?
8 ) For some contests there are multiple awards levels that appear to be identical, e.g. 2 random drops, no money, no kobans at several of the lowest prize tiers.  Is there any difference in drop value/scarcity between these tiers?  I'd love to know if they're functionally the same so as to not waste resources for no chance at a better return.

I numbered your questions to make answering to them easier.

1) No.
2) Same.
3) No, only for the regular boss girls.
4) We don't have the exact drop rates, but it seems that Rare and Epic girls have the same drop rate, while Legendary ones have lowered drop rate. Anyway all girls in an event have the same drop rate.
5) Don't remember, sorry.
6) As you said.
7) Yes, the result of a fight is calculated at the start of it.
8 ) I usually receive better rewards from higher tiers.

Edited by Mythos
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help!

I came up with another question, this time about Pachinko.

Does the Legendary equipment guaranteed with the 10-spin Great Pachinko option vary day-by-day?  I've used it only in the last couple of days, and 4 of the 6 spins returned a Legendary Pet, and all 4 were 5-way bumps.  And for what it's worth, the highest level pet wasn't nearly as good as one I'd received earlier, regardless of hero specialty.

The 15 equipment types per slot are for flavour only, they have absolutely no specific individual features, and thus it's completely random whether you get the kitten, doggy, parrot, seagull etc. for the companion slot. If you happen to get the same multiple times in a row, that's just random noise. Equipment stats are also entirely random, within a specific range that depends on your hero level. The ranges are pretty large, much larger than the baseline difference for each level-up, so it can happen that a piece of equipment you got at level X is stronger than another piece you see available at some level >X, simply because you got a lucky roll for the older item and an unlucky roll for the newer one.

Edit: As for the Ninja spy, it took me 66 + 46 + 244 = 356 battles to get all three girls. Nobody can say with certainty what an "average" drop looks like, but as the individual numbers for my 3 drops indicate, there will be players who get relatively lucky on all 3 girls and might be done in under 200 total, but it's just as possible that each girl alone will take 200+. The nature of randomness is that any arbitrarily lucky or unlucky result can theoretically happen. But, in general the Dark Lord and Ninja spy drops are indeed quicker than those of the later bosses.

Edited by _shal_