Betatest objectives

jijo250

With the new shard system coming out in about 12 hours from now, one would have thought that the devs would have gave us access on that system before it goes live. You know, to betatest, or to find any unknown bugs in the system.

Now I can see why the devs would be angry with us, as there was a Tower Of Fame refresh bug that none of us caught. So I can understand why they would lock out TOF for us, or even more parts of the game because of that.

This is beta-testing. We should get a crack at the new systems before they go live. I do not mind if 90% of the game gets lock out, just so that we can focus on the new system. That's what beta-testing is for. Just let us know that stuff is going to be locked out, so we don't waste our time reporting something that was intended. I do not mind if the announcement is in French, it would just mean running to google translate; I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend too much time giving instructions out.

Anyone who thinks about using the betatest account over their live account should deserve to have their betatest account heavily edited.

i agree 100% that anything should be tested over there for at least 1-2 weeks.
moreover i agree that the players shouldnt take the test server too serious...

but no features should be locked out,
because the bugs that screw up a game the most are the very unexpected ones,
when parts of a new feature (or its coding) affect earlier features.

its already difficult enough that the test server community is much smaller,
like the very first issues about the league resets, heavy lags or when league totally broke for a few hours,
simply havent happened over there...

last but not least i agree that the devs have to take over a part of the responsibilety,
if an abusable bug finds its way on the live server, because there wasnt enough testing...
but then its their task to fix it as fast as possible... but its the players task not to abuse it!

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm sorry what? There's no release date for when the shard system is happening. I have no clue what would make you think it's coming out 12 hours from your post.

Oops, I misread the Attraction Presentation post. I thought it said that it will be release in tandem  with the next event. Rereading that post, nowhere does it say that. Sorry about that. I jumped the gun on that one.

Well, now it's all kinds of messed up, with nothing from the devs.  I guess I just need to step away from this server until they can get their act together. Because using a work-around over barriers that should be working, without instructions stating that they were shutdown for this run, seems very counter productive.