Champions reward disappointing

SpinelesS

Was really hoping that

After the previous 4 rewards has been awarded, the champion will reward the player with a Legendary Gift

Was referring to a unique item and wasn't literally a legendary gift aka an affection item.

Sadly that wasn't the case :(

Is there any chance of at least giving a unique piece of equipment when you gain everything for the first time?

dissapointing.png

51 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Just because they are called gifts it's not easy to remember them, they increase affection so i always called them affection items.

So you call books level items?

Gift is easy to remember. It means present, something to give to a girlfriend, like flowers. Easy word, easy to find (it is literally in the game), so no excuse to not know those things are referred to in the patch notes. Itln this case it is the player's fault if he doesn't know what gifts refer to.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If you're KH, that item is fantastic. If you're not, meh.

KH? I see using the item as a net loss on almost every level no matter what class the user is playing. I would have been better off getting the monetary reward from the previous round instead of this piece of crap.

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Pelinor said:

KH? I see using the item as a net loss on almost every level no matter what class the user is playing. I would have been better off getting the monetary reward from the previous round instead of this piece of crap.

KH = Know-how/Expert.

Champions feature works differently, so this assessment is just for arena/leagues.
This item represents gaining 716 damage versus every opponent instead of 433 hardcore defence, 438 charm defence, 435.5 know-how defence, only one of which is relevant at a time. This means for every hit you exchange with your opponent, you're now dealing nearly 300 more than you're taking.
They'd get 716*5 = 3580 endurance versus losing (876*2+911) = 2663 so an overall gain of 917.
Harmony is indeed lost, but diminishing returns mean that you don't need that much harmony to be effective.

You are free to see it however you like, the facts say that this item is stronger. If you just want the monetary reward, well that's why selling it exists.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

KH = Know-how/Expert.

Champions feature works differently, so this assessment is just for arena/leagues.
This item represents gaining 716 damage versus every opponent instead of 433 hardcore defence, 438 charm defence, 435.5 know-how defence, only one of which is relevant at a time. This means for every hit you exchange with your opponent, you're now dealing nearly 300 more than you're taking.
They'd get 716*5 = 3580 endurance versus losing (876*2+911) = 2663 so an overall gain of 917.
Harmony is indeed lost, but diminishing returns mean that you don't need that much harmony to be effective.

You are free to see it however you like, the facts say that this item is stronger. If you just want the monetary reward, well that's why selling it exists.

With all due respect, you are pointing out the one positive of the award and failing to mention the loss in endurance and harmony coming with the item. Yes, I sold it at a net loss of over 60k from what I would have received as a battle award. Since I am not playing a KH based character, this was an inadequate award for the time spent in obtaining it.

9 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

you are pointing out the one positive of the award and failing to mention the loss in endurance and harmony coming with the item

I mentioned the gain in Endurance

45 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Harmony is hard to quantify because it gives you a percentage based on your opponent's value, but the opponent can only have 1 harmony trigger no matter how high their percentage is. If you still have at least two other rainbows of a similar level to yourself, the loss is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

With all due respect, you are pointing out the one positive of the award and failing to mention the loss in endurance and harmony coming with the item. Yes, I sold it at a net loss of over 60k from what I would have received as a battle award. Since I am not playing a KH based character, this was an inadequate award for the time spent in obtaining it.

Maybe you'll get luckier with your next mono stat item from a champion and it'll be for endurance, those have very high numbers.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Maybe you'll get luckier with your next mono stat item from a champion and it'll be for endurance, those have very high numbers.

It was my understanding that this item would be better than the rainbow item I have now (and it should be given the last set I won was 15 levels ago). The way @GeorgeMTO explained it when he said

"Harmony is hard to quantify because it gives you a percentage based on your opponent's value, but the opponent can only have 1 harmony trigger no matter how high their percentage is. If you still have at least two other rainbows of a similar level to yourself, the loss is irrelevant"

provided significant insight on how to look at the awards, but I was expecting at least a twin stat item or something that looked more original than the gold chest armor with a 150% change to the KH number.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 11:59 PM, Pelinor said:

It is disappointing to get an award that looks like this

champions-reward (1).png

I get the same thing , i win the same 2 items every stage ,either a head band or a shirt?? Ive had 4 head bands level 148 and up  and 3 shirts level 149 and up , but pants are still only 115 , and my weopon a level 79?? Frustrating!!

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

Latest round with Ryu, my reward was the same theme pic I received the first time I went 5-rounds with him! If that isn't a disappointment, I don't know what is.

There are 4 unique rewards that all have an identical appearance when viewed as the given reward.
the girls backround for

1) 1 girl

2) 4 girls

3) 9 girls.

as well as the players own background.

32 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There are 4 unique rewards that all have an identical appearance when viewed as the given reward.
the girls backround for

1) 1 girl

2) 4 girls

3) 9 girls.

as well as the players own background.

And in what way does this make the reward any less of a disappointment to the player? Defeat the champion, and now you get to post more girls on your wall. Hell, we won't even bother making it look like a different time of day in the same location because you might be happy with that minor change to show our appreciation.

2 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

And in what way does this make the reward any less of a disappointment to the player? Defeat the champion, and now you get to post more girls on your wall. Hell, we won't even bother making it look like a different time of day in the same location because you might be happy with that minor change to show our appreciation.

😕

I'm terribly sorry, I can't see where I said that it shouldn't be disappointing, that was not my intent. Can you bold the exact words for me? I'd like to avoid that in the future.

I was simply providing clarification as to how you didn't receive the same theme. It's visually similar but different.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

😕

I'm terribly sorry, I can't see where I said that it shouldn't be disappointing, that was not my intent. Can you bold the exact words for me? I'd like to avoid that in the future.

I was simply providing clarification as to how you didn't receive the same theme. It's visually similar but different.

Apology accepted. Your statement had a sense of condescending because I didn't know there were four so-called unique rewards that happened to look identical. And my apologies to you for having taken your comment the wrong way when I read it.