Event Pachinko

The description says "high chance of event girl or event avatar and guarantees 3 legendary items"

I won 4 Items, there were no avatars left for me to win, therefor I should have gotten a girl,

if it said, I would not have done it: 

"high chance of event girl or event avatar or legendary and guarantees 3 legendary items"

Yes, the developers should have been very specific in the awards and worded it like you said.  But instead they left it open to the possible outcome you have received.

And if I had to guess, being the cynical ex-businessman that I am, my bet is they intentionally left it open to interpretation and to the possible result you received without specifically stating so.  If they did state the exact possible outcomes, most likely, more players would have your reaction and not play.

It's either that or they just plain suck at writing in English.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rubrub said:

there were no avatars left for me to win, therefor I should have gotten a girl

No. That's not how it works. The odds of getting a girl with every spin of EvP are 22.5%, that's a well-known fact in the community by now, and it's been confirmed by the devs. It's true that it's not stated in the game itself, though, and that the "high chance" mention is quite misleading if that's all the information you've acquired before deciding to throw kobans on this. You actually have a 77.5% chance to not get a girl. That's the most common result you should expect from that pachinko.

Having said that, as misleading as it is, there's no way a reasonable person would misinterpret "a high chance" as a guarantee, as your post suggests that you did. Especially if you're really talking about just one spin, which is the tiniest possible sample size known to man.

Also, just so you know, avatars have their own separate odds. How many avatars you own has no impact whatsoever on your odds of getting a girl (that's also true for Mythic Pachinko, notably). Considering how many avatars are already in the game and how many are being added every month... buying them all would require an astronomical koban investment. If you really did that, I hope you are quite wealthy in real life and can afford to spend that much real money on this game.

The other possibility is that you're fairly new at this game, and you think you bought all the avatars, but you only bought the tiny amount of them that were available for you to buy from your own player profile. Avatars only become available to you when the girl they're related to is in an event that takes place after you've created your account. They don't disappear when the event ends, but you need to have been playing for at least a full year before buying most (let alone all) of the existing avatars even becomes possible.

I'll give you one piece of advice, free of charge: if you want good results, a little bit of research can go a long way. It's much more effective than just throwing money on things without first knowing how they work, if that's what you've been doing (as your post suggests). Take it or leave it, that's up to you. Good luck, have fun, in any case.

• Like 1

Well I didn't know about the 22.5%. But besides that, I do not have an issue with not winning a girl, per se. 

But in this case it says a high chance for a girl or an avatar. The "or" is the important part, which implies one of the two. 

There were no avatars left for me to win within this event. Therefore it should result in winning a girl. 

Edited by rubrub
  • Thinking 1

34 minutes ago, rubrub said:

Well I didn't know about the 22.5%. But besides that, I do not have an issue with not winning a girl, per se. 

But in this case it says a high chance for a girl or an avatar. The "or" is the important part, which implies one of the two. 

There were no avatars left for me to win within this event. Therefore it should result in winning a girl. 

Nope. Than it would say you get a girl or an avatar. There is no mention that there is a guaranteed girl/avatar. You have the high chance on a girl by your logic, because the or part is out of the picture. The only thing it implies that you can't get both, but that you have a high chance to get either of them. This is wrong though. You can get both as well, so the text should be and/or. Which in turn means the 3 guaranteed equips is false information, and should say 2 instead of 3.

Anyway, long story short, the or here is limited by the high chance, meaning no guarantee. So this is on you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rubrub said:

Therefore it should result in winning a girl on the occasions that the spin is a winning one. I'm puzzled how you've managed to conclude for yourself that a shrinking reward pool would somehow eliminate the possibility of drawing a blank.

Did you actually straight-up buy all the event avatars or something? If you've won them all by Event Pachinko as well, then surely you must have noticed before that it's possible to have spins that drop neither a girl nor an avatar, only 4 items.

Edited by _shal_
  • Haha 1

Let's copy the text in event pachinko:

"4games"option gives a high chance for 1 Event girl or 1 Event Avatar and guarantees 3 legendary items

if there are no Event avatars because you have bought or won all of them, you can put the text this way

"4games"option gives a high chance for 1 Event girl or 1 Event Avatar and guarantees 3 legendary items

"4games"option gives a high chance for 1 Event girl and guarantees 3 legendary items

That is, the girl is not guaranteed Q.E.D.

I also learned the hard way that Pachinko is a trap. It may be high chance compared to Epic pachinko, which is even worse. But in and of itself it's not a high chance if it's less than 50% IMO. The reality is you have a high chance for anything, but the girl.

The way it functions I'd wager that the wording is intentional not because it's open to interpretations, but rather because it clumps the separate chances of getting a girl or an avatar together. I have no doubt that an avatar has a rate of 50% or above so together they would have 70%+ chance of dropping either one. But after you get all avatars, the "high chance" statement becomes practically untrue. It's likely you still can't argue against it from a legal/technical standpoint, as they'll invoke that it only applies under the implicit condition that both girls and avatars are available.

To make my point clearer - the following examples are also all true:

You have a high chance of getting a girl or a legendary.

You have a high chance of getting an avatar or a legendary.

You have a high chance of getting an avatar.

Edited by LanceHardwood

3 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

But in and of itself it's not a high chance if it's less than 50% IMO.

Out of curiosity, if someone told you that you have a 30% chance of dying within the next 5 minutes, do you think that's unfair to say you have a high chance of dying? What's high is relative, and other than the guaranteed option, Event Pachinko does indeed have a comparatively high drop rate.

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Out of curiosity, if someone told you that you have a 30% chance of dying within the next 5 minutes, do you think that's unfair to say you have a high chance of dying? What's high is relative, and other than the guaranteed option, Event Pachinko does indeed have a comparatively high drop rate.

If it didn't concern me dying, it wouldn't, but subjectively in that situation it would be high for me, because I don't want to die. When personal survival is concerned, fear plays a huge role in exaggerating the danger in order to ensure survival. You're trying to make a point by invoking the strongest of personal feelings - not cool really.

Now if you were to give me a proper example, not involving life-or-death situations - let's say that my lightbulb has 30% of burning out in the next 5 minutes, that wouldn't be a high chance for me. Do you see how the less-charged context determines the perception ?

The pachinko context is similar to the lightbulb in that it's low stakes. Now you say it's comparatively high, where the metric would be Epic Pachinko I'm guessing ? Iin a realm of low odds, obviously it's going to be a comparatively high chance, but the text in the game doesn't feature "comparatively" does it. 

Since there's no formal definition for high chance in general, the proper question to ask oneself is - without a basis for comparison and outside of a gambling context where perception is skewed due to pre-accepted expectations of losing - what is 22.5% comparatively higher to ? Definitely not to the chance of losing, which is a whopping 77.5%. This subconscious perception is what the advertising on the Epic Pachinko preys on. And the explanation which you're buying into, is the justification they give as to why you didn't get a girl. That's not even the issue here, as I'm sure the % chance of getting a (girl or avatar) is above 50. The shady part is that they're clumping two categories into one group and labeling it collectively "high chance", where in reality only one category appears to be favored.

7 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

If it didn't concern me dying, it wouldn't, but subjectively in that situation it would be high for me, because I don't want to die. When personal survival is concerned, fear plays a huge role in exaggerating the danger in order to ensure survival. You're trying to make a point by invoking the strongest of personal feelings - not cool really.

Now if you were to give me a proper example, not involving life-or-death situations - let's say that my lightbulb has 30% of burning out in the next 5 minutes, that wouldn't be a high chance for me. Do you see how the less-charged context determines the perception ?

The pachinko context is similar to the lightbulb in that it's low stakes. Now you say it's comparatively high, where the metric would be Epic Pachinko I'm guessing ? Iin a realm of low odds, obviously it's going to be a comparatively high chance, but the text in the game doesn't feature "comparatively" does it. 

Since there's no formal definition for high chance in general, the proper question to ask oneself is - without a basis for comparison and outside of a gambling context where perception is skewed due to pre-accepted expectations of losing - what is 22.5% comparatively higher to ? Definitely not to the chance of losing, which is a whopping 77.5%. This subconscious perception is what the advertising on the Epic Pachinko preys on. And the explanation which you're buying into, is the justification they give as to why you didn't get a girl. That's not even the issue here, as I'm sure the % chance of getting a (girl or avatar) is above 50. The shady part is that they're clumping two categories into one group and labeling it collectively "high chance", where in reality only one category appears to be favored.

Okay, let's put this in an actual perspective related to this. Give me an example of any gacha game where there is a 22.5% chance or more to win the big prize, excluding guaranteed drops like the 10x epic pachinko, because no chance is involved there. High chances in gacha games go up to maybe 10% if you are lucky.

Comparing it to a lightbulb is as much out of context as comparing it to a life or death situation. The fact is that you put an artificial boundary on it yourself, which happens to be unrealistic in the kind of game you are playing. You can bet your life on it that 50% or higher is never going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...