League & Time Zones

Pundi

Sorry, but the way you build the league simply is nasty.

High Level player fighting for place 16-30 because that way they gain good rewards.
- If you get on place 15, then you get up into a league where you have no chance at all. So all you can do is waiting a week to get down again....
- Time zone is important. For me it resets at 5 o'clock. So that means that I cannot take place in the "critical" hours to gain a place between 16-30. (So this morning I was on 31)
- And of course: Having the monthly card simply gives you someting that is simply unusable - doing 15 Fights in the leagues is something you cannot do if you do not want to risk being in the top 15.

Please: Look at the leagues! Look how people are not doing fights to stay below 15 in the last 2 days of a league week. Look at the reality: How is it done in real leagues. How much money to people get?

Sorry, but this simply makes an important part of the game to something that is really bothering. It is a shame that I spend money in the past on this game when it gets that bad. (And I had to edit my text multiple times while writing it because I had to remove harsh words ....)

• Like 1

It is the way it is, nobody is forcing you to participate. That's why it's called tower of fame,). Only the most dedicated get to get to the top. I'm fine with my mediocre participation. If you want bigger gains, grind yourself some exp, adjust your schedule a bit and dig on those epic/legendary boosters.

@Cantrix
Thank you for your reply. Your "adjust your schedule a bit" simply proofes my point, because you agree that it is important when you are active. So the current system simply gives advantages to people in other timezones. (Something that was already discussed in the past in other threads where the reply was, that this is not true, because you can do all your fights in time whenever you want. But the core problem is, that you do not want to do all your fights - something that simply is a sign that something is wrong.)

But the "It is the way it is, nobody is forcing you to participate." must be a joke! You are aware that this is the Suggestions area?
Sorry but please think about the suggestion and reply to it in a usefull manner. Just reacting like that is nasty!

And your last hints regarding possibilities made me laugh. Without boosters it is no problem to get into top 15 in Dicktator I and even with boosters there is no chance to get in top 75 in Dicktator II. Something that you should have known when you startet in 2017....

Whatever reset time for leagues is chosen will impact people from some time zones. You are in western europe so it resets when you are sleeping and you cannot do the last fights to reach that 30th place, and if you do more battles in advance you will risk ending in 15th place and promote to higher leagues. You have to choose and take the risk or your only other option is to get up before the reset (but I don't recommend changing your sleep pattern).

Remember there are many other players trying to do the same as you (placing 16-30) so some people will not reach that objective.

About the free 15 battle button with monthly card, is a convenience feature, but you are not forced to use it, it is intended for people with little free time that don't bother with their place in the league. If you want to place in especific positions you have to do every battle manually. Your complain about it is not related with the promoting problem.

• Like 2

I partially agree with the time concearn of topicstarter. But yeah, that has been discussed multiple times already and the devs don't seem to care about it (I personally have to get up at 5.50 AM now, after the spring timechange, to do the stuff needed). My greatest concearn, though, is the system itself, when you're not competing for the best result you can achieve, but competing for a specific place, namely 16-30 (otherwise you're gonna promote and be punished and GeorgeMTO will be glad about it) with all the waste of combativity and limitations for yourself (namely, XP gain, rewards gain and, the last but not the least, fun and feeling good because of achieved results). And that is really sad.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pundi said:

And your last hints regarding possibilities made me laugh. Without boosters it is no problem to get into top 15 in Dicktator I and even with boosters there is no chance to get in top 75 in Dicktator II.

I'm sorry, but that sounds extremely unlikely to me. Maybe if you've got nothing but common and rare boosters available. I'm regularly seeing sub-level 300 players pushing hard with epic and legendary boosters and making it into the top 50 and better in D2. (Not a strategy I'd advise, but that's a different matter.)

9 hours ago, Pundi said:

- And of course: Having the monthly card simply gives you someting that is simply unusable - doing 15 Fights in the leagues is something you cannot do if you do not want to risk being in the top 15.

The maximum possible points to be scored from an x15 is 375. Surely it's not that difficult to figure out when it's safe to use and when it isn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I'm sorry, but that sounds extremely unlikely to me. Maybe if you've got nothing but common and rare boosters available. I'm regularly seeing sub-level 300 players pushing hard with epic and legendary boosters and making it into the top 50 and better in D2. (Not a strategy I'd advise, but that's a different matter.)

The maximum possible points to be scored from an x15 is 375. Surely it's not that difficult to figure out when it's safe to use and when it isn't.

Maybe I have to try it again. But I tried once and when sorting by level I was at the 2nd last spot and I was using legendary boosters. (Epic have this % and that wouldn't make a big difference. But maybe I will try again in the future (I made some more levels till my last time in there ....)

And of course: it is not fully useless. I am using the 15 fights in the first days of the league. Just starting with day 3 I stop that and doing manual fights only with staying below level 15.

And my suggestion for the devs would be to simply adjust the rewards. Then people would do the fights that they could do. Timezone would no longer be an issue for an active player, because all possible fights would have been made. That is something that I would prefer much more over the current reward system.

Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas. 

unfortunately the reboot issue was already addressed in the past ...

I sent a ticket to support with all the world timetables (so they wouldn't have to work much, just choose), but there was no response.

The schedule is not the only bad thing since starting an event or a tournament at 5 in the morning (European time) and that it does not work is to throw the PC out the window (but if you do it at those hours it will not do you any good because all of Europe is sleeping) And if you complain that it malfunctions it will take 2 hours to fix it (what a coincidence !! It is the normal time to get up to go to work)

zombie.JPG.b7fab06d37ec4a51aca82de3406ed5f2.JPG

desgraciadamente el tema del reinicio ya fue abordado antiguamente....yo mismo mande un ticket a support con todos los horarios mundiales(asi no tendrian que trabajar mucho ,solo escoger),pero no hubo respuesta....

El horario no es lo unico malo ya que empezar un evento  o un torneo a las 5 de la mañana (hora Europea)y que no funcione es para tirar el pc por la ventana (pero si lo haces a esas horas no te servira de nada porque esta toda Europa durmiendo) y si te quejas que funciona mal tardaran 2 horas en arreglarlo ( que casualidad!! es la hora normal de levantarse para ir a trabajar)

I want sleep and the time reset no good for it.Hentai Heroes are creating possible aggressive zombies.1398240490_zombievsnurse.JPG.ac16b7cfd929fe2b126afd7456e0ec1f.JPG 

This 100%. Also important for contests!! Especially since contests are every day now, winning contests if you are in europe is almost impossible, since there will always be that 1 guy that sneaks in that 1 more  donation/1 more villain fight/1 more level given to a girl for girl xp, than what you have put in if you go to sleep at 23/midnight. After getting to lvl 300, I see a lot more competitive people and I assume it only gets even more so on higher levels, and if this isnt addressed and I go to even more competitive players that all sneak in the last second win on contests/leagues, well then I might as well quit, since I'll never get any worth in Kobans from Leagues/Competitions. 
Worst problem is that there's a simple solution for this but they don't care, since the way it is now incentivizes all of Europe to spend more money on kobans.
And that simple solution? Just region-lock these things and set reset timers to be at midnight in the middle of each region (i.e. you have GMT-2, GMT-1, GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2 timezones and u make it reset at midnight GMT time)! It's funny since Tower of Fame already resets at midnight for GMT+1, so it's clear and easy to change reset time to that. 

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

You do realize that the Tower of Fame weekly reset isn't at midnight in any other time zone besides CE(S)T?

Yes of course, I just meant it's not impossible to have a reset time at any given one, that was just the example I gave as to 1 reset that's based on Europe.

I mean, I've seen comments to the effect that the 5am CET reset time was also deliberately chosen with Europe in mind, but in the sense that it's intended to come at a time when few players will be online and the permissible server load is least likely to be exceeded...

That sounds reasonable, but still sucks for a fuckton of people, there's gotta be a better solution if that is the case :/

Edit: Wait a minute, region locking should still fix that issue! As you wouldnt be resetting all the servers at once, but gradually by the hour. Maybe they could lock it within 2 or even 1 timezone, and have it be done gradually. Maybe it'd be harder to find players within 2 timezones that are near each others level, but there's definitely ways to fix this issue as a whole, they just don't feel like putting in the work into decreasing incentive for europeans to give more money, since they arent earning as many kobans as other regions...

Edited by Čamuga