What is Idle for?

Semiramis

! is excitement. Sort of 'damage' in this games, but we don't want to damage anyone so it 'Excitement'.

There are two ways to apply damage excitement via clicks or by idling (not doing anything).

Click ! +100% mean your click excitement will be +100% more. In abscense of other click ! modifiers, this will double your click damage excitement.

In the beginning, try levelling Bunny and explore what does what.

IDLE is a automated click done for you by the game (you do not need to do anything)

CLICK is what you do when you press your left mouse button

These two types of click work together to create a higher value of damage than you alone could achieve.  

There are also Normal levels (Stages) which are levelled 1 to 9, 11 to 19, 21 to 29 and so on. Every 10th level is a Boss level they are harder than the normal levels and require a higher damage amount they also have a timer that when it runs out sends you back multiple levels.

In addition to this there are three types of levels Hard Core (Represented by a buttplug) Charm (Represented by a Heart) and Know How (Represented by a rubixcube) there are several perks and ability's in the game that only affect one of these three types such as Bunny's 2nd perk Hardcore IDLE! multiplier 3 (which multiplies your IDLE damage by 3x on hard core stages and bosses)

If you do not want to spend lots of time playing and clicking your mouse repeatably IDLE and related perks such as IDLE multiplier are for you

If you do not mind spending a lot of time at your PC/Phone clicking furiously CLICK and related perks such as CLICK multiplier are for you

If like most players however you do not mind occasionally clicking like a rabbit for short periods of time try finding a balance between the two with slight favour towards IDLE.

Try and unlock office crafts (commonly know as charms) as these will help you progress, this is done by spending the mojo you gain by resetting your levels (Forging)

Sex Powers (the 6 icons on bottom of your screen) can help you push those levels up but you will need to unlock them first by adding affection to the relevant girls.

Affection is the heart shaped currency at the top of your screen 100/100 (left side of the star ICON) it regenerates 1 point every 7 and a bit min, you also get affection when you use the forge to reset your levels but this extra affection can only be gained 1 time every 24 hours this information is displayed in the Forge dialog box (Affection Limit 0/200 Reset in xxh.xxm ( the limit is the maximum amount of affection you can clame  by resetting you can reset as many times as you like but once your affection limit is reached 200/200 you will no longer get affection until the timer resets, you will however still get Mojo used to level up and create office crafts.

Edited by maxafax

I happened to this topic accidentally but it seems to be beginner-level enough to ask.

Disclaimer: I have almost never played clicker games, so I am very clueless about them. I have tried out a couple of games for a few days and also tried out Hentai Clicker.
Definitely not my type of games but the idle/click thing has always puzzled me because it seems to be present in most of the clicker games.

All of the guides explain it the same way - "idle" is for letting the game progress while you are away, "click" is for you clicking at your mouse furiously. I see the same explanation here.

However in all of the clicker games I have tried, I have basically levelled click and idle together. Just checked Hentai Clicker and it's the same there.

Something is clicking constantly in the game and it's certainly not my mouse (or an autoclicker that I don't have). Bunny is the idle girl - if I level her more than Mizuki (the click girl), the progress becomes painfully slow. As soon as I level Mizuki, the progress speeds up, without me doing a single mouse click.

The same with those kink points - I add them to Emma, the click girl, and my progress speeds up considerably without me doing a single click. Other games have a more straightforward system of investing cash into either idle or click - and in all of them investing in click boosts progress without me clicking anything.

And then I read another guide telling me my play style should favour idle. But my progress seems to suffer terribly in all of the games as soon as I don't follow the levelling style of 50% to click, 50% to idle. E.g. in this game - the guides seem to tell me I should invest 600 kink points to idle. But my experience seems to tell me 300 to idle and 300 to click is always a better idea. Levelling Bunny-Mizuki-Bunny-Mizuki one after another is always better than favouring one of them.

I understand I'm missing something extremely basic about all clicker games, but I just don't get it.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

I happened to this topic accidentally but it seems to be beginner-level enough to ask.

I'm not the most eloquent at explaining things FinderKeeper could almost certainly do it better but I will attempt to put it in a way you and others can understand.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Answer to your specific question

The reason why it becomes painfully slow is because CLICK damage is added on top of  IDLE damage, you are correct that you need to level both (in most games) however in HC it is slightly different because when you progress further you encounter girls that have a much higher IDLE damage to COST ratio than the CLICK girls

This means that if you have a click girl and a idle girl that do the same amount of damage that the idle girl will be cheaper to add levels to effectively giving you extra levels on the IDLE girl and over time these extra levels become a significant damage boost.

In addition HC favours IDLE far more as most of the most powerful charms, perks and other effects you can get are more effective with IDLE than they are with CLICK

This is partly due to the limitation on how many clicks you are allowed to do in a second somewhere around 10 / 1s vs a much higher amount the game is allowed to do for you.

Along with multiple other mechanical oddities it makes HC really a IDLE game with few option on where to put your levels (only Felicia to be honest) 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

General explanation of game type

So to try and keep it basic, click will allow you to quickly shoot up a few levels but then you will hit a massive brick wall where you can no longer progress and as soon as you stop clicking your damage will massively drop down (as it enters IDLE only) which means your progress completely stops. This means the idea is to keep your IDLE high enough that when you are not clicking you are still progressing not necessarily to a higher stage or level  in fact quite often the opposite, however while in IDLE you will be gaining gold, yen or whatever currency that specific game uses this means you can add levels to your characters once again increasing there strength and allowing you to start moving up the levels/stages again.

This is the basic principle of most click type games you play for a bit adding levels to your girls allowing you to get to higher stages, once your leveling speed slows down you stop playing and let your currency build up, once you have enough currency to add a reasonable amount of levels to your characters you level them and start progressing threw stages again.

A lot of games make it a little more complicated than that by adding in other mechanics that increase power this may be threw different types of characters, buffs or other currency related items or even buildings. but the basic nudge style still remains moving up in small amounts at a time and becoming more powerful as you do so.

The other thing that most have in common is a reset necessity this is when you remove all the levels you have gained on your characters and go back to stage 1,

however you will be slightly more powerful this time around allowing you to level faster and easier and again many games have different types of mechanics to achieve this .

In Fap Titans for example you have your main girls (Hero's) similar to Mizuki in HC, Super Hero's additional characters that serve the same purpose as  perks in HC (just with more options)

and a main character (Representing you the player) that also has base attributes such as strength, agility and luck that increase your strength (similar to perks and buffs)

and a series of different buildings that increase your income/ resources used to make your super hero's and other building more powerful.

There are also usually a selection of temporary buffs in HC they are located on the bar at the bottomed of the screen with additional ones that you can purchase that appear at side of the scroll bar called boosters. These usually increase your income to spend on girls and your IDLE/CLICK damage in various different ways.

But basically all though the two games feel and look completely different they have a lot in common because they are both click games and run by the same nudge mechanics.

IDLE a passive ability that plays for you usually even when the game is not loaded into a device allowing you to gain currency so that when you return you can progress to a higher level.

CLICK a active ability that allows you to progress to a higher level.

STAGE DAMAGE the amount of damage needed to overcome a stage VS CHARICTOR DAMAGE the amount of damage you can do individually or when combining your IDLE, CLICK and or other effects such as temporary buffs.

If your CHARICTOR DAMAGE is > the STAGE DAMAGE you pass threw the stage, if it is < then you go to a earlier stage that you are able to pass threw until you have got enough currency to level your characters so that there damage is => than the required STAGE DAMMAGE.

Edited by maxafax
corection
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, jaybee said:

Levelling Bunny-Mizuki-Bunny-Mizuki one after another is always better than favouring one of them.

I wonder if you actually checked that, or are you just assuming?

Did you try for example:

-spending 10 min after reset just leveling Bunny

-spending 10 min after reset just leveling Mizuki

-spending 10 min after reset leveling both of them?

Also: If you have crafts that convert idle-to-click or click-to-idle this basicly turns Bunny into click girl, and Mizuki into idle girl (if crafts are leveled high enough).

• 2 weeks later...