[ 11-Jun-20 ] Dance With Me - Discussion

FinderKeeper

1 minute ago, EonLeOtaku said:

Try and refresh the page before continuing? Mine is fine, nothing changed

Did 5 times, cleared cache, changed browser but it was the same every time - guess im not getting her then

Seems like i complained too fast, they gave Ryos to cempensate 

Edited by extecter

Seriously, though?  I mean, I'm not one to criticize the devs, but come on: if you're going to reset the event, then reset the clock on it, too, to provide enough time to finish it.  Why do that by dumping a pile of ryos on us, just to force us to spend a bunch of them just to finish the event?  Since the timer is literally 18 hours short, it will cost over 10,000 ryos just to get enough moves to do it perfectly, if there are no further bugs (and that's a big "if"!).

Or if they really wanted to do it right, they would have the event timer start when you make your first move.  That way, it wouldn't matter what time zone you're in, or if they do an unannounced reset like this (how many times has this happened, now?).

• Thanks 1

In this post has posted Kinkoid:

Hey, guys, I've posted this in discord, posting here as well. 

Due to a recurring issue with the puzzle event, we have assigned a Ryo compensation to all affected players. 
Players who were affected by the issue will have their progress reset and assigned Ryos for each progression level.
Different level players have received a different amount of Ryos, according to their progression level in the event. 
The compensations is the following: 

1    5400 Ryo 
2    10800 Ryo 
3    18000 Ryo 
4    25200 Ryo 
5    34800 Ryo 
6    44400  Ryo 
7    56400 Ryo 
8    68400 Ryo 
9    83400 Ryo 

Please accept our deepest apologies.
Thank you for your patience and support.

Kinkoid

so, my question is: why not just restart the event completely tomorrow? Of course you'd want some compensation for the time/moves/ryos you spent on the event, but now they expect those players to be online 24/7 from an arbitrary point in time and spend the ryos they gave in order to be able to complete the event at all.

Basically, they fucked a bunch of people over, apologized for it and fucked people over in the process.

Also, do keep in mind that this bug affected how far the players were able to progress in the event, so the stage they've reached is in no way related to the effort they may have had to get there. So now they just dump a ryos on players based off luck and think this makes it okay.

Edited by Londov

well. I wish my progress was reset. That way I would get free freaking kobans and double rewards...

Level Moves Cost   Compensation GAIN
1     9     3600   5400         1800
2     9     7200   10800        3600
3     12    12000  18000        6000
4     12    16800  25200        8400
5     16    23200  34800        11600
6     16    29600  44400        14800
7     20    37600  56400        18800
8     20    45600  68400        22800
9     25    55600  83400        27800
10    25    65600  83400        DOUBLE REWARDS AND FREE KOBANS

I'm not 100% sure if that is true but if you start now with 20 moves again, you get additional +8000 kobans on top of that. So if your progress got reset, you are lucky.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Londov said:

so, my question is: why not just restart the event completely tomorrow? Of course you'd want some compensation for the time/moves/ryos you spent on the event, but now they expect those players to be online 24/7 from an arbitrary point in time and spend the ryos they gave in order to be able to complete the event at all.

That doesn't even make sense dude. If they reset your progress and you got these Ryos, you can catch up to where you were before, effectively losing you very little time, if any. Also, if your progress got reset indeed, you can grab all the rewards on your way back again.

16 minutes ago, Allen5_19 said:

Then, what happens to the people whos event hasn't been restarted? We continue with the event? We don't get the compensation ryos?

ye, you just get nothing and if you encountered some bugs with pieces you are even more behind...

1 hour ago, Londov said:

...arbitrary point in time...

1 hour ago, ismoke said:

If they reset your progress and you got these Ryos, you can catch up to where you were before, effectively losing you very little time, if any.

Sure, but it's that "arbitrary" part.  We didn't know this was going to happen, so we stopped accruing moves when the reset happened.  Or in other words, in addition to losing moves in our first run at the event, we lost time in our re-started event, too.  And in this instance, it can't even be chalked up to, "Well, you should have gotten in right when the event began," because we didn't even know it was going to restart.  Now, that said, I haven't done the math to see if the ryos awarded equated to more than the moves lost.  But let's face it: this was a clumsy way to fix a problem that was caused by clumsy implementation of the event in the first place.  The real solution would have been to start and/or restart the event timer from the moment of the first move for each player, giving each player their own timer (the start time for that timer could be stored in the players user profile in their database, or locally in a cookie).  And if you don't like that idea because it would mean that a player could start the event on day 4 and drag it out for another four days, then make it contingent on starting in the first 24 hours of the event.  That way, daily players are fine.  And to be honest, if you're not a daily player, you're going to fail the event, anyway.  To me, the question gets to be, why are they not handling timers in this way in the first place?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wtfok said:

This is annoying

Yep.  And to me, the most annoying part is that this is the third puzzle event we've had -- wouldn't you think they'd have the implementation down pat at this point?  As I said before, I hate to come off as criticizing the devs, but how many events of both types have had false starts, now?  Three?  Four?  More?  Right off the top of my head, I recall at least three.

1 hour ago, EdMuse said:

[...]

To be honest, I didn't read all that. Lack of attention and all, no offense. I think most or all of what you said would only apply to those who didn't get the reset/compensation, because I've definitely been overcompensated. When re-reaching my previous progress, I've had at least 5k Ryos more than before on top of a second serving of the first 4 rewards.

If anything, we should advocate for those folks who haven't been reset to at least get some or all of their moves re-filled so they won't have lost time by something they had no influence on, if they haven't already. But that's difficult to assess since much of this thread page is just aimless whining.

9 hours ago, ismoke said:

To be honest, I didn't read all that. Lack of attention and all, no offense. I think most or all of what you said would only apply to those who didn't get the reset/compensation, because I've definitely been overcompensated. When re-reaching my previous progress, I've had at least 5k Ryos more than before on top of a second serving of the first 4 rewards.

Not a problem; I can identify: I write a lot more than I read, myself.  Like I said, though, I haven't actually done the math, so if the compensation was ample enough, that goes a long way to making it okay.  The apology was nice, too.

9 hours ago, ismoke said:

If anything, we should advocate for those folks who haven't been reset to at least get some or all of their moves re-filled so they won't have lost time by something they had no influence on, if they haven't already. But that's difficult to assess since much of this thread page is just aimless whining.

Agreed.  Well, on the advocating for the folks who haven't been reset, part -- not necessarily on the aimless whining part.  I've seen plenty of aimless whining on these boards, and probably even done some, myself, and I'm not sure this discussion fits the definition.  But yeah, one problem with the solution is that, unless I miss my guess, the only ones who got reset and compensated were the ones who posted about having a problem.  The ones who had problems but didn't complain are probably just stuck.  That's why a general reset would likely have been a better idea.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

But yeah, one problem with the solution is that, unless I miss my guess, the only ones who got reset and compensated were the ones who posted about having a problem.  The ones who had problems but didn't complain are probably just stuck.  That's why a general reset would likely have been a better idea.

For what it's worth, I benefited from the reset & Ryo compensation without having posted a bug report.  I DID have a "stuck" piece on the 2nd or 3rd stage where I had to move a good piece back & forth in order to place the final one, so presumably Kinkoid checked their database.

I think the compensation was close enough to cover the moves I'd need to get back to where I left off, but it wasn't like I memorized how many moves I had taken on the flower puzzle.  Hard to tell as I wasn't in-game most of the day.

EDIT: I hope that others who were plagued by these issues have been compensated as well.  For my part, I plan to try to finish the event so maybe I'll be a few Ryos ahead... or maybe not (I started the event late to begin with).  I don't think the compensation was too much in my favor, unless I simply decided to abandon the event altogether & keep the reward.  And as for the "double" rewards within the event itself (kinkpoints, affection, Ryos)- I'd say that those help offset some of my frustrations earlier without being unfair to others.  It was a goodwill gesture that I appreciated, without being grossly unfair (like simply giving us a girl).

Edited by Hastur
additional comments